|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character could be considered as the "third leg" in Stephen and Angela's love triangle?
(a) Roger Antrim.
(b) Williams, the old groom.
(c) Miss Puddleton.
(d) Ralph Crossby.
2. As the marital tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip worsens, what key piece information is left out in their arguments?
(a) Sir Phillip's frustration with Lady Anna's intolerance.
(b) Lady Anna's desire for Stephen to marry Martin.
(c) Sir Phillip's knowledge of Stephen's sexuality.
(d) Lady Anna's knowledge of Collins the housemaid's true fate.
3. As Stephen grows older, what activity do her and Sir Phillip share together?
(a) Target shooting.
(b) Racing horses.
(d) Grooming horses.
4. When Lady Anna catches wind of her daughter's suspected relationship with Angela, were does she confront Stephen?
(a) In Stephen's bedroom.
(b) In the study.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the gardenhouse.
5. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
(a) Lady Anna.
(b) Colonel Antrim.
(c) Violet Antrim.
(d) Sir Phillip.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the friendship progresses, Martin confesses his love for Stephen and his desire for mutual affection. What is Stephen's reaction to this revelation?
2. What action does Lady Anna take after noticing her daughter's behavior towards the housemaid, Collins?
3. What is the likely reason Lady Anna feels left out of Sir Phillip and Stephen's discussions?
4. Stephen and Martin gradually become close friends. What is the most possible explanation for this?
5. What is Angela's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephen discover when Angela cuts one of their dates in the park short, claiming to have a headache?
2. What event causes Stephen to explode in anger at Collins?
3. How does Ralph Crossby react after reading Stephen's letter to his wife, Angela?
4. How does Puddle feel about Stephen's tumultuous relationship with Angela?
5. How does Sir Phillip react when he learns that his wife is expecting their first child?
6. What is Lady Anna's reaction when she realizes the truth about Stephen's relationship with Angela?
7. Where does Stephen meet Angela Crossby?
8. Where do Stephen and Angela share their first kiss?
9. What is the neighborhood's reaction to the news that Martin's relationship with Stephen has ended?
10. Which of Stephen's hobbies cause tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)