|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The evolution of morals and laws.
(b) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(c) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
(d) The development of technology.
2. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Rite of passage.
(b) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(c) Wedding ode.
(d) Funeral dirge.
3. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
4. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of prophecies.
(b) The study of the end of time.
(c) The study of Supreme Beings.
(d) The study of fears.
5. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
4. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)