|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Fever!, Chapter 6, The Brink of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John's father sell the crops the family grows?
(a) To support missionaries.
(b) To buy his way into politics.
(c) To build the children's inheritance.
(d) To support the family.
2. Why did John think his father relocated the family in Chapter 3?
(a) To be able to grow more food.
(b) To satisfy his wanderlust.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) To be able to help more missionaries.
3. From where did John earn a degree?
(a) Boston College.
(b) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of California.
4. What kind of life did John say was unnatural?
(a) Monastic life.
(b) City life.
(c) Farm life.
5. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the children discover about John's family home?
2. How long was John given to recover after he nearly drifted off to sleep working for his father?
3. Where did John go after heading south in Chapter 5?
4. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
5. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)