|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Monsters and angels.
(b) Heroes and heroines.
(c) Universal human concerns.
(d) Transcendent truths.
2. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
3. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the structure of the universe.
(b) The study of beauty aids.
(c) The scientific study of the universal order.
(d) The study of the history of the heavens.
4. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(d) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
5. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(c) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
2. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
3. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
4. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)