|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(c) Re or Atun.
2. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(b) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
(c) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(d) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
3. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
4. What does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave can be ideal places for?
(a) Murders and secret rites.
(b) Withdrawal for meditation.
(c) Political plots and coups.
(d) Love affairs.
5. Which is not an example of a sacred mountain in Leeming's account?
(a) Mount Ararat.
(b) Mount Everest.
(c) Mount Sinai.
(d) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
2. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
3. In what way does Leeming say that Jerusalem is an unusual city?
4. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
5. What does Leeming say the city represents in myth?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)