|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 1500-1200 BCE.
(b) 3000-2200 BCE.
(c) 1800-1500 BCE.
(d) 2200-2000 BCE.
2. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 33 BCE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 95 CE.
(d) 51 CE.
3. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He fashions it from stone.
(c) He vomits it.
(d) He finds it.
4. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
5. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
2. What is cosmogony?
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
5. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)