Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
2. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
5. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
2. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
3. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
4. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
5. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
6. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
7. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
8. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
9. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
10. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Roland and Susannah
2) Roland and Eddie
3) Roland and Jake
4) Susannah and Eddie
5) Eddie and Henry.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Roland suffer from dual memories? What does this mean? What is the difference between Roland's two sets of memory? Who else suffers from dual memories? What does this say about this character's relationship with Roland? Which reality is true? Why are there more than one reality? Does the author ever fully explain these dual memories? What effect do these memories on the two characters who experience them? How do they learn to cope?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following items and what they symbolize in the overall plot of the novel:
3) Book of Riddles
4) Charlie the Choo-choo
5) The gun of Jake's father
6) Roland's gun and gunbelt.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)