|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As a thunderbolt.
(b) As the sun.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As the earth.
3. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(a) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(b) Animal spirits and stars.
(d) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
4. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The Great Flood.
(d) The meaning of life.
5. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
(a) He killed his father and married his mother.
(b) He killed the usurper who had taken his father's life.
(c) He worked as a woman for 12 years.
(d) He pulled the sword from the stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
2. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
3. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
4. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. What is a teleological reason for myth?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)