|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) The four signs.
(b) The lotus flower.
(c) His parents.
(d) A war.
2. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
3. How does Leeming describe Antigone's quest?
(a) As a fulfillment of prophecy.
(b) As a fight against patriarchal culture.
(c) As an attempt to express her human nature.
(d) As an attempt to repent parental sins.
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(b) Both can be related to self-denial.
(c) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
(d) Both involve flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
2. How does Leeming define gods?
3. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
4. What is cosmogony?
5. What does Leeming say the stories of heroes who return or are reborn signify?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)