|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephen witness Angela kissing another lover?
(a) At her door.
(b) On her roof.
(c) In her kitchen.
(d) In her garden.
2. What name does Stephen give her new horse?
3. Much to the chagrin of the head groom Williams, Sir Phillip purchases what luxury?
(a) Sail Boat.
(c) Gantling gun.
(d) Motor car.
4. Who replaces Sir Phillip as the strongest supporter of Stephen's education?
(a) Miss Puddelton.
(b) Lady Anna.
(d) Williams the head groom.
5. During this time Stephen receives another new horse. What does she name it?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Stephen grows older and expands her athletic and academic interests, how can her relationship with Lady Anna best be illustrated?
2. What is the result of Sir Phillip's injuries?
3. When Angela failed to make enough money, what other option did she pursue?
4. Although Stephen professes to hate her studies, she reveals to her instructors an exceptional talent in which field?
5. What is the first name of Angela's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the direct result of Violet Antrim's gossip on Stephen's checkbook?
2. Why is Mademoiselle Duphot released from her services at Morton?
3. What is the first real cause of tension in the relationship between Stephen and Angela?
4. What milestone does Lady Anna hope Stephen will meet by the time she is seventeen years old?
5. How does Stephen enjoy her vacation in Cornwall with her mother?
6. Where does Stephen meet Angela Crossby?
7. How does Sir Phillip attempt to comfort Stephen after her fight with Collins?
8. Why does Lady Anna feel cut out of many of Sir Phillip's conversations with Stephen?
9. What is Lady Anna's reaction when she realizes the truth about Stephen's relationship with Angela?
10. Where do Stephen and Angela share their first date?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)