|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Phillip, uncomfortable with his daughter's tutor, replaces Mademoiselle Duphot with whom?
(a) Miss Puddleton.
(b) Monsieur Truffet.
(c) Miss Antrim.
(d) Mademoiselle Duphot was not replaced.
2. After Mademoiselle Duphot's arrival, Stephen is intrigued by what pastime hobby?
(a) French cooking.
3. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
(a) A renewed interest in connecting with others.
(b) A path of self-exploration.
(c) A spiral of depression and confusion.
(d) Deep resentment toward her family and others. Avoidance at all costs.
4. What is Lady Anna's and Stephen's favorite activity together?
(a) No activity, as Lady Anna is largely unresponsive to Stephen's love.
(b) Taking walks through the garden.
(d) Horseback riding.
5. What is the name of Angela's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. During her attendance at Lady Anna's social events, what term can best describe Stephen's behavior?
2. Who does Stephen sit with in the living room while waiting to hear the report on Sir Phillip's injuries?
3. What name does Angela designate for her home?
4. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
5. What is the heartbreaking question Angela asks Stephen one day that reaffirms Stephen's fear of separation?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)