|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically female.
(b) That they are typically linear narratives.
(c) That they are typically moral.
(d) That they are typically allegorical.
4. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1400 CE.
(b) 1200 CE.
(c) 1550 BCE.
(d) 2134 BCE.
5. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
(a) In the constellations.
(b) In modern agriculture.
(c) In the seasons.
(d) In the form of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
2. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
4. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)