|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He fashions it from stone.
(c) He finds it.
(d) He vomits it.
2. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(b) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(c) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(d) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
3. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for birth.
(b) As a metaphor for history.
(c) As a metaphor for maturity.
(d) As a metaphor for storytelling.
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134-1660 BCE.
(b) 3000-2134 BCE.
(c) 2134-1200 BCE.
(d) 2134 BCE.
5. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(b) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(c) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(d) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cosmogony?
2. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
3. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
4. How does Leeming define the hero?
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)