|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As the earth.
(b) As the sun.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a thunderbolt.
2. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of creation.
(b) Myth of beautification.
(c) Myth of the end of time.
(d) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
3. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
(b) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
(c) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
(d) He was childlike but wise.
4. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(d) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
5. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was swallowed by a whale.
(b) He was converted.
(c) He was threatened.
(d) He lost everything he owned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
3. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
4. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
5. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)