|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
2. Who does Eddie believe he met just before Henry went into the army in the 1970s?
(a) Jack Mort.
3. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
(a) My Summer Vacation.
(b) My Understanding of Truth.
(c) My Best Friend.
(d) My Understanding of Honesty.
4. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(b) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(c) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
(d) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
5. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Mother's daughter.
(b) A beautiful young woman.
(c) Old Star.
(d) Old Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
2. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
3. What is ka?
4. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
5. Who are the Old People?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
2. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
3. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
4. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
5. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
6. Who does Jake meet in Chapter 20? To where does Jake follow this character?
7. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
8. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
9. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
10. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)