|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
2. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A rose.
(c) A bear.
(d) A key.
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
4. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
(a) The details of Jake's life.
(b) The details of Jake's death.
(c) The directions to the city of Lud.
(d) The directions to the Dark Tower.
5. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
(a) The Great Pyramid.
(b) The Sphinx.
(d) The Washington Monument.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
2. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
4. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
5. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
2. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
3. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
4. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
5. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
6. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
7. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
8. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
9. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
10. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)