|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
2. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
3. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
4. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
5. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
2. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
3. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
4. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
5. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
6. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
7. Why does Jake believe he might be going insane?
8. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
9. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
10. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Eddie? Why has Eddie not carved in wood for many years? What made him stop? What made him start again? Why is Eddie ashamed of his talents? What important item does Eddie carve upon Jake's arrival in Roland's world? Does this item work? What does this say about Eddie's talents? Does Eddie miss his hometown? For what reason? What is Eddie's relationship with his brother like? How has impacted his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Roland and Susannah
2) Roland and Eddie
3) Roland and Jake
4) Susannah and Eddie
5) Eddie and Henry.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Eddie carve a key out of wood? What is the purpose of this key? Does Eddie understand the importance of the key when he first begins carving it? How does this key compare to the one Jake has in his world? What does the key do for Jake when he holds it? Does this work for Roland? Why or why not? What does this key open? Does it work the first time Eddie uses it? What happens? What might have happened if Eddie had not carved the key?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)