|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A poster of what actor in Chapter 20 reminds Jake of Roland?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) Clint Eastwood.
(c) Roy Rogers.
(d) John Wayne.
2. What is ka-tet?
(a) A group of people with interrelated destinies.
(b) A group of people with the same birthdate.
(c) A group of travelers who travel together for convience.
(d) A group of travelers with the same destination.
3. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will find his killer.
(c) He will return to Roland.
(d) He will regain his sanity.
4. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
5. What is a palaver?
(a) A type of hat Roland wears.
(b) A position in the household of a magician.
(c) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(d) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
2. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
3. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
4. Who are the Old People?
5. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
2. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
3. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
4. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
5. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
6. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
7. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
8. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
9. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
10. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)