|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
2. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
4. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
5. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
2. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
3. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
4. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
5. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
6. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
7. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
8. Where does Gasher take Jake?
9. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
10. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of one of the following style tools in the novel in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail citing examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Point of view
2) Structure of the novel
3) Language--mention the use of metaphor and simile, as well as specific language
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following items and what they symbolize in the overall plot of the novel:
3) Book of Riddles
4) Charlie the Choo-choo
5) The gun of Jake's father
6) Roland's gun and gunbelt.
This section contains 2,106 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)