|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
(a) The invasion of Ethiopians in 2,200 BCE.
(b) Historical political and religious conflicts in 4,000 BCE.
(c) The expansion of trade in the Mediterranean.
(d) The human struggle against evil.
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for maturity.
(b) As a metaphor for history.
(c) As a metaphor for birth.
(d) As a metaphor for storytelling.
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
(a) The unconscious before experiencing rebirth.
(b) The cleansing effect of death on culture.
(c) The clean feeling after admitting wrong.
(d) Extreme guilt washing away with forgiveness.
5. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
2. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
3. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
4. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
5. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)