|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cynthia's husband buy from Gerry?
2. For what does Joe chastise for?
(a) Shooting the wrong guy.
(b) Putting women before work.
(c) Buying bad coffee.
(d) Keeping information from him.
3. What does Spenser claim to be when visiting Gerry's clients?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A surveyor.
(c) A government agent.
(d) A policeman.
4. What is the name of Spenser's friend who arrives as Quirk leaves?
5. What does Spenser say he marvels at at the end of the section?
(a) Susan's beauty.
(b) His love for Susan.
(c) Susan's love.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Susan and Spenser drink with their hamburgers?
2. What does Spenser reserve with his last phone call?
3. What does Spenser show Cynthia?
4. Who does Spenser go out to see that evening?
5. Where does Spenser drive the thugs' car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe Broz react to the news about his son's activities in this section?
2. What insight does Susan make about the case?
3. Why does Spenser sympathize with the women he photographs in Gerry's bedroom?
4. What realization does Spenser come to about Susan while he is out on his run?
5. What phone calls does Spenser make at the beginning of this section?
6. How does Spenser show his sensitivity when dealing with Cynthia?
7. What does Spenser say about his relationship with Susan at the end of the novel?
8. How does Spenser persuade Cynthia Knox to talk to him?
9. What does Spenser observe while spying on Gerry Broz?
10. What realization does Susan come to about relationships at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)