|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(b) To create Susannah's world.
(c) To create the Beams.
(d) To create Roland's world.
2. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(b) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
3. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
(a) My Understanding of Honesty.
(b) My Summer Vacation.
(c) My Best Friend.
(d) My Understanding of Truth.
4. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
(a) Traveller, Beyond Lies Lud.
(b) Chicago, Ten Miles.
(c) Traveller, Beyond Lies Mid-World.
(d) Leaving New York.
5. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
(a) A pond.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A bear.
(d) A river.
6. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
7. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(b) Jake fell accidentally.
(c) Jake was never there.
(d) Jake was pushed by someone else.
8. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rose.
(c) A key.
(d) A broken tooth.
9. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The bear.
(b) The doll.
(c) The rose.
(d) The key.
10. Who are the Old People?
(a) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(b) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(c) Roland's ancestors.
(d) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
11. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The riddles.
(b) The middle pages.
(c) The answers.
(d) The first pages.
12. What does the boy in Chapter 3 warn Jake not to do?
(a) Step on the robots.
(b) Step off the curb.
(c) Fall off the ledge.
(d) Fall off the train.
13. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
14. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(b) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(c) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
(d) The voice encourages him to do better.
15. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The support of her father.
(b) The hand of her father.
(c) The face of her father.
(d) The love of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
2. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
3. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
4. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)