|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(a) The Bookworm.
(b) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
(d) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
2. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has a radar-like dish on it.
(b) It has an extra mouth.
(c) It is missing both eyes.
(d) It has a large tumor.
3. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(b) The Hobbit.
(c) The Stand.
4. What is The Mansion?
(a) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
(b) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
(c) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
(d) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
5. What is ka?
(a) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(b) A map in High Speech.
(c) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(d) Roland's world in High Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
2. What does a voice in Eddie's head tell him in Chapter 1?
3. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
4. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
5. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
2. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
3. Why does Jake believe he might be going insane?
4. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
5. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
6. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
7. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
8. What fear haunts Eddie all through Chapters 7-15?
9. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
10. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)