|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a system of checks and balances.
(b) As a nationalization of local gods.
(c) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
(d) As a divine family.
2. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 950 BCE.
(c) 800 BCE.
(d) 500 BCE.
3. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
(a) The concept of creation from nothing.
(b) The concept of redemption.
(c) The concept of God and Goddess.
(d) The concept of justice in the universe.
4. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
(a) The interrelationships of sisters.
(b) The light that comes out of darkness.
(c) The female principle that only shows itself out of the corner of your eye.
(d) The persecution of a group of women.
5. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
(a) The collective unconscious.
(b) Timeless laws of the universe.
(c) Earth, wind, water and fire.
(d) Elements of society, as well as human emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
2. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
3. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
4. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
5. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)