|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
2. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As gods of craft as well.
(b) As young and unmarried.
(c) As male and promiscuous.
(d) As half-goat.
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different explanations for consciousness.
(b) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(c) The competing theories for creation.
(d) The different names for the god.
4. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
(a) The interrelationships of sisters.
(b) The light that comes out of darkness.
(c) The persecution of a group of women.
(d) The female principle that only shows itself out of the corner of your eye.
5. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
2. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
3. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
5. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)