|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(b) The creation of humankind.
(c) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(d) How the universe was developed.
2. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As an eternal principle.
(b) As a prophet.
(c) As a god.
(d) As a god but also human.
3. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 600-400 BCE.
(b) 500-400 BCE.
(c) 900-500 BCE.
(d) 300-100 BCE.
4. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
(b) They are metaphors for human experiences.
(c) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
(d) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1400 CE.
(b) 1200 CE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1550 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
2. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
3. What was Hiawatha's quest?
4. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)