|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Greeks thought of Delphi?
(a) As a business center.
(b) As a tourist destination.
(c) As the center of Greek power.
(d) As the center of the world.
2. What does Leeming say the temple at Delphi represents?
(a) Divine inspiration.
(b) Feminine nature.
(c) Karmic revisitation of sins.
(d) Prophetic arts.
3. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
(a) The commonality of elements in all myths.
(b) The single identity of all heroes.
(c) The tendency of most hero stories to follow one pattern.
(d) The persistence of the collective unconscious across cultures.
4. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
(a) He created himself through his mother's dreams.
(b) He was a normal human baby.
(c) He was conceived first as a snake.
(d) He was conceived by the sky god.
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Book of the Dead made?
2. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
3. What does Leeming say the loss of genitals represents in myth?
4. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
5. What is a teleological reason for myth?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)