|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
(b) The planet earth.
(c) The pains of childbirth.
(d) The process of being born.
3. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
(a) The cleansing effect of death on culture.
(b) The clean feeling after admitting wrong.
(c) The unconscious before experiencing rebirth.
(d) Extreme guilt washing away with forgiveness.
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
5. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(b) The rise of industry from crafts.
(c) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
(d) The rise of technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
2. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say is important about dying gods?
4. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
5. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)