|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Phillip hope to say to his wife after his accident?
(a) That she help and support Stephen.
(b) There was no last wishes as Sir Phillip died before he could speak.
(c) That she leave Stephen alone.
(d) That she accept Stephen's true sexuality.
2. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
(a) Love and obsession.
(b) Curious and fearful.
(c) Hatred and disgust.
(d) Simple friendship.
3. After witnessing her daughter and husband in the fields together, what accusation does Lady Anna make of Sir Phillip?
(a) Ignoring his daughter's problems.
(b) Treating Stephen too much like a boy.
(c) Buying too lavishly for Stephen.
(d) Having feelings toward Collins the housemaid.
4. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
(a) Nervous for the child's safety.
(b) Confident the child will be female.
(c) Indifferent to the child's gender.
(d) Confident the child will be male.
5. What is the name of Violet's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Stephen professes to hate her studies, she reveals to her instructors an exceptional talent in which field?
2. After Sir Phillip's death, who retires to a cottage on Morton property?
3. What characteristic traits do Stephen's parents notice in her, even at a young age?
4. What name does Angela designate for her home?
5. What characteristic(s) can best describe the Antrim girl, Violet?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)