|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her attendance at Lady Anna's social events, what term can best describe Stephen's behavior?
(b) Stephen refused to attend any of her mother's social events.
2. At the time of Stephen's birth, how long had Sir Phillip and Lady Anna been married?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. As Sir Phillip and Stephen share their discussions, Lady Anna often feels left out. What is Sir Phillip's response towards his wife's displeasure?
(a) Often invites her to join.
(b) Immediately changes their conversation subject to accommodate his wife's interests.
(c) Commands she respect their privacy.
(d) Avoids any argument with his wife.
4. What was the result of Lady Anna's feeling of exclusion in her marriage with Sir Phillip?
(a) Still strong and happy as it always had been.
(b) A close bond between them finally appears after years of unhappy marriage.
(c) Resentment begins to grow in their once happy marriage.
(d) Just another example of their unhappy and dysfunctional marriage.
5. After meeting for the first time and spending time briefly at Angela's home, what does Angela invite Stephen to do once they part ways?
(a) To call her anytime.
(b) To care for her dog.
(c) To come back later once Angela's husband falls asleep.
(d) To take out her trash on the way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen sit with in the living room while waiting to hear the report on Sir Phillip's injuries?
2. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
3. While Stephen and Lady Anna wait anxiously by Sir Phillip's bedside, what are the effects of the drugs given to Sir Phillip by the doctor?
4. For what day of the week does Stephen plan her second visit with Angela?
5. What character is considered to have entered at a critical moment in Stephen's life with a much needed female presence, professing that Stephen be proud of herself and her accomplishments?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)