|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
2. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
(a) Traveller, Beyond Lies Mid-World.
(b) Leaving New York.
(c) Chicago, Ten Miles.
(d) Traveller, Beyond Lies Lud.
3. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A robot.
(b) A toy.
(c) A phantom from another world.
(d) A mother bear.
4. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A bear.
(c) A river.
(d) A pond.
5. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) For good.
(d) A month.
6. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's aunt.
(b) Eddie's sister.
(c) Eddie's cousin.
(d) Eddie's mother.
7. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(b) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(c) Jake was never there.
(d) Jake fell accidentally.
8. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(b) The voice encourages him to do better.
(c) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
9. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
(a) A troll.
(b) A guardian.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A demon.
10. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(a) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(c) The Bookworm.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
11. What does a voice in Eddie's head tell him in Chapter 1?
(a) To tell Henry the truth about his cruelty.
(b) To tell Jake to stay where he is.
(c) To tell Roland to hold the key to make the voices stop.
(d) To tell Susannah to keep Odetta asleep.
12. Who is Walter?
(a) The man in white, Roland's teacher.
(b) Roland's brother.
(c) Roland's best friend.
(d) The man in black, Roland's nemesis.
13. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(b) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(c) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
(d) People who now live in the stars.
14. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
(a) Moe and Curley's Literary Book Sellers.
(b) Laurel and Hardy's Comedy Shop.
(c) Batman and Robin's Comic Store.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli.
15. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
(a) A drum beat.
(b) The hum of a train.
(c) The hum of machines.
(d) A rock band.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eddie believe he met just before Henry went into the army in the 1970s?
2. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
4. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)