|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Sir Phillip's injuries?
(a) A broken neck commits him to bed for recovery.
(b) An allergic reaction triggered by pollen.
(c) An infection quicky spreads. He slips into a coma and dies.
(d) The damage is too severe, and he eventually dies.
2. How many children do Sir Phillip and Lady Anna ultimately have together?
3. What characteristic traits do Stephen's parents notice in her, even at a young age?
(a) Masculine and withdrawn.
(b) Masculine and precocious.
(c) Feminine and withdrawn.
(d) Feminine and precocious.
4. Stephen and her father spend hours together in his study. What do they prefer to discuss?
5. After Mademoiselle Duphot's arrival, Stephen is intrigued by what pastime hobby?
(b) French cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Martin confesses his love for Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's answer?
2. Where does Stephen see Collins and a male servant kiss?
3. What character can be most reasonably inferred to truly understand Stephen's sexuality?
4. As Stephen grows older and expands her athletic and academic interests, how can her relationship with Lady Anna best be illustrated?
5. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)