|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did John have in the Yosemite Valley?
(c) Building cottages.
2. What kind of a father was John's father?
3. How long did John explore the Sierra Nevada, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
4. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He's tired of the area.
(c) His job transfers him to a new state.
(d) The soil is poor where they are.
5. What was the year at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a day did John and his siblings work on the land for their father?
2. Why did John think his father relocated the family in Chapter 3?
3. Who once owned John's family home?
4. What two crops did John and his siblings help grow to be sold?
5. What concerned John about his destination in Chapter 5?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)