|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
(a) Mid-World Railway Company.
(b) Topeka Limited.
(c) Mid-Cities Railway Company.
2. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) His father.
(c) His French teacher.
(d) His mother.
3. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
4. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(a) Roland and Susannah together.
5. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
(a) The Stand.
(c) The Plague.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
6. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A potential weapon.
(b) A potential tool.
(c) A walking stick waiting to be used.
(d) A shape waiting to be carved.
7. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) Everything is still here.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) This is crazy.
(d) It is all gone.
8. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) To express its use as a book title.
(b) Because it is the title of a song.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
9. What is ka?
(a) A map in High Speech.
(b) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(c) Roland's world in High Speech.
(d) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
10. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) New Orleans, 2004.
(b) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(c) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(d) New York between 1963 and 1987.
11. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
(b) Doors to other deminsions.
(c) Doors to his world.
(d) Doors to other countries.
12. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) A toy gun.
(c) A bear.
(d) A slingshot.
13. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
(a) Leaving New York.
(b) Traveller, Beyond Lies Lud.
(c) Traveller, Beyond Lies Mid-World.
(d) Chicago, Ten Miles.
14. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He is confused and angry.
(b) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(c) He dislikes his father.
(d) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
15. What is a palaver?
(a) A position in the household of a magician.
(b) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(c) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(d) A type of hat Roland wears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
2. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
3. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
4. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
5. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)