|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As matrilineal.
(b) As communal.
(c) As patriarchal.
(d) As warlike.
2. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Syracusans.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Aolians.
3. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Winning glory for their god.
(b) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(c) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(d) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
4. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(b) His knights were not worthy.
(c) His knights seduce his wife.
(d) His subjects rebel.
5. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) He saw God's backside.
(b) He heard an angel.
(c) The ten commandments.
(d) The burning bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
2. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)