|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
(a) Hatred and disgust.
(b) Love and obsession.
(c) Curious and fearful.
(d) Simple friendship.
2. At the time of Stephen's birth, how long had Sir Phillip and Lady Anna been married?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. What characteristic traits do Stephen's parents notice in her, even at a young age?
(a) Masculine and precocious.
(b) Masculine and withdrawn.
(c) Feminine and precocious.
(d) Feminine and withdrawn.
4. What was the result of Lady Anna's feeling of exclusion in her marriage with Sir Phillip?
(a) Still strong and happy as it always had been.
(b) A close bond between them finally appears after years of unhappy marriage.
(c) Resentment begins to grow in their once happy marriage.
(d) Just another example of their unhappy and dysfunctional marriage.
5. How does Stephen respond upon seeing Collins' love encounter with the male servant?
(a) Quickly tells Lady Anna of her discovery.
(b) Rage and aggression.
(c) Quietly watches with curiousity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Phillip, uncomfortable with his daughter's tutor, replaces Mademoiselle Duphot with whom?
2. What is the likely reason Lady Anna feels left out of Sir Phillip and Stephen's discussions?
3. What ailment does Collins suffer with?
4. What characteristic traits can best describe Stephen's tutor, Mademoiselle Duphot, as their relationship develops?
5. As Stephen grows older, what activity do her and Sir Phillip share together?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)