|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
2. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
5. Why does Jake follow the two boys in Chapter 22, Henry and Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
2. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
3. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
4. What do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find as they trace the path of the bear?
5. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
6. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
7. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
8. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
9. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
10. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Roland suffer from dual memories? What does this mean? What is the difference between Roland's two sets of memory? Who else suffers from dual memories? What does this say about this character's relationship with Roland? Which reality is true? Why are there more than one reality? Does the author ever fully explain these dual memories? What effect do these memories on the two characters who experience them? How do they learn to cope?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Eddie carve a key out of wood? What is the purpose of this key? Does Eddie understand the importance of the key when he first begins carving it? How does this key compare to the one Jake has in his world? What does the key do for Jake when he holds it? Does this work for Roland? Why or why not? What does this key open? Does it work the first time Eddie uses it? What happens? What might have happened if Eddie had not carved the key?
Essay Topic 3
What are the Beams? How are they going to lead Roland and his friends to the Dark Tower? What is the Dark Tower? What will happen when Roland and his friends reach the Dark Tower? How is Jake following the Beams while still in his own world? Does he know he is following the Beams? How does Roland know about the Beams? Where did Roland learn much of what he knows about the Dark Tower? Why will Roland not share his past with his friends? Is Roland trying to hide something? Explain.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)