|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
2. Who is Mir?
(a) A friend of Roland's.
(b) Susannah's husband.
(c) The old bear who who lives in the woods where Roland and his friends are camped.
(d) A spacestation.
3. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) Old Mother's daughter.
(c) Old Mother.
(d) Old Star.
4. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
(a) He is hearing voices in his head.
(b) He is seeing people who are not there.
(c) He is having dreams of dual memories.
(d) He is not sleeping.
5. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It is missing both eyes.
(b) It has a radar-like dish on it.
(c) It has an extra mouth.
(d) It has a large tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
3. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
4. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
5. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
2. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
3. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
4. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
5. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
6. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
7. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
8. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
9. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
10. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)