|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During wars.
(b) During rites of passage.
(c) During coronations and funerals.
(d) During weddings and births.
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of beauty aids.
(b) The study of the structure of the universe.
(c) The study of the history of the heavens.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
3. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) The Great Flood.
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134-1200 BCE.
(b) 2134-1660 BCE.
(c) 3000-2134 BCE.
(d) 2134 BCE.
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As patrilineal.
(d) As communal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
2. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
3. What is cosmogony?
4. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
5. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)