|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
2. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) The Stand.
(b) The Hobbit.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
3. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has a large tumor.
(b) It is missing both eyes.
(c) It has an extra mouth.
(d) It has a radar-like dish on it.
4. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
5. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
(a) In a sling on Eddie's back.
(b) In her wheelchair.
(c) In a sling on Roland's back.
(d) In a wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
2. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
3. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
4. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
5. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
2. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
3. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
4. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
5. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
6. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
7. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
8. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
9. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
10. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)