|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) Intelligent design.
(d) The Big Bang.
2. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
(a) Primeval gathering places or mounds that become fused with the sun.
(b) Plains where men sow seeds that unite earth and water.
(c) Caves where men are reunited with the earth.
(d) Oceans where life first developed.
3. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Transcendent truths.
(b) Heroes and heroines.
(c) Monsters and angels.
(d) Universal human concerns.
4. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(b) The Gaia hypothesis.
(c) Re or Atun.
(d) Enuma Elish.
5. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(b) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(c) The role of humanity in the universe.
(d) The morality of human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
4. What is eschatology?
5. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)