|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
2. What is ka-tet?
3. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
5. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
2. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
3. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
5. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
6. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
7. What do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find as they trace the path of the bear?
8. What fear haunts Eddie all through Chapters 7-15?
9. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
10. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Eddie? Why has Eddie not carved in wood for many years? What made him stop? What made him start again? Why is Eddie ashamed of his talents? What important item does Eddie carve upon Jake's arrival in Roland's world? Does this item work? What does this say about Eddie's talents? Does Eddie miss his hometown? For what reason? What is Eddie's relationship with his brother like? How has impacted his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Roland and Susannah
2) Roland and Eddie
3) Roland and Jake
4) Susannah and Eddie
5) Eddie and Henry.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Eddie carve a key out of wood? What is the purpose of this key? Does Eddie understand the importance of the key when he first begins carving it? How does this key compare to the one Jake has in his world? What does the key do for Jake when he holds it? Does this work for Roland? Why or why not? What does this key open? Does it work the first time Eddie uses it? What happens? What might have happened if Eddie had not carved the key?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)