|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
2. What is The Mansion?
(a) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
(b) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
(c) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
(d) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
3. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
(a) A potential tool.
(b) A shape waiting for someone to let it out.
(d) The potential for a weapon.
4. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A gun.
(b) A broken tooth.
(c) A rose.
(d) A key.
5. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In Eddie's world.
(c) Under the mountains.
(d) In Jake's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
2. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
3. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
5. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jake believe he might be going insane?
2. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
3. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
4. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
5. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
6. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
7. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
8. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
9. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
10. What makes Jake stop in a bookstore in Chapter 13? What does he buy there?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)