|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(b) Bumba is white.
(c) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(d) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
2. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As patrilineal.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As warlike.
(d) As communal.
3. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 33 BCE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 95 CE.
(d) 51 CE.
4. What does Leeming say is important about dying gods?
(a) Dying gods let cultures experience death and resurrection.
(b) Dying gods explain the seasons.
(c) Dying gods give men reasons to go to war.
(d) Dying gods protect humans from their feelings about death.
5. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
2. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
3. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
4. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)