|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
(a) The earth and moon.
(c) The hearth.
2. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As male and promiscuous.
(b) As half-goat.
(c) As gods of craft as well.
(d) As young and unmarried.
3. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(b) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(c) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(d) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
4. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The meaning of life.
(d) The Great Flood.
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(b) As a metaphor for maturity.
(c) As a metaphor for birth.
(d) As a metaphor for history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
2. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
3. When were the Coffin Texts made?
4. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)