|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A toy gun.
(d) A slingshot.
2. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Crashing trees.
(b) Answering gunshots.
(c) The approach of a stranger.
(d) A bomb going off in the distance.
3. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(b) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
(d) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
4. Who is the boy in Jake's dream who tells him he is there to guide him?
5. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
2. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
3. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
4. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
5. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
2. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
3. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
4. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
5. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
6. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
7. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
8. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
9. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
10. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)