|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(b) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(c) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(d) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
2. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
3. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 600-400 BCE.
(b) 500-400 BCE.
(c) 900-500 BCE.
(d) 300-100 BCE.
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As communal.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As patrilineal.
(d) As warlike.
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
(a) Craft and teaching.
(b) Death and resurrection.
(d) Creation and nourishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
4. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
5. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)