|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both involve flowers.
(b) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(c) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
(d) Both can be related to self-denial.
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
(a) 900 CE.
(b) 1,500 BCE.
(c) 2000 BCE.
(d) 1,000 BCE.
4. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Historical realities.
(b) Scientific truths.
(c) Future predictions.
(d) Cultural truths.
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
(b) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(c) The question of birth from nothing.
(d) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
2. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
3. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)