|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
(a) The idea of eternity.
(b) The idea of marriage.
(c) The idea of order.
(d) The idea of inspiration.
2. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) When they are most needed.
(b) In spring.
(c) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
(d) When the world is dying.
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(b) Both involve flowers.
(c) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
(d) Both can be related to self-denial.
5. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
(a) A new age of the world was initiated.
(b) The gigantomachy was avenged.
(c) Greek enemies everywhere lost hope.
(d) The cosmos was turned to chaos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
3. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
4. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents in myth?
5. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)