|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different names for the god.
(b) The competing theories for creation.
(c) The different explanations for consciousness.
(d) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
2. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 2134 BCE.
(b) 1400 CE.
(c) 1550 BCE.
(d) 1200 CE.
3. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He vomits it.
(b) He excretes it.
(c) He fashions it from stone.
(d) He finds it.
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As matriarchal.
(b) As warlike.
(c) As communal.
(d) As patrilineal.
5. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of industry from crafts.
(b) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(c) The rise of technology.
(d) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
2. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
3. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
4. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
5. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)