|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A poster of what actor in Chapter 20 reminds Jake of Roland?
2. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
3. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
4. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
5. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
2. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
3. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
4. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
5. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
6. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
7. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
8. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
9. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
10. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Roland suffer from dual memories? What does this mean? What is the difference between Roland's two sets of memory? Who else suffers from dual memories? What does this say about this character's relationship with Roland? Which reality is true? Why are there more than one reality? Does the author ever fully explain these dual memories? What effect do these memories on the two characters who experience them? How do they learn to cope?
Essay Topic 2
Who leads Jake to the Mansion? How did Jake know to follow this person? What happens to Jake once he goes inside the Mansion? How does Jake lose the key? How does he get it back? What tries to stop Jake from crossing into Roland's world? Why? Who helps Jake survive his ordeal? Why does Jake want to go to Roland's world? What would have happened to him if he had not? What happens to Jake's family? Does Jake worry about this? What does the future hold for Jake?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Susannah? What caused her to need a wheelchair? Who is she married to? Why does Susannah have difficulty learning to fire a gun? What does Roland do to make her shoot the gun? Who is Odetta? How did Susannah come to share her mind with Odetta? What does Odetta do to help Susannah and the others? What does this say about Odetta's character? What does it say about Susannah that she allows Odetta to share her mind?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)