|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(b) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(d) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
2. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
(a) In primitive culture.
(b) In industrial religion.
(c) In folklore.
(d) In modern art.
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As communal.
(c) As patriarchal.
(d) As matrilineal.
4. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 3000-2200 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 2200-2000 BCE.
5. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
(d) Worship from humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
2. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
3. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
4. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
5. How does Leeming define cosmology?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)