|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice encourages him to do better.
(b) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(c) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
2. What is a palaver?
(a) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(b) A position in the household of a magician.
(c) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(d) A type of hat Roland wears.
3. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) New York between 1963 and 1987.
(b) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(c) New Orleans, 2004.
(d) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
4. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(a) Roland and Susannah together.
5. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) It is all gone.
(b) Everything is still here.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) This is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
2. What is unusual about Mir's head?
3. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
4. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
5. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
2. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
3. Why does Jake believe he might be going insane?
4. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
5. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
6. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
7. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
8. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
9. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
10. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)