|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John want to see at the Sierra Nevada?
(a) The peaks.
(b) The valleys.
(c) The waterfalls.
(d) The lights.
2. According to Chapter 4, when did John have free time?
(a) Before dawn.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) After dusk.
(d) During lunch.
3. Where did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) Key West.
(b) Hickory Hill.
(c) Old Dunbar Castle.
(d) Fountain Lake.
4. In what year did John have unsteady work in the Yosemite Valley?
(a) The exact year is not known.
5. How long did the family of the boat's owner have to take care of John when he became sick?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was John born?
2. How did the bear react when John encountered it a second time?
3. What animal did John's father encourage him to imitate?
4. What did the children discover about John's family home?
5. After John's second encounter with the bear, how did bears generally treat him?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)