|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During weddings and births.
(b) During wars.
(c) During coronations and funerals.
(d) During rites of passage.
2. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 33 BCE.
(c) 51 CE.
(d) 95 CE.
3. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(b) The creation of humankind.
(c) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(d) How the universe was developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
2. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
4. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
5. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)