|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the boat John took in Chapter 5?
2. Where did John's father take the family in Chapter 2?
3. Where did John go after the Sierra Nevada?
(a) Mount Shasta.
(b) Yosemite Valley.
(c) Indian Canyon.
(d) Pacheco Pass.
4. How many hours a day did John and his siblings work on the land for their father?
5. What work did John take in Chapter 6?
(a) Cattle wrangler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John go after his arrival at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Why did John think his father relocated the family in Chapter 3?
3. Where was the second place John used his talents with machines after earning his degree?
4. What did John travel to the top of a few days after his first encounter with the bear?
5. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)