|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Tree Ride, Chapter 16, A Perilous Night on Mount Shasta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John react when he spent a summer in the city?
(a) He was inspired to write poetry.
(b) He wanted to leave his parents to make a life for himself.
(c) He felt at home.
(d) He felt like he was wasting away.
2. What did John want to do to the ice cone in Chapter 9?
(a) Sculpt it into something.
(b) Sketch it.
(c) Break it off and take it home.
(d) Climb it.
3. What happened to many people in the colder weather on the Yosemite?
(a) They went to warmer climates.
(b) They built igloos.
(c) They got frostbitten.
(d) They hoarded supplies.
4. What caused the things John wanted to track the origin of in Chapter 12?
(a) A forest fire.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earthquake.
5. What work did John have in the Yosemite Valley?
(c) Building cottages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John decide to do regarding bears after his second encounter?
2. What agreement did John make with the owner of the boat in order to gain passage?
3. What did John decide to climb while he was out in nature in Chapter 15?
4. What did John do when he encountered the bear a second time?
5. What kind of a father was John's father?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)