|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
2. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels a need to protect it.
(b) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
(c) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(d) He wants to take it to his mother.
3. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The middle pages.
(b) The answers.
(c) The first pages.
(d) The riddles.
4. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(c) Roland and Susannah together.
5. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
(a) A troll.
(b) A demon.
(c) A guardian.
(d) A dwarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
2. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
3. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Walter?
5. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddie immediately notice is wrong with the bear?
2. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
3. How does the demon help Jake enter Roland's world in Chapter 41?
4. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
5. What does Roland believe the bear's purpose was?
6. Where does Roland tell Susannah to shoot the bear?
7. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
8. What is important about the jawbone Roland has carried with him since his meeting with Jake?
9. What impression does Jake get from the empty lot where Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli once stood?
10. What are Eddie's options when he hears the bear crashing down trees and headed in his direction?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)