|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the ice cone?
(a) Near Mount Shasta.
(b) In Indian Canyon.
(c) The exact location is not known.
(d) At Yosemite Falls.
2. What did John view during his hikes at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) The weather.
(b) Other hikers.
(c) The bears.
(d) The birds.
3. What was replaced on the Yosemite, according to Chapter 10?
(d) Schools of fish.
4. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Pacheco Pass.
(b) Yosemite Falls.
(c) Indian Canyon.
(d) San Diego.
5. In what season did John hike in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did John think his father relocated the family in Chapter 3?
2. How many hours a day did John and his siblings work on the land for their father?
3. What happened to John in Chapter 5 that was the worst he ever experienced?
4. Where was the boat going in Chapter 5 that John took?
5. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did John want to go in Chapter 5? What concerns did he have about it?
2. What did John do in 1869?
3. Why did John hike in the winter? What do you think this particular season offered that was different from warmer weather hikes?
4. Explain John's education, and what he did with his degree.
5. What did the residents of Yosemite Valley think of John?
6. Explain John's eye injury, and what happened afterward.
7. What were John's geographical movements at the beginning of Chapter 6? What work did he do at this time?
8. What did John do in the fall of 1869? What did readers learn about him at the end of Chapter 8?
9. What happened to John when he was finishing the well that needed to be dug on the family's land?
10. What was the winter like in Yosemite Valley? How did the people and animals deal with the weather?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)