|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
(a) The Great Pyramid.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The Sphinx.
2. What is a palaver?
(a) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(b) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(c) A type of hat Roland wears.
(d) A position in the household of a magician.
3. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The love of her father.
(b) The support of her father.
(c) The face of her father.
(d) The hand of her father.
4. What is ka-tet?
(a) A group of travelers with the same destination.
(b) A group of travelers who travel together for convience.
(c) A group of people with the same birthdate.
(d) A group of people with interrelated destinies.
5. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(b) He dislikes his father.
(c) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
(d) He is confused and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
2. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
3. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
4. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
5. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
2. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
3. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
4. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
5. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
6. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
7. What do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find as they trace the path of the bear?
8. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
9. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
10. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)