|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
2. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 2200-2000 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 3000-2200 BCE.
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
4. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of creation.
(b) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
(c) Myth of beautification.
(d) Myth of the end of time.
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 95 CE.
(c) 51 CE.
(d) 33 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
4. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
5. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)