|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The variety of forms the creator made.
(b) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(c) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(d) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through initiating their children.
(b) Through spreading their culture.
(c) Through song.
(d) Through art.
4. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
(b) The Kalevala.
(c) The Nibelungenleid.
(d) Tacitus' Germania.
5. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As ritual.
(b) As prophetic.
(c) As nostalgic.
(d) As sacramental.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
2. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
5. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)