|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The development of technology.
(b) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(c) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
(d) The evolution of morals and laws.
2. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(c) Free will.
3. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134-1200 BCE.
(b) 2134 BCE.
(c) 2134-1660 BCE.
(d) 3000-2134 BCE.
4. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He fashions it from stone.
(b) He vomits it.
(c) He excretes it.
(d) He finds it.
5. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Funeral dirge.
(b) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(c) Wedding ode.
(d) Rite of passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
2. When was the Book of the Dead made?
3. How does Leeming define cosmology?
4. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
5. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)