|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mir?
(a) A spacestation.
(b) The old bear who who lives in the woods where Roland and his friends are camped.
(c) A friend of Roland's.
(d) Susannah's husband.
2. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The face of her father.
(b) The support of her father.
(c) The hand of her father.
(d) The love of her father.
3. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
4. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) The Stand.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(c) The Hobbit.
5. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) A nanny.
(c) The maid.
(d) A teacher.
6. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) To express its use as a book title.
(b) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because it is the title of a song.
7. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His father.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) His mother.
(d) His French teacher.
8. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
(a) My Summer Vacation.
(b) My Best Friend.
(c) My Understanding of Honesty.
(d) My Understanding of Truth.
9. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) In Susannah's world.
(b) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
(c) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(d) In Eddie's world.
10. Who does Eddie believe he met just before Henry went into the army in the 1970s?
(a) Jack Mort.
11. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
(c) Crystal Meth.
12. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(b) Roland and Susannah together.
13. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(b) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(c) He is psychic.
(d) Roland told him.
14. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
(a) Directions to the Dark Tower.
(b) Eddie's world.
(c) The Dark Tower.
(d) His family.
15. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A robot.
(b) A phantom from another world.
(c) A mother bear.
(d) A toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
2. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
4. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
5. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)