|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen respond upon seeing Collins' love encounter with the male servant?
(a) Rage and aggression.
(b) Quickly tells Lady Anna of her discovery.
(d) Quietly watches with curiousity.
2. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
(a) Colonel Antrim.
(b) Lady Anna.
(c) Violet Antrim.
(d) Sir Phillip.
3. Sir Phillip desires Stephen attend which university?
(d) St. Andrews.
4. As Stephen grows older and expands her athletic and academic interests, how can her relationship with Lady Anna best be illustrated?
(a) Misunderstanding, but real love and concern nonetheless.
(b) An ever-increasing distance and misunderstanding.
(c) An ever-increasing closeness and understanding.
(d) Good friends, but never real love and concern.
5. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
(a) A job.
(b) A husband.
(c) An "acceptable" gown.
(d) A tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephen and Martin gradually become close friends. What is the most possible explanation for this?
2. After Martin confesses his love for Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's answer?
3. What character can be most reasonably inferred to truly understand Stephen's sexuality?
4. After observing his daughter's behavior toward the housemaid Collins, Sir Phillip undertakes what endeavor?
5. As the marital tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip worsens, what key piece information is left out in their arguments?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)