|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John take the action he did when he first saw the bear?
(a) To study its gait.
(b) To show it respect.
(c) To get the bear to leave him alone.
(d) To save his own life.
2. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
(a) A frog.
(b) An ant.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cat.
3. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
(a) East Dome.
(b) West Dome.
(c) North Dome.
(d) South Dome.
4. What did John call the risky games he played as a child?
5. In what month was John born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
2. What did John decide to do regarding bears after his second encounter?
3. Where was John born?
4. Who took John to a doctor to attempt to heal his eyes?
5. Where did John go after heading south in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John feel about shepherding? How did he deal with his feelings?
2. Describe the ice cone.
3. How did John feel about city life?
4. What did John do in the fall of 1869? What did readers learn about him at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Who was John's father? What kind of man was he? How do you know?
6. Explain John's bout with a fever in Chapter 5.
7. What two characteristics are common to Scottish children, according to John?
8. What did John do in the days after his first encounter with a bear?
9. What happened to John when he was finishing the well that needed to be dug on the family's land?
10. Where did John want to go in Chapter 5? What concerns did he have about it?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)