|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) The Great Flood.
2. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
(b) Humans had to offer their worship.
(c) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
(d) The flood.
3. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(b) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(c) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(d) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
4. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of the end of time.
(b) The study of prophecies.
(c) The study of fears.
(d) The study of Supreme Beings.
5. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
4. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)