|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
2. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
3. Who are the Old People?
4. What is The Mansion?
5. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
2. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
3. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
4. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
5. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
6. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
7. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
8. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
9. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
10. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following items and what they symbolize in the overall plot of the novel:
3) Book of Riddles
4) Charlie the Choo-choo
5) The gun of Jake's father
6) Roland's gun and gunbelt.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Roland suffer from dual memories? What does this mean? What is the difference between Roland's two sets of memory? Who else suffers from dual memories? What does this say about this character's relationship with Roland? Which reality is true? Why are there more than one reality? Does the author ever fully explain these dual memories? What effect do these memories on the two characters who experience them? How do they learn to cope?
Essay Topic 3
Who leads Jake to the Mansion? How did Jake know to follow this person? What happens to Jake once he goes inside the Mansion? How does Jake lose the key? How does he get it back? What tries to stop Jake from crossing into Roland's world? Why? Who helps Jake survive his ordeal? Why does Jake want to go to Roland's world? What would have happened to him if he had not? What happens to Jake's family? Does Jake worry about this? What does the future hold for Jake?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)