|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to John in Chapter 5 that was the worst he ever experienced?
(a) An argument with his father.
(b) A sickness.
(c) A difficult job.
(d) A fall while climbing.
2. What caused John to start drifting off to sleep while working for his father?
(a) Carbonic gas.
(b) Venom from a snake.
3. What was on the boat John took in Chapter 5?
4. Why did John take the action he did when he first saw the bear?
(a) To get the bear to leave him alone.
(b) To study its gait.
(c) To show it respect.
(d) To save his own life.
5. According to a proprietor, what type of boat could help John with his passage?
(a) A freighter.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A luxury liner.
(d) A Naval vessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was John given to recover after he nearly drifted off to sleep working for his father?
2. What kind of a father was John's father?
3. Where was the second place John used his talents with machines after earning his degree?
4. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
5. What kind of life did John say was unnatural?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)