|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(b) In Susannah's world.
(c) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
(d) In Eddie's world.
2. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
3. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
(a) He is hearing voices in his head.
(b) He is having dreams of dual memories.
(c) He is seeing people who are not there.
(d) He is not sleeping.
4. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
(a) A rose.
(b) A bear.
(c) A doll.
(d) A key.
5. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) Everything is still here.
(b) It is all gone.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) This is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
2. What marks does Jake find on his body in Chapter 4 that he believes happened in his dream?
3. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the boy in Jake's dream who tells him he is there to guide him?
5. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
2. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
3. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
4. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
5. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
6. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
7. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
8. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
9. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
10. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)