|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the loss of genitals represents in myth?
(a) Planting a seed in the womb of the Great Mother.
(b) Domination by ideas.
(c) Gaining second sight.
(d) Loss of a culture's integrity.
2. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
(b) The Nibelungenleid.
(c) Tacitus' Germania.
(d) The Kalevala.
3. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(b) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
(c) The variety of forms the creator made.
(d) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
4. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Red Sea.
5. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(b) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(c) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(d) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
3. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
4. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
5. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)