|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
2. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(a) Roland and Susannah together.
3. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(a) His mother's.
4. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
(a) A rose.
(b) A gun.
(c) A broken tooth.
(d) The shape of a key.
5. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Mother's daughter.
(b) A beautiful young woman.
(c) Old Mother.
(d) Old Star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
2. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
5. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
2. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
3. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
4. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
5. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
6. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
7. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
8. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
9. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
10. What fear haunts Eddie all through Chapters 7-15?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)