|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
(b) The hero leaves home.
(c) The hero is called into action.
(d) The hero discovers a special power.
2. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
(a) Political metaphor.
(b) Legalistic language.
(c) Prophecy of Christ.
(d) Anxiety about the Greeks' supremacy.
3. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(c) Re or Atun.
4. What symbols in churches does Leeming say represent the Great Mother?
(a) Baptismal fonts.
(b) Flying buttresses.
(c) Stained glass windows.
5. What does Leeming say European cathedrals are thought to represent?
(a) The rock on which the church exists.
(b) The body of Christ on a horizontal plane.
(c) The thoughts of God.
(d) The light of inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not an example of a sacred mountain in Leeming's account?
2. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
3. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
4. In what way does Leeming say that Jerusalem is an unusual city?
5. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)