|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(b) Both involve flowers.
(c) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
(d) Both can be related to self-denial.
2. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(b) Bumba is white.
(c) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(d) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
3. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As patrilineal.
(b) As communal.
(c) As matriarchal.
(d) As warlike.
4. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
(a) They both preached love.
(b) They were both reborn.
(c) They were both divine humans.
(d) They were both born of virgins.
5. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Cultural truths.
(b) Scientific truths.
(c) Historical realities.
(d) Future predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
2. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
3. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
5. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)