|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Fever!, Chapter 6, The Brink of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) His job transfers him to a new state.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) The soil is poor where they are.
(d) He's tired of the area.
2. How many hours a day did John and his siblings work on the land for their father?
3. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
(a) June, 1899.
(b) January, 1863.
(c) October, 1867.
(d) March, 1867.
4. What caused John to start drifting off to sleep while working for his father?
(a) Carbonic gas.
(d) Venom from a snake.
5. How old was John when his family relocated in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the boat going in Chapter 5 that John took?
2. Who once owned John's family home?
3. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
4. What did John call the risky games he played as a child?
5. What happened to John in Chapter 5 that was the worst he ever experienced?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)