|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that define the order of the world.
(b) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
(c) Myths that define the constellations.
(d) Myths that define the history of the earth.
2. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As communal.
(c) As matrilineal.
(d) As warlike.
4. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The dangers of disobeying God.
(b) The importance of proselytizing.
(c) The importance of being on a mission.
(d) The sublimity of God.
5. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(b) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(c) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(d) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
2. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
5. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)