|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Stephen begrudgingly discovers from Violet Antrim, what character is suspected of having romantic relations with Angela?
(a) Williams the old groom.
(b) Martin Hallum.
(c) Roger Antrim.
(d) Colonel Antrim.
2. What hobby of Stephen is particularly targeted by the gossiping circles?
(d) Horse riding.
3. During her attendance at Lady Anna's social events, what term can best describe Stephen's behavior?
(c) Stephen refused to attend any of her mother's social events.
4. After Sir Phillip's death, who retires to a cottage on Morton property?
(a) Collins the housemaid.
(b) Colonel Antrim.
(c) Williams the head groom.
(d) Miss Puddleton.
5. With her new pet, what does Stephen demand of herself?
(a) She ride it like a man would.
(b) She will work to become the fastest horse racer in the world.
(c) The animal will be her responsibility; not the servents.
(d) She be as strong as the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
2. What ailment does Collins suffer with?
3. What does Sir Phillip hope to say to his wife after his accident?
4. On the way home from from Cornwall, what does Stephen purchase for Angela?
5. How many children does Colonel Antrim have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the neighborhood's reaction to the news that Martin's relationship with Stephen has ended?
2. How does Ralph Crossby react after reading Stephen's letter to his wife, Angela?
3. How does Sir Phillip die?
4. How does Angela react to the emotional letter Stephen sends to her after their broken date in the park?
5. Where do Stephen and Angela share their first date?
6. How does Sir Phillip react when he learns that his wife is expecting their first child?
7. How does Collins feel about Stephen when Stephen is a young child?
8. What is the direct result of Violet Antrim's gossip on Stephen's checkbook?
9. What type of relationship does young Stephen have with the family housemaid, Collins?
10. What event ends the relationship between Martin and Stephen?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)