|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jaxom's second visitor as he recovers at the cove?
2. How many eggs did Caylith have in her first clutch?
3. Who is the Lord of Ista?
(a) Lord Faroguy.
(b) Lord Warbret.
(c) Lord Asgenar.
(d) Lord Langrell.
4. Why was Piemur sent to survey Pern rather than staying in the Harper hall?
(a) He asked to be sent there.
(b) His voice changed.
(c) He was causing trouble in the Harper hall.
(d) He and Sebell did not get along.
5. What is the first thing that Jaxom is given to drink using a reed?
(b) Meat broth.
(d) Fruit juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fire-lizards does Mirrim have?
2. Where does Sebell suggest the dragonriders take land to occupy in Southern?
3. How has Ruth been eating while Jaxom has been sick?
4. Which of Menolly's fire-lizards accompanies Jaxom when he goes to find D'ram?
5. How long has it taken to complete the surveys for the maps that Sebell shows F'lar and Lessa in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jaxom worried about Ruth's maturity?
2. What does Robinton hear as he struggles with the pain in his chest?
3. What does Sharra think of the building design for the Master Harper that is to be built in the Southern Cove?
4. What are the Dawn Sisters?
5. Who brings dragons at the last minute to the rising of Caylith at Ista?
6. How does Menolly know that there are fire-lizards in the South?
7. Why does N'ton say that Jaxom owes his life to Ruth?
8. Why is Mirrim touchy when she and Menolly bring Jaxom breakfast the day after he locates D'ram?
9. What unusual features of the Southern Continent has Piemur seen and experienced?
10. What does Ruth tell Jaxom when he asks him if he would like to fly Path?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)