|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(c) The Great Flood.
(d) The meaning of life.
2. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of birth from nothing.
(b) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
(c) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(d) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
2. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
3. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
4. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
5. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)