|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
(a) The journey into the unknown.
(b) The hidden murderous nature of man.
(c) The intricate nature of creation.
(d) The dangers of inexperience.
2. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
(a) He pulled the sword from the stone.
(b) He killed his father and married his mother.
(c) He killed the usurper who had taken his father's life.
(d) He worked as a woman for 12 years.
3. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
(a) The birth of new children each generation.
(b) The death of each generation.
(c) The flooding of the Nile.
(d) The expansion of the desert.
4. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
5. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As young and unmarried.
(b) As gods of craft as well.
(c) As male and promiscuous.
(d) As half-goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
3. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
4. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
5. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)