|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(b) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(c) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
(d) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
2. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
3. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
(b) Wealth and status.
(c) New crafts and techniques.
(d) New powers and knowledge.
4. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The earth mother.
(b) Odin's wife.
(c) The goddess of cultivation.
(d) The goddess of the hunt.
5. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Tree of Knowledge in the Hebraic myth foreshadows?
2. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
3. What is eschatology?
4. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
5. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)