|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Stephen publishes her second work, where does Jonathan suggest Stephen travel abroad to?
(a) New York.
2. What did Sir Phillip have an opportunity to express, yet failed to deliver when approached by Stephen?
(a) Stephen's utter hopelessness to connect with others.
(b) The details concerning Stephen's inhertance listed in his will.
(c) Stephen's true nature and sexuality.
(d) His information on the secret location of Martin Hallam.
3. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
(a) A husband.
(b) An "acceptable" gown.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A job.
4. After Sir Phillip's death, who retires to a cottage on Morton property?
(a) Colonel Antrim.
(b) Miss Puddleton.
(c) Williams the head groom.
(d) Collins the housemaid.
5. What characteristic traits can best describe Stephen's tutor, Mademoiselle Duphot, as their relationship develops?
(a) Critical and manipulative.
(b) Compassionate and supportive.
(c) Stern and unemotional.
(d) Fun and unprofessional.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephen's friend Mary have family?
2. When Lady Anna catches wind of her daughter's suspected relationship with Angela, were does she confront Stephen?
3. What U.S war did Angela's family participate in and subsequently cause Angela to flee to New York?
4. What is the ethnicity of the family employed to cook and clean for Stephen in her new home in Paris?
5. During Stephen's brave rescues in the heat of battle, what part of Stephen's body is injured?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)