|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who now live in the stars.
(b) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(c) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(d) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
2. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Under the mountains.
(c) In Eddie's world.
(d) In Jake's world.
4. What does Eddie draw in the dirt at the speaking ring in Chapter 25?
(a) A door.
(b) A key.
(c) A house.
(d) A rose.
5. Who are the Old People?
(a) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(b) Roland's ancestors.
(c) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(d) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
2. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
3. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
4. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
5. A poster of what actor in Chapter 20 reminds Jake of Roland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
2. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
3. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
4. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
5. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
6. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
7. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
8. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
9. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
10. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)