|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, An Interview with a Bear, Chapter 8, In the Midst of the Yosemite Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John do when he first saw the bear?
(a) Rushed at it.
(b) Played dead.
(c) Ignored it.
(d) Ran from it.
2. From where did John earn a degree?
(a) Boston College.
(b) University of California.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
3. How long did John explore the Sierra Nevada, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six months.
4. In what year was John born?
5. How did John and the bear react in their first encounter?
(a) Both tried to be dominant.
(b) Both were frightened.
(c) Both were angered.
(d) They ignored each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, when did John's father relocate the family?
2. In what city did John earn a degree?
3. Where did John's father take the family in Chapter 2?
4. When did John have an accident that led him to commit to wilderness life?
5. What did John call the risky games he played as a child?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)