|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
(a) A spiral of depression and confusion.
(b) A renewed interest in connecting with others.
(c) A path of self-exploration.
(d) Deep resentment toward her family and others. Avoidance at all costs.
2. How does Angela respond to Stephen's distressing actions after Violet Antrim's revelations concerning Angela's love life come to the surface?
(a) She asks Stephen to wait patiently for her to make up her mind.
(b) She bursts into tears and begs for forgiveness.
(c) She virtually ignores Stephen.
(d) She breaks up with Stephen.
3. What is the first name of Angela's husband?
4. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
(a) Nervous for the child's safety.
(b) Confident the child will be male.
(c) Confident the child will be female.
(d) Indifferent to the child's gender.
5. During the love triangle, what is causing Stephen's misery?
(a) Stephen is convinced she is losing Angela.
(b) Stephen's mother, Lady Anna, has moved out of Morton.
(c) Angela's pet dog, Tony, dies.
(d) Stephen's horse, Collins, dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Martin confesses his love for Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's answer?
2. At the time of Stephen's birth, how long had Sir Phillip and Lady Anna been married?
3. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
4. As Stephen begrudgingly discovers from Violet Antrim, what character is suspected of having romantic relations with Angela?
5. What is the name of Violet's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sir Phillip attempt to comfort Stephen after her fight with Collins?
2. Why doesn't Stephen like to spend time with the Antrim children?
3. What does Stephen name her second horse?
4. What is Stephen's reaction to the news of her father's death?
5. Where does Stephen meet Angela Crossby?
6. What relieves the tension in the Morton household around Christmastime when Stephen is eighteen years old?
7. What is the direct result of Violet Antrim's gossip on Stephen's checkbook?
8. After his accident, why doesn't Sir Phillip want to take any medication?
9. How does Roger Antrim affect Stephen's relationship with Angela?
10. Which of Stephen's hobbies cause tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)