|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Old People?
(a) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(b) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(c) Roland's ancestors.
(d) The people who once tortured Susannah.
2. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(b) The Stand.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) The Hobbit.
3. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
(a) Moe and Curley's Literary Book Sellers.
(b) Batman and Robin's Comic Store.
(c) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli.
(d) Laurel and Hardy's Comedy Shop.
4. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) In Eddie's world.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Under the mountains.
(d) In Jake's world.
5. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
(a) A potential tool.
(b) The potential for a weapon.
(c) A shape waiting for someone to let it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
2. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
4. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
5. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
2. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
3. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
4. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
5. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
6. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
7. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
8. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
9. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
10. What is the relationship between Roland, Susannah, and Eddie?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)