|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) Humans had to offer their worship.
(b) The flood.
(c) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
(d) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
2. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Wedding ode.
(b) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(c) Funeral dirge.
(d) Rite of passage.
3. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As communal.
(d) As patrilineal.
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 3000-2134 BCE.
(b) 2134 BCE.
(c) 2134-1200 BCE.
(d) 2134-1660 BCE.
5. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
(b) As a divine family.
(c) As a system of checks and balances.
(d) As a nationalization of local gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
3. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
4. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
5. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)