|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days was Jaxom sick with a fever?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. Who brings Jaxom breakfast the day after he locates D'ram?
(a) Mirrim and Menolly.
3. Who made the Harper's special chair at Cove Hold?
4. Who is Jaxom's second visitor as he recovers at the cove?
5. How long do Jaxom and Ruth fight Thread their first time?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Piemur sent to survey Pern rather than staying in the Harper hall?
2. Who copied every single Traditional song and ballad and bound them in blue wherhide for the Harper at Cove Hold?
3. Who should have gotten Menolly's fire-lizard Poll?
4. From where do Menolly and Jaxom begin their trip to the cove on the Southern Continent?
5. What dragon dies when Caylith rises at Ista?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who brings dragons at the last minute to the rising of Caylith at Ista?
2. What does Ruth tell Jaxom when he asks him if he would like to fly Path?
3. How does Jaxom feel about Sharra?
4. What do Piemur, Jaxom, and Sharra dream about the night they found the fire-lizard clutch?
5. What other types of camps are being built on the Southern Continent?
6. What will D'ram need if he is to become Weyrleader at the weyr in Southern?
7. Why is the watchdragon angry when Menolly and Jaxom go to Benden Weyr to tell them they have found D'ram?
8. What unusual features of the Southern Continent has Piemur seen and experienced?
9. Why at the beginning of Chapter 13, does Ruth wonder if Jaxom feels better?
10. How does Menolly know that there are fire-lizards in the South?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)