|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did John have to wait before the boat started its journey in Chapter 5?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Six weeks.
2. How did John and the bear react in their first encounter?
(a) Both tried to be dominant.
(b) They ignored each other.
(c) Both were angered.
(d) Both were frightened.
3. In what year did John have unsteady work in the Yosemite Valley?
(d) The exact year is not known.
4. What was one of John's favorite playgrounds?
(a) Fountain Lake.
(b) Old Dunbar Castle.
(c) Lake Econlockhatchee.
(d) Hickory Hill.
5. Where did John arrive at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the boat's owner whom John talked to about his passage?
2. Where did John's father take the family in Chapter 2?
3. Why did John's father move the family in Chapter 3?
4. What was John in charge of finishing on the new land?
5. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)