|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The importance of being on a mission.
(b) The importance of proselytizing.
(c) The sublimity of God.
(d) The dangers of disobeying God.
2. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(a) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
(c) The balance between free will and fate.
(d) Death and resurrection.
3. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
(a) Extreme guilt washing away with forgiveness.
(b) The unconscious before experiencing rebirth.
(c) The clean feeling after admitting wrong.
(d) The cleansing effect of death on culture.
4. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
(a) Six fingers on each hand.
(b) A powerful family.
(c) All the powers he needed for his quest.
(d) A sword.
5. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)