|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season did John have unsteady work in the Yosemite Valley?
2. Why did John think his father relocated the family in Chapter 3?
(a) To be able to help more missionaries.
(b) To satisfy his wanderlust.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) To be able to grow more food.
3. How did the bear initially react to John?
(a) It sniffed him, then moved on.
(b) It ignored him.
(c) It did not run away.
(d) It chased him.
4. In what month was John born?
5. What caused John to start drifting off to sleep while working for his father?
(a) Venom from a snake.
(b) Carbonic gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two crops did John and his siblings help grow to be sold?
2. How long did John have to wait before the boat started its journey in Chapter 5?
3. Where was the second place John used his talents with machines after earning his degree?
4. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
5. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)