|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is her real name.
(b) This is his nickname for her.
(c) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
(d) This is the first name he knew her by.
2. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A key.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rose.
(d) A broken tooth.
3. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A toy gun.
4. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
(a) A bear.
(b) A pond.
(c) A river.
(d) A giraffe.
5. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
(a) His family.
(b) The Dark Tower.
(c) Directions to the Dark Tower.
(d) Eddie's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
2. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
3. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
4. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
5. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
2. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
3. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
4. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
5. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
6. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
7. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
8. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
9. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
10. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)