|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
(a) A powerful family.
(b) Six fingers on each hand.
(c) A sword.
(d) All the powers he needed for his quest.
2. Why does Leeming say the hero sometimes refuses the quest?
(a) Because they distrust their mission.
(b) Because they do not want to be heroes.
(c) Because they are afraid.
(d) Because of a sense of unworthiness.
3. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) The burning bush.
(b) The ten commandments.
(c) He heard an angel.
(d) He saw God's backside.
4. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
(a) Gaia created her own mate.
(b) Gaia killed her husbands.
(c) Gaia fought to enthrone each of her husbands.
(d) Gaia devoured her offspring.
5. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero discovers a special power.
(b) The hero is called into action.
(c) The hero leaves home.
(d) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
2. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
4. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
5. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)