|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who now live in the stars.
(b) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(c) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(d) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
2. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
(a) To keep warm.
(b) To cook on.
(c) For Eddie to carve by.
(d) To keep the animals away.
3. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
(a) He will find his killer.
(b) He will return to Roland.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will regain his sanity.
4. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(b) Roland told him.
(c) He is psychic.
(d) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
5. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(b) The Bookworm.
(c) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
2. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
3. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
4. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
5. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
2. In a dream, Eddie walks to what location in New York City? What does he see there?
3. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
4. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
5. Why does Jake leave his family's home? What of his father's does he take?
6. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
7. What do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find as they trace the path of the bear?
8. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
9. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
10. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)