|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 950 BCE.
(c) 500 BCE.
(d) 800 BCE.
2. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(b) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
(c) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(d) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
3. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
(b) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(c) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(d) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(b) Death and resurrection.
(c) The balance between free will and fate.
(d) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
2. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
3. What is a teleological reason for myth?
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
5. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)