|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The meaning of life.
(d) The Great Flood.
2. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(b) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(c) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(d) Bumba is white.
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through song.
(b) Through initiating their children.
(c) Through art.
(d) Through spreading their culture.
4. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(d) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
5. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of fears.
(b) The study of Supreme Beings.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of the end of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
4. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
5. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)