|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
(a) The maid of the lake.
(b) The burning bush.
(c) God's angel Gabriel.
(d) The Holy Grail.
2. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) Found new nations.
(b) Redeem sinners.
(c) Renew culture from death.
(d) Share them with the people.
3. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During coronations and funerals.
(b) During weddings and births.
(c) During rites of passage.
(d) During wars.
4. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(b) Re or Atun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
2. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
3. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)