|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her attendance at Lady Anna's social events, what term can best describe Stephen's behavior?
(c) Stephen refused to attend any of her mother's social events.
2. Sir Phillip desires Stephen attend which university?
(d) St. Andrews.
3. How does Stephen react when learning of Collin's disorder?
(a) Gossiped with Lady Anna.
(b) Wrote the family doctor for help.
(c) Prayed that God would afflict her instead.
(d) Avoided Collins out of fear.
4. During the Gordon family's Christmas rituals, what two characters' relational tension hang over the festivities?
(a) Stephen and Sir Phillip.
(b) Stephen and Lady Anna.
(c) Sir Phillip and Lady Anna.
(d) Lady Anna and Colonel Antrim.
5. As the marital tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip worsens, what key piece information is left out in their arguments?
(a) Lady Anna's desire for Stephen to marry Martin.
(b) Sir Phillip's knowledge of Stephen's sexuality.
(c) Lady Anna's knowledge of Collins the housemaid's true fate.
(d) Sir Phillip's frustration with Lady Anna's intolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
2. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
3. After Martin confesses his love for Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's answer?
4. After witnessing her daughter and husband in the fields together, what accusation does Lady Anna make of Sir Phillip?
5. What is the result of Sir Phillip's injuries?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)