|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A day.
(d) For good.
2. What does Eddie draw in the dirt at the speaking ring in Chapter 25?
(a) A door.
(b) A rose.
(c) A key.
(d) A house.
3. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A rose.
(b) A broken tooth.
(c) A key.
(d) A gun.
4. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The maid.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A teacher.
5. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
2. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
3. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
4. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
5. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
2. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
3. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
4. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
5. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
6. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
7. What do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find as they trace the path of the bear?
8. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
9. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
10. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)