|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He fashions it from stone.
(b) He vomits it.
(c) He finds it.
(d) He excretes it.
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The role of humanity in the universe.
(b) The morality of human beings.
(c) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(d) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
3. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The Great Flood.
(c) The meaning of life.
4. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 95 CE.
(c) 110 CE.
(d) 33 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
5. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)