|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(d) The meaning of life.
2. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
(a) The death of each generation.
(b) The flooding of the Nile.
(c) The birth of new children each generation.
(d) The expansion of the desert.
3. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
4. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are metaphors for human experiences.
(b) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
(c) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
(d) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
3. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
5. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)