|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
2. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 800 BCE.
(b) 950 BCE.
(c) 110 CE.
(d) 500 BCE.
3. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(b) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(c) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(d) Bumba is white.
4. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(b) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(c) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(d) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
5. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
(b) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(c) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(d) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
3. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
4. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
5. What is eschatology?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)