|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting for the first time and spending time briefly at Angela's home, what does Angela invite Stephen to do once they part ways?
(a) To take out her trash on the way home.
(b) To call her anytime.
(c) To come back later once Angela's husband falls asleep.
(d) To care for her dog.
2. What did Sir Phillip have an opportunity to express, yet failed to deliver when approached by Stephen?
(a) His information on the secret location of Martin Hallam.
(b) Stephen's true nature and sexuality.
(c) Stephen's utter hopelessness to connect with others.
(d) The details concerning Stephen's inhertance listed in his will.
3. After hearing rumors of Angela's love life, what action does Stephen take in a desperate attempt to impress Angela?
(a) She purchases luxuries such as fine clothes, strutting her wealth.
(b) She secretly hides outiside Angela's home to spy.
(c) She hunts and kills a prize buck, offering it to Angela.
(d) She buys a burial plot for Angela's dead dog, Tony.
4. Once in London, Stephen consistently avoids social activities such as parties and going out to restaurants. Which character is concerned for Stephen's mental health?
(a) Colonel Antrim.
(b) Violet Antrim.
(c) Miss Puddleton.
(d) Lady Anna.
5. After conversing with Lady Anna about her relationship with Angela, what does Stephen discover in her father's study that questions her thoughts and identity?
(a) Sir Phillip's psychology books.
(b) A letter written by Sir Phillip to his secret male lover.
(c) A secret drawer filled with old whiskey and gin bottles.
(d) Sir Phillip's music records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen learn about herself through her relationship with Martin?
2. As the marital tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip worsens, what key piece information is left out in their arguments?
3. Sir Phillip's wish that Stephen succeeds academically can be explained by his concern of what?
4. After witnessing Angela's late-night rendezvous and kiss, Stephen writes an extended letter, detailing her emotional pain, and sends it to Angela. What does Angela fear most about this scathing love note?
5. After her heartbreaking discovery in Angela's garden, what does Stephen do as a consequence?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)