|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different explanations for consciousness.
(b) The competing theories for creation.
(c) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(d) The different names for the god.
3. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(b) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
(c) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(d) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(b) The development of technology.
(c) The evolution of morals and laws.
(d) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
5. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As sacramental.
(b) As ritual.
(c) As prophetic.
(d) As nostalgic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
2. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
3. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
4. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)