|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is secretly watching the drama unfold between Angela and Stephen, but out of fear, chooses not to offer advice and remain silent?
(a) Violet Antrim.
(b) Miss Puddleton.
(c) Williams the head groom.
(d) Lady Anna.
2. What is the name of Violet's brother?
3. Why does Stephen take young women, such as Mary, "under her wing" during military operations?
(a) Because she is commanded to do so by her military superiors.
(b) So she can protect herself by making the women drive in the most dangerous conditions.
(c) Because she hopes to find a romantic partner in the young women.
(d) To train and protect these women.
4. While Stephen takes in the sights and cultures of Paris life, she begins fencing again. What is the name of her instructor?
5. After touring places throughout Paris, what is Stephen's reaction to Jonathan's intentions?
(a) She is overjoyed.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is embarrased.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Stephen receives her military decoration, what does Mary beg her not to do?
2. During the Gordon family's Christmas rituals, what two characters' relational tension hang over the festivities?
3. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
4. After returning home to Paris from their vacation, what does Stephen purchase in order to show Mary around Paris?
5. After hearing rumors of Angela's love life, what action does Stephen take in a desperate attempt to impress Angela?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)