|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of beautification.
(b) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
(c) Myth of creation.
(d) Myth of the end of time.
2. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134 BCE.
(b) 2134-1660 BCE.
(c) 2134-1200 BCE.
(d) 3000-2134 BCE.
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(c) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(d) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
4. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
(b) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
(c) He was childlike but wise.
(d) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
5. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) His parents.
(b) The four signs.
(c) The lotus flower.
(d) A war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
2. Which is not an example of a sacred mountain in Leeming's account?
3. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
4. What does Leeming say places and objects represent in myths?
5. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)