|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
(a) 2000 BCE.
(b) 1,000 BCE.
(c) 900 CE.
(d) 1,500 BCE.
2. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The importance of proselytizing.
(b) The sublimity of God.
(c) The dangers of disobeying God.
(d) The importance of being on a mission.
3. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
(b) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
(c) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
(d) They are metaphors for human experiences.
4. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As an eternal principle.
(b) As a god but also human.
(c) As a prophet.
(d) As a god.
5. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 950 BCE.
(b) 800 BCE.
(c) 500 BCE.
(d) 110 CE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
2. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
3. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
4. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
5. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)