|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, At the Bottom of the Well, Chapter 4, Blind!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John react when he spent a summer in the city?
(a) He felt at home.
(b) He wanted to leave his parents to make a life for himself.
(c) He felt like he was wasting away.
(d) He was inspired to write poetry.
2. What was John in charge of finishing on the new land?
(a) A root cellar.
(b) A corral.
(c) A barn.
(d) A well.
3. Where did John first use his talents with machines after earning his degree?
(b) New York.
4. Where did John's father take the family in Chapter 2?
5. How many hours a day did John and his siblings work on the land for their father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
2. How long was John given to recover after he nearly drifted off to sleep working for his father?
3. In what city did John earn a degree?
4. How old was John when his family relocated in Chapter 3?
5. Where was John born?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)