|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) He saw God's backside.
(b) The burning bush.
(c) He heard an angel.
(d) The ten commandments.
2. How does Leeming define the hero?
(a) The hero is an inventor who brings new knowledge.
(b) The hero is the person who performs feats beyond the ordinary world.
(c) The hero is the fixer who banishes monsters and overcomes obstacles.
(d) The hero is any exceptional person.
3. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) His knights were not worthy.
(b) His subjects rebel.
(c) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(d) His knights seduce his wife.
4. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
(a) The idea of inspiration.
(b) The idea of order.
(c) The idea of marriage.
(d) The idea of eternity.
5. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
2. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
4. How does Leeming say the Greeks thought of Delphi?
5. What does Leeming say the loss of genitals represents in myth?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)