|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ka?
2. A poster of what actor in Chapter 20 reminds Jake of Roland?
3. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
4. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
5. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
2. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
3. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
4. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
5. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
6. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
7. What fear haunts Eddie all through Chapters 7-15?
8. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
9. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
10. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who leads Jake to the Mansion? How did Jake know to follow this person? What happens to Jake once he goes inside the Mansion? How does Jake lose the key? How does he get it back? What tries to stop Jake from crossing into Roland's world? Why? Who helps Jake survive his ordeal? Why does Jake want to go to Roland's world? What would have happened to him if he had not? What happens to Jake's family? Does Jake worry about this? What does the future hold for Jake?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Roland? Why is he teaching Susannah to shoot a gun? Is Roland cruel when he makes Susannah think of her past to make her angry enough to shoot straight? Why can Roland not shoot a gun? What happened to Roland? When? What is Roland's mission? Where is he going? For what reason? What will happen when he get there? How does he plan to get there?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of one of the following style tools in the novel in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)