|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of beauty aids.
(b) The scientific study of the universal order.
(c) The study of the history of the heavens.
(d) The study of the structure of the universe.
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The meaning of life.
(c) The Great Flood.
3. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(d) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
4. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through spreading their culture.
(b) Through song.
(c) Through art.
(d) Through initiating their children.
5. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of beautification.
(b) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
(c) Myth of creation.
(d) Myth of the end of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
2. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
4. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
5. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)