|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to protect herself from possible accusations of infidelity, how does Angela explain her relationship with Stephen?
(a) Her attempt to reform a troubled Stephen went "too far."
(b) They were true romantic partners and lovers.
(c) Stephen was obsessed with her.
(d) They were only good friends, never romantic.
2. How does Angela respond to Stephen's distressing actions after Violet Antrim's revelations concerning Angela's love life come to the surface?
(a) She virtually ignores Stephen.
(b) She breaks up with Stephen.
(c) She bursts into tears and begs for forgiveness.
(d) She asks Stephen to wait patiently for her to make up her mind.
3. For what day of the week does Stephen plan her second visit with Angela?
4. What action does Lady Anna take after noticing her daughter's behavior towards the housemaid, Collins?
(a) Ignores the behavior and goes about her day.
(b) Takes Stephen shopping.
(c) Slaps Stephen across the face.
(d) Lovingly embraces Stephen.
5. Who is the first person Stephen visits upon returning tto Morton from Cornwall?
(a) Williams the old groom.
(c) Miss Puddleton.
(d) Roger Antrim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Anna's and Stephen's favorite activity together?
2. Which of the following did Lady Anna shout once Stephen admits to falling in love with Angela?
3. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
4. What characteristic trait best illustrates Angela's personality during her tea meeting with Stephen?
5. Who replaces Sir Phillip as the strongest supporter of Stephen's education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What family history does Angela reveal to Stephen upon returning home to The Grange from her vacation with her husband?
2. How does Angela react to the emotional letter Stephen sends to her after their broken date in the park?
3. Why doesn't Stephen like to spend time with the Antrim children?
4. What gossip does Violet Antrim bring to Stephen immediately upon her return home from Cornwall?
5. How does Sir Phillip die?
6. Why is Mademoiselle Duphot released from her services at Morton?
7. What event causes Stephen to explode in anger at Collins?
8. Which of Stephen's hobbies cause tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip?
9. What event ends the relationship between Martin and Stephen?
10. How does Puddle feel about Stephen's tumultuous relationship with Angela?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)