|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels a need to protect it.
(b) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(c) He wants to take it to his mother.
(d) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
2. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The riddles.
(b) The answers.
(c) The first pages.
(d) The middle pages.
3. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
(b) This is her real name.
(c) This is his nickname for her.
(d) This is the first name he knew her by.
4. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
(a) Eddie's world.
(b) The Dark Tower.
(c) His family.
(d) Directions to the Dark Tower.
5. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
2. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
4. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
5. What marks does Jake find on his body in Chapter 4 that he believes happened in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
2. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
3. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
4. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
5. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
6. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
7. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
8. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
9. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
10. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)