|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Stephen visits upon returning tto Morton from Cornwall?
(b) Roger Antrim.
(c) Williams the old groom.
(d) Miss Puddleton.
2. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A husband.
(c) An "acceptable" gown.
(d) A job.
3. During Stephen's brave rescues in the heat of battle, what part of Stephen's body is injured?
(a) Her ear.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her shoulder.
4. On the way home from from Cornwall, what does Stephen purchase for Angela?
(a) Diamond necklace.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) Pearl necklace.
(d) Pearl ring.
5. What reason does Angela give as to why she is struggling to accept her relationship with Stephen?
(a) Because she fears Stephen doesn't feel the same way about her.
(b) Because she is not interested in a homosexual relationship.
(c) Because she is fearful Stephen cannont provide the stability and security she desperatly needs.
(d) Because she is afriad her husband will beat her or worse for trying to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the aid of the distressed Angela and her explanation for Stephen's emotional behavior by writing a letter to the Morton residence?
2. What character is secretly watching the drama unfold between Angela and Stephen, but out of fear, chooses not to offer advice and remain silent?
3. Although Stephen professes to hate her studies, she reveals to her instructors an exceptional talent in which field?
4. Which of the following best describes Angela's attitude toward Stephen while both women are away from London?
5. What nationality is Angela's husband?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)