|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The support of her father.
(b) The love of her father.
(c) The hand of her father.
(d) The face of her father.
2. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
3. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(b) Henry would have beat him up.
(c) Henry had a frail ego.
(d) Henry was his big brother.
4. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(a) King Kong.
(c) Garfield the Cat.
(d) Yogi Bear.
5. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(b) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(c) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
(d) People who now live in the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
2. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
3. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
4. Why does Jake follow the two boys in Chapter 22, Henry and Eddie?
5. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
2. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
3. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
4. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
5. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
6. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
7. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
8. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
9. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
10. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)