|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Violet's brother?
2. What is the likely reason Lady Anna feels left out of Sir Phillip and Stephen's discussions?
(a) Lady Anna is afraid of what she might learn.
(b) Stephen stops talking when Lady Anna enters the room.
(c) Lady Anna is not highly educated.
(d) Sir Phillip intentionally keeps her out.
3. How does Stephen respond upon seeing Collins' love encounter with the male servant?
(a) Quickly tells Lady Anna of her discovery.
(b) Rage and aggression.
(c) Quietly watches with curiousity.
4. Amid the lingering gossip and rumors about Stephen circulating throughout the community, what character staunchly defends the bullied girl?
(a) Martin Hallam.
(b) Miss Puddleton.
(c) Colonel Antrim.
(d) Sir Phillip.
5. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
(a) A tutor.
(b) An "acceptable" gown.
(c) A job.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the marital tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip worsens, what key piece information is left out in their arguments?
2. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
3. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
4. How does Stephen react when learning of Collin's disorder?
5. After Martin confesses his love for Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's answer?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)