|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(b) He is confused and angry.
(c) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
(d) He dislikes his father.
2. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(b) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(c) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(d) Roland's ancestors.
3. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) This is crazy.
(b) Everything is still here.
(c) Leave me alone.
(d) It is all gone.
5. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
(a) A place where Susannah was once tortured.
(b) A place where the truth of the Dark Tower is hidden.
(c) A place where Eddie nearly died.
(d) A place where Detta would go to do bad things.
6. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(a) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
(c) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
7. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
(a) The Dark Tower.
(b) Eddie's world.
(c) Directions to the Dark Tower.
(d) His family.
8. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
(a) The directions to the Dark Tower.
(b) The directions to the city of Lud.
(c) The details of Jake's death.
(d) The details of Jake's life.
9. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to his world.
(b) Doors to other deminsions.
(c) Doors to other countries.
(d) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
10. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The key.
(b) The doll.
(c) The rose.
(d) The bear.
11. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
(a) Batman and Robin's Comic Store.
(b) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli.
(c) Laurel and Hardy's Comedy Shop.
(d) Moe and Curley's Literary Book Sellers.
12. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
13. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
14. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(b) New Orleans, 2004.
(c) New York between 1963 and 1987.
(d) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
15. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
(a) The Sphinx.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Great Pyramid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
2. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
3. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
4. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
5. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)