|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say European cathedrals are thought to represent?
(a) The body of Christ on a horizontal plane.
(b) The thoughts of God.
(c) The light of inspiration.
(d) The rock on which the church exists.
2. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
(b) Humans had to offer their worship.
(c) The flood.
(d) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
3. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
(a) In the seasons.
(b) In the form of nature.
(c) In modern agriculture.
(d) In the constellations.
4. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
(b) The hero is called into action.
(c) The hero leaves home.
(d) The hero discovers a special power.
5. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(a) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(b) Animal spirits and stars.
(c) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say that Galahad found in the Chapel Perilous?
3. Who sent the serpents that devoured the character who warned the Trojans not to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
4. When was the Book of the Dead made?
5. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)