|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(c) Free will.
2. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
(a) The invasion of Ethiopians in 2,200 BCE.
(b) The human struggle against evil.
(c) Historical political and religious conflicts in 4,000 BCE.
(d) The expansion of trade in the Mediterranean.
3. What is an ontological reason for myth?
(a) To understand existence.
(b) To beautify existence.
(c) To understand the goal of existence.
(d) To compensate for the loss of instinct.
4. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 300-100 BCE.
(b) 500-400 BCE.
(c) 900-500 BCE.
(d) 600-400 BCE.
5. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Aolians.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Syracusans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
2. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
3. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
5. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)