|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
(b) He is confused and angry.
(c) He dislikes his father.
(d) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
2. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(d) Infectious muscus.
3. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
(b) Desolation or waste lands.
(c) Pain and death.
4. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(c) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(d) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
5. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(b) To create the Beams.
(c) To create Roland's world.
(d) To create Susannah's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
2. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
4. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
5. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
2. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
3. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
4. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
5. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
6. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
7. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
8. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
9. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
10. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)