|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once owned John's family home?
(a) A physician.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A judge.
2. What did John do when he encountered the bear a second time?
(a) Played dead.
(b) Ignored it.
(c) Ran at it.
(d) Stared at it.
3. How did John spend the little free time he had?
(a) Studying machines.
(b) Fixing machines.
(c) Taking machines apart.
(d) Inventing machines.
4. Why did John's father sell the crops the family grows?
(a) To buy his way into politics.
(b) To support missionaries.
(c) To support the family.
(d) To build the children's inheritance.
5. In what year does Chapter 2 begin?
(b) Present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
2. Who told the children something frightening about John's family home?
3. What work did John have in the Yosemite Valley?
4. Why did John study local plant and animal life?
5. What was John's father's name?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)