|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake fell accidentally.
(b) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(c) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(d) Jake was never there.
2. Who is the boy in Jake's dream who tells him he is there to guide him?
3. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
(a) A bear.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A pond.
(d) A river.
5. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
2. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
3. Who are the Old People?
4. Who is Mir?
5. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
2. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
3. What fear haunts Eddie all through Chapters 7-15?
4. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
5. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
6. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
7. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
8. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
9. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
10. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)