|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
(a) The Greek tale of the priestesses of Artemis being turned into stars.
(b) The Sumerian myth of the huntress.
(c) The Norse myth of the apocalypse.
(d) The Native American myth of the seven sisters.
3. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
4. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The goddess of the hunt.
(b) The earth mother.
(c) Odin's wife.
(d) The goddess of cultivation.
5. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different explanations for consciousness.
(b) The different names for the god.
(c) The competing theories for creation.
(d) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
2. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
5. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)