|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of Supreme Beings.
(b) The study of the end of time.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of fears.
2. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(d) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(b) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(c) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(d) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of birth from nothing.
(b) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
(c) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(d) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
3. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
4. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
5. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)