|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Angela's husband?
(a) Angry and abusive.
(b) Gentle and loving.
(c) Promiscuous, as illustrated by his advances toward Stephen.
(d) Not enough information. He is rarely at home.
2. How does Stephen react when Angela has to cancel their afternoon together?
(a) She suspects infidelity and immediately races to Angela's home.
(b) She contacts the local doctor to check on Angela's condition.
(c) She waits all night for a phone call.
(d) She feels abandoned and deceived.
3. What character is considered to have entered at a critical moment in Stephen's life with a much needed female presence, professing that Stephen be proud of herself and her accomplishments?
(a) Collins the housemaid.
(b) Mademoiselle Duphot.
(c) Lady Anna.
(d) Violet Antrim.
4. Around age seventeen, Stephen is introduced to her mother's social scene. What is Lady Anna determined to find for her daughter?
(a) A job.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A husband.
(d) An "acceptable" gown.
5. After Stephen puts down her ill horse, Raftery, what does Lady Anna offer Stephen as a gesture of condolence?
(a) A tombstone for the dead horse.
(b) Lady Anna is indifferent to Stephen and her dead horse.
(c) Money to buy a new horse.
(d) An invitation to move back into Morton.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sir Phillip's death, what does Stephen decide for her education?
2. What activity is simply too painful for Stephen to continue now with the absence of her late father?
3. What is the result of Sir Phillip's injuries?
4. Amid the lingering gossip and rumors about Stephen circulating throughout the community, what character staunchly defends the bullied girl?
5. What is the name of Angela's dog?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)