|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Mary befriends in Italy?
(a) Lady Cameron.
(b) Lady Gregory.
(c) Lady Massey.
(d) Lady Bourgeois.
2. What activity do Jamie and Barbara pursue during their party with French African friends from school?
(a) Cooking tradtional Creole food.
(b) Hide and seek.
(c) Singing slave spirituals.
(d) Rythmic dancing.
3. Why is Stephen depressed after the wedding reception?
(a) Because Stephen discovers she has lost astounding amounts of money after financing the wedding.
(b) Because the wedding showed Stephen what she will never experince with Mary.
(c) Because Mary falls mysteriously ill.
(d) Because her mother, Lady Anna, passes away.
4. Which character is most negatively affected by Jamie and Barbara's deaths?
(a) Valerie Seymour.
(b) Jonathan Brockett.
5. During Stephen's brave rescues in the heat of battle, what part of Stephen's body is injured?
(a) Her ear.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her shoulder.
6. After returning home from vacation, why is Stephen upset at her mother's request to visit her at Morton?
(a) Because Lady Anna criticized Stephen's novels.
(b) Because Lady Anna sold Sir Phillip's possessions.
(c) Because Lady Anna failed to invite Mary.
(d) Because Lady Anna has defied Stephen's request to not write her.
7. On one of Stephen's occasional visits to Morton, what important news does she learn?
(a) That Lady Anna is dying of cancer.
(b) That Raftery has grown sick and lame.
(c) That the Crossbys have moved back to America.
(d) That Williams, the old groom now works for the Antrims.
8. What would accurately describe Stephen's response toward Mary's confessions of love and attraction?
(a) She is concerned that Mary lacks the comprehension of her decisions.
(b) She laughs at Mary's confession, telling her she'll never understand true love.
(c) She is disgusted and terrified by Mary's confession.
(d) She jumps at the opportunity to express her mutual love for Mary.
9. When showing Stephen around Paris, what does Jonathan primarily focus on revealing to her?
(a) Homosexual cultures and objects.
(b) Libraries with extensive book collections.
(c) Fencing arenas and clubs.
(d) Wineries and vineyards.
10. After touring places throughout Paris, what is Stephen's reaction to Jonathan's intentions?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is embarrased.
(c) She is overjoyed.
(d) She is outraged.
11. In an attempt to relieve Barbara's condition, what does Stephen offer to Jamie and Barbara, only to be refused?
(b) Money to pay for Barbara's medical bills.
(c) Two bottles of whiskey and a bag of tobacco.
(d) Money to pay for Jamie and Barbara's dream car.
12. After the wedding, where do Stephen, Mary, Jamie, and Barbara go on holiday?
(a) London, England.
(b) Saint Malo, France.
(c) Orotava, Spain.
(d) Houlgate, France.
13. After returning home to Paris from their vacation, what does Stephen purchase in order to show Mary around Paris?
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) An airplane.
(c) Two new cars.
(d) Two new bicycles.
14. After Stephen receives her military decoration, what does Mary beg her not to do?
(a) Send her away.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Leave France.
(d) Continue her militray career.
15. After leaving the military, where do Stephen and Mary eventually decide to vacation together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely reason Stephen occasionally travels back to Morton after moving to Paris?
2. What written request does Stephen leave for Lady Anna before her travels abroad with Jonathan?
3. What is Jonathan Brockett's occupation?
4. When war breaks throughout Europe, what military position does an energetic and patriotic Stephen join?
5. After Martin's arrival to Paris, why do Stephen and Mary experience increasing tension in their relationship?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)