|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(b) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
(c) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(d) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
2. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
3. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134-1200 BCE.
(b) 2134-1660 BCE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 3000-2134 BCE.
4. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(c) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(d) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
5. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
3. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
4. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
5. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)