|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 20-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
(a) A spiral of depression and confusion.
(b) Deep resentment toward her family and others. Avoidance at all costs.
(c) A path of self-exploration.
(d) A renewed interest in connecting with others.
2. Which of the following best describes Stephen's attitude before and during her second visit over tea with Angela?
3. At the time of Stephen's birth, how long had Sir Phillip and Lady Anna been married?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. How does Stephen respond upon seeing Collins' love encounter with the male servant?
(b) Quickly tells Lady Anna of her discovery.
(c) Rage and aggression.
(d) Quietly watches with curiousity.
5. How does Sir Phillip's accident occur?
(a) He crashes his motor car.
(b) He falls off his horse while hunting.
(c) A flower pot falls on him.
(d) A tree limb falls on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely reason Lady Anna feels left out of Sir Phillip and Stephen's discussions?
2. Sir Phillip's wish that Stephen succeeds academically can be explained by his concern of what?
3. Stephen and Martin gradually become close friends. What is the most possible explanation for this?
4. How does Angela respond to Stephen's distressing actions after Violet Antrim's revelations concerning Angela's love life come to the surface?
5. After Mademoiselle Duphot's arrival, Stephen is intrigued by what pastime hobby?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)