|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through song.
(b) Through art.
(c) Through spreading their culture.
(d) Through initiating their children.
2. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(b) Bumba is white.
(c) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(d) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
3. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 500 BCE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 800 BCE.
(d) 950 BCE.
4. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) His knights were not worthy.
(b) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(c) His knights seduce his wife.
(d) His subjects rebel.
5. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
(a) Found a new country.
(b) Kill his father and marry his mother.
(c) Institute an age of peace.
(d) Discover medicines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
2. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
3. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
4. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)