|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks does Jake find on his body in Chapter 4 that he believes happened in his dream?
2. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
5. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
2. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
3. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
4. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
5. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
6. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
7. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
8. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
9. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
10. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of one of the following style tools in the novel in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail citing examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Point of view
2) Structure of the novel
3) Language--mention the use of metaphor and simile, as well as specific language
Essay Topic 3
Who are Si and Mercy? Where did they come from? How does Roland feel about them? What do Roland and his friends learn about the city of Lud from these people? How does this information help Roland and his friends? How does it confirm something they already knew? What does Charlie and the Choo-Choo have to do with the city and the story Roland and his friends learn about it? Is this foreshadowing? Explain.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)