|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
(a) The concept of justice in the universe.
(b) The concept of creation from nothing.
(c) The concept of God and Goddess.
(d) The concept of redemption.
3. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 500 BCE.
(b) 950 BCE.
(c) 800 BCE.
(d) 110 CE.
4. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different explanations for consciousness.
(b) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(c) The different names for the god.
(d) The competing theories for creation.
5. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Leeming describe as the epitome of the story of the loss of genitals?
2. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
4. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
5. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)