|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser accuse Linda of participating in?
(a) An orgy.
(b) A shoot out.
(c) A drug game.
(d) A theft.
2. What does Gerry have installed in his bedroom and bathroom?
(a) A two-way mirror.
(b) A one-way mirror.
(c) A periscope.
(d) A telescope.
3. What does Spenser crash into on his way to the hospital?
(a) A church.
(b) A statue.
(c) A wall.
(d) A roadside partition.
4. What exercise does Spenser take in Chapter 29?
(a) A row.
(b) A squash game.
(c) A jog.
(d) A tennis game.
5. How do the two young girls look when they exit Broz' apartment?
(d) Loved up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser have to talk to instead of Quirk?
2. What does Spenser call his parties?
3. What does Spenser say he admires about Susan as she shops?
4. What does Spenser ask Joe to do?
5. Who do Paul and Spenser talk about after Paige retires to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser try to help Cynthia in this section?
2. What agreement do the men come to at the meeting in Chapter 32?
3. How does Spenser show his sensitivity when dealing with Cynthia?
4. What realization does Susan come to about relationships at the beginning of this section?
5. What does Spenser say he admires about Susan in this section?
6. Why does Spenser sympathize with the women he photographs in Gerry's bedroom?
7. What does Browne make Spenser realize about Joe Broz in Chapter 26?
8. Why does Broz say he attacked Spenser?
9. What does Spenser say about his relationship with Susan at the end of the novel?
10. How does Spenser defeat Broz' men in this section?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)