Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the stone represents in the King Arthur and Theseus myths?
(c) The populace.
(d) A womb.
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
(a) As a place of exile.
(b) As a sacred precinct.
(c) As a meeting place.
(d) As a city.
4. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was converted.
(b) He was threatened.
(c) He was swallowed by a whale.
(d) He lost everything he owned.
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
(a) The Sumerian myth of the huntress.
(b) The Native American myth of the seven sisters.
(c) The Norse myth of the apocalypse.
(d) The Greek tale of the priestesses of Artemis being turned into stars.
6. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As a god.
(b) As a prophet.
(c) As an eternal principle.
(d) As a god but also human.
7. What does Leeming say the Norse tree of life represents?
(c) Death and resurrection.
(d) Knowledge and Wisdom.
8. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
(a) A river nymph and a god.
(b) A wood nymph and a mortal woman.
(c) A goddess and a hunter.
(d) A supernatural spirit and a mortal woman.
9. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) The lotus flower.
(b) The four signs.
(c) A war.
(d) His parents.
10. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
11. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
(a) The idea of eternity.
(b) The idea of order.
(c) The idea of marriage.
(d) The idea of inspiration.
12. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(b) The desert.
(c) The Holy Land.
(d) The Red Sea.
13. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
(a) A protagonist and an antagonist.
(b) A timeless framework of experiences and triumphs.
(c) A single heroic identity.
(d) Elements that may or may not be acted out by each hero.
14. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) Wealth and status.
(c) New powers and knowledge.
(d) New crafts and techniques.
15. What does Leeming say that mountain represents as a sacred place?
(a) The permanent presence of the forebears.
(b) The cosmic center.
(c) The prophetic vision.
(d) The end of history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
2. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
3. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents in myth?
4. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
5. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)