|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say European cathedrals are thought to represent?
(a) The rock on which the church exists.
(b) The light of inspiration.
(c) The thoughts of God.
(d) The body of Christ on a horizontal plane.
2. How does Leeming say the Greeks thought of Delphi?
(a) As a business center.
(b) As a tourist destination.
(c) As the center of Greek power.
(d) As the center of the world.
3. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
4. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Red Sea.
5. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of fears.
(b) The study of the end of time.
(c) The study of Supreme Beings.
(d) The study of prophecies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
2. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
3. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
4. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
5. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)