|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephen see Collins and a male servant kiss?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) In the garden shed.
2. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
(a) Colonel Antrim.
(b) Lady Anna.
(c) Sir Phillip.
(d) Violet Antrim.
3. Although Stephen professes to hate her studies, she reveals to her instructors an exceptional talent in which field?
4. During this time Stephen receives another new horse. What does she name it?
5. After observing his daughter's behavior toward the housemaid Collins, Sir Phillip undertakes what endeavor?
(a) Teaches Stephen how to shoot a rifle.
(b) Takes Stephen for long, daily walks.
(c) Reads books about Stephens possible condition.
(d) Lectures Stephen on the impolitness of spying on others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Phillip have an opportunity to express, yet failed to deliver when approached by Stephen?
2. What character is considered to have entered at a critical moment in Stephen's life with a much needed female presence, professing that Stephen be proud of herself and her accomplishments?
3. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
4. As Sir Phillip and Stephen share their discussions, Lady Anna often feels left out. What is Sir Phillip's response towards his wife's displeasure?
5. Sir Phillip, uncomfortable with his daughter's tutor, replaces Mademoiselle Duphot with whom?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)