|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(b) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(c) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(d) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
2. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) How the universe was developed.
(b) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(c) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(d) The creation of humankind.
3. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) His parents.
(b) The four signs.
(c) A war.
(d) The lotus flower.
4. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(b) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(c) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(d) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
5. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of Supreme Beings.
(b) The study of the end of time.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say that mountain represents as a sacred place?
2. Why does Leeming say trees are often sacred symbols?
3. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
4. Who sent the serpents that devoured the character who warned the Trojans not to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)