|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The key.
(b) The bear.
(c) The doll.
(d) The rose.
2. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(b) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(c) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
(d) People who now live in the stars.
3. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) A bomb going off in the distance.
(b) Crashing trees.
(c) The approach of a stranger.
(d) Answering gunshots.
4. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His mother.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) His French teacher.
(d) His father.
5. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) New York between 1963 and 1987.
(b) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(c) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(d) New Orleans, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
2. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
3. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
4. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
5. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find as they trace the path of the bear?
2. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
3. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
4. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
5. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
6. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
7. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
8. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
9. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
10. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)