|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
(a) The invasion of Ethiopians in 2,200 BCE.
(b) Historical political and religious conflicts in 4,000 BCE.
(c) The expansion of trade in the Mediterranean.
(d) The human struggle against evil.
2. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(c) Free will.
4. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
(a) The hearth.
(d) The earth and moon.
5. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
4. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)