|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
(a) The single identity of all heroes.
(b) The tendency of most hero stories to follow one pattern.
(c) The persistence of the collective unconscious across cultures.
(d) The commonality of elements in all myths.
3. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(b) His knights seduce his wife.
(c) His subjects rebel.
(d) His knights were not worthy.
4. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As young and unmarried.
(b) As male and promiscuous.
(c) As half-goat.
(d) As gods of craft as well.
5. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(c) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
2. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
3. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
5. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)