|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is secretly watching the drama unfold between Angela and Stephen, but out of fear, chooses not to offer advice and remain silent?
(a) Miss Puddleton.
(b) Williams the head groom.
(c) Violet Antrim.
(d) Lady Anna.
2. After her heartbreaking discovery in Angela's garden, what does Stephen do as a consequence?
(a) She drives all night through the countryside.
(b) She walks back to Morton, leaving her car near Angela's home.
(c) She bursts through the bushes, screaming at Angela.
(d) She passes out in the bushes while spying on Angela.
3. What is the name of Violet's brother?
4. Which of the following best describes Jonathan's friend, Valerie Seymour?
(a) She is heterosexual.
(b) She is a skilled dancer.
(c) All of the above.
(d) She is a wealthy Englishwoman.
5. What is Lady Anna's and Stephen's favorite activity together?
(b) Taking walks through the garden.
(c) Horseback riding.
(d) No activity, as Lady Anna is largely unresponsive to Stephen's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Stephen's attitude before and during her second visit over tea with Angela?
2. How does Stephen react when Angela has to cancel their afternoon together?
3. What name does Stephen give her new horse?
4. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
5. What was the result of Lady Anna's feeling of exclusion in her marriage with Sir Phillip?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)