|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(b) The Sumerian for death.
(c) The Egyptian for thunder.
(d) The Persian for power.
2. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(b) Wedding ode.
(c) Rite of passage.
(d) Funeral dirge.
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1200 CE.
(b) 1550 BCE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1400 CE.
4. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
(b) They are metaphors for human experiences.
(c) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
(d) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
5. How does Leeming describe Antigone's quest?
(a) As an attempt to repent parental sins.
(b) As a fulfillment of prophecy.
(c) As a fight against patriarchal culture.
(d) As an attempt to express her human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
2. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
3. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
4. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
5. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)