|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
2. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
3. A poster of what actor in Chapter 20 reminds Jake of Roland?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Clint Eastwood.
(d) Roy Rogers.
4. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(b) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(c) Jake was never there.
(d) Jake fell accidentally.
5. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) For good.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
2. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
3. What is unusual about Mir's head?
4. What does the boy in Chapter 3 warn Jake not to do?
5. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
2. Who is Odetta Walker? Why does Susannah call her out in Chapter 23?
3. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
4. What happens to the Mansion as Jake attempts to enter Roland's world in Chapter 33?
5. What advice does Jake give someone to quiet the voices in his head? How does Jake do this?
6. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
7. What causes Jake to become obsessed with doors?
8. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
9. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
10. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)