|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the temple at Delphi represents?
(a) Prophetic arts.
(b) Karmic revisitation of sins.
(c) Feminine nature.
(d) Divine inspiration.
2. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) The four signs.
(b) The lotus flower.
(c) A war.
(d) His parents.
3. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) Redeem sinners.
(b) Found new nations.
(c) Share them with the people.
(d) Renew culture from death.
4. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
(a) Multiple languages.
(c) Adult qualities, even in their innocence.
(d) Pure hearts.
5. What does Leeming say the Bethel stone represents?
(a) The origin of life.
(b) The center of the earth.
(c) The ancestors.
(d) The gates of heaven.
6. Whose story does Leeming cite as evidence of the story of the fall of a great city?
(a) Virgil's "Aeneid."
(b) Apollonius of Rhodes' "Argonautica."
(c) Sophocles' "Oedipus Rex."
(d) Homer's "Iliad."
7. How does Leeming say most people celebrate Jerusalem?
(a) As a history.
(b) As an identity.
(c) As a metaphor.
(d) As a physical location.
8. What does Leeming say the chasm at Delphi gives access to?
(a) Mother Earth's womb.
(b) Loki's powers.
(c) The fates' prophecies.
(d) Pan's secrets.
9. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
(a) A powerful family.
(b) Six fingers on each hand.
(c) All the powers he needed for his quest.
(d) A sword.
10. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) The burning bush.
(b) The ten commandments.
(c) He heard an angel.
(d) He saw God's backside.
11. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) When the world is dying.
(b) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
(c) When they are most needed.
(d) In spring.
12. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
(a) The burning bush.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The maid of the lake.
(d) God's angel Gabriel.
13. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
14. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
(a) As feminine.
(b) As ancient.
(c) As political.
(d) As divine.
15. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
(a) A supernatural spirit and a mortal woman.
(b) A river nymph and a god.
(c) A wood nymph and a mortal woman.
(d) A goddess and a hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents in myth?
2. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
3. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
4. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
5. What does Leeming say European cathedrals are thought to represent?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)