|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero leaves home.
(b) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
(c) The hero is called into action.
(d) The hero discovers a special power.
2. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) A war.
(b) The four signs.
(c) The lotus flower.
(d) His parents.
3. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
4. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Funeral dirge.
(b) Wedding ode.
(c) Rite of passage.
(d) Celebration of the high Marduk.
5. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
(a) The idea of inspiration.
(b) The idea of eternity.
(c) The idea of order.
(d) The idea of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
2. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
3. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
4. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)