|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(b) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(c) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(d) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
2. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During weddings and births.
(b) During coronations and funerals.
(c) During wars.
(d) During rites of passage.
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(b) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(c) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
(d) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
4. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) Intelligent design.
(c) Creation ex nihilo.
(d) The Big Bang.
5. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(b) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(c) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(d) Winning glory for their god.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
2. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
4. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
5. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)