|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) Ms. Avery.
(b) His parents.
(c) Mrs. Shaw.
(d) Mr. Bissette.
2. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(c) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
(d) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
3. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A mother bear.
(b) A toy.
(c) A robot.
(d) A phantom from another world.
4. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(b) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(c) He is psychic.
(d) Roland told him.
5. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
(a) A rose.
(b) A key.
(c) A doll.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
2. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
3. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
4. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
5. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Jake meet in his dreams in Chapter 3?
2. How does finding the bear help Roland find a way to find the Dark Tower?
3. Why does Jake believe he might be going insane?
4. Where did Roland first meet Jake? How?
5. What is the contrast between The Piper School and Jake's mental difficulties?
6. Who does Roland talk of when he collapses after the death of the bear?
7. What surprises Jake about the grade he receives on his Final Essay in English?
8. What road do Roland, Susannah, and Eddie find in Chapter 7? Where do they believe it will lead them?
9. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
10. How many things happen to Jake in Chapters 16-23 that also happened in Roland's world?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)