|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) The Nibelungenleid.
(b) The Kalevala.
(c) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
(d) Tacitus' Germania.
2. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
3. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(b) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(c) Bumba is white.
(d) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
4. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(b) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(c) How the universe was developed.
(d) The creation of humankind.
5. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(b) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(c) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(d) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
2. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
3. What is cosmogony?
4. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)