|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(a) Death and resurrection.
(c) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
(d) The balance between free will and fate.
2. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) When the world is dying.
(b) In spring.
(c) When they are most needed.
(d) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
3. What does Leeming say the city represents in myth?
(a) Femininity and nourishment.
(b) Order and law.
(c) Corruption and commerce.
(d) Confusion and society.
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
(a) Craft and teaching.
(c) Creation and nourishment.
(d) Death and resurrection.
5. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the history of the heavens.
(b) The scientific study of the universal order.
(c) The study of beauty aids.
(d) The study of the structure of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
2. Whose story does Leeming cite as evidence of the story of the fall of a great city?
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
4. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
5. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)