|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that define the history of the earth.
(b) Myths that define the order of the world.
(c) Myths that define the constellations.
(d) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
2. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
3. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
(a) The human struggle against evil.
(b) The expansion of trade in the Mediterranean.
(c) Historical political and religious conflicts in 4,000 BCE.
(d) The invasion of Ethiopians in 2,200 BCE.
4. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
(a) The concept of creation from nothing.
(b) The concept of redemption.
(c) The concept of God and Goddess.
(d) The concept of justice in the universe.
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
(a) The planet earth.
(b) The pains of childbirth.
(c) The process of being born.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
2. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
4. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
5. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)