|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(a) Roland and Susannah together.
2. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
(b) A dog and a cat.
(c) A closet and a bus station.
(d) A beach and a desert.
3. What is The Mansion?
(a) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
(b) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
(c) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
(d) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
4. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
5. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
(a) The s shape at the base.
(b) The c shape at the base.
(c) The s shape at the tip.
(d) The c shape at the tip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
2. What does Eddie draw in the dirt at the speaking ring in Chapter 25?
3. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
4. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
2. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
3. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
4. Why does Jake believe he might be going insane?
5. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
6. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
7. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
8. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
9. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
10. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)