|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134 BCE.
(b) 2134-1200 BCE.
(c) 2134-1660 BCE.
(d) 3000-2134 BCE.
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The meaning of life.
(d) The Great Flood.
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
5. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
2. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
4. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
5. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)