|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Aolians.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Syracusans.
(d) The Trojans.
2. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
3. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
4. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
(a) Demeter mourns for her daughter.
(b) Hera goes away on a trip.
(c) Zeus bans fertility.
(d) Hades conquers earth.
5. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(b) Both can be related to self-denial.
(c) Both involve flowers.
(d) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
3. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
4. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)