|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The importance of proselytizing.
(b) The importance of being on a mission.
(c) The sublimity of God.
(d) The dangers of disobeying God.
2. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through initiating their children.
(b) Through song.
(c) Through art.
(d) Through spreading their culture.
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(b) The competing theories for creation.
(c) The different names for the god.
(d) The different explanations for consciousness.
4. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
(b) He was childlike but wise.
(c) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
(d) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The laws of creation.
(b) The possibility of redemption.
(c) The beginning and end of time.
(d) The embodiment of kingship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
2. What tale does Leeming describe as the epitome of the story of the loss of genitals?
3. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
5. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)