|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Scientific truths.
(b) Historical realities.
(c) Future predictions.
(d) Cultural truths.
2. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 600-400 BCE.
(b) 300-100 BCE.
(c) 500-400 BCE.
(d) 900-500 BCE.
3. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 95 CE.
4. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(d) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
(b) The pains of childbirth.
(c) The process of being born.
(d) The planet earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
2. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
3. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
5. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)