|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
(b) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(c) In Susannah's world.
(d) In Eddie's world.
2. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her tabloid paper.
(c) Her gum.
(d) Her movie ticket.
3. What is a palaver?
(a) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(b) A type of hat Roland wears.
(c) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(d) A position in the household of a magician.
4. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
5. What is ka?
(a) A map in High Speech.
(b) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(c) Roland's world in High Speech.
(d) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
6. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) A bomb going off in the distance.
(c) The approach of a stranger.
(d) Crashing trees.
7. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) For good.
(b) A month.
(c) A day.
(d) A year.
8. Who is the boy in Jake's dream who tells him he is there to guide him?
9. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to other deminsions.
(b) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
(c) Doors to his world.
(d) Doors to other countries.
10. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
(a) The c shape at the tip.
(b) The c shape at the base.
(c) The s shape at the tip.
(d) The s shape at the base.
11. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
12. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Under the mountains.
(c) In Eddie's world.
(d) In Jake's world.
13. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The rose.
(b) The key.
(c) The bear.
(d) The doll.
14. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The lion.
(b) The bear.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The fish.
15. What does a voice in Eddie's head tell him in Chapter 1?
(a) To tell Jake to stay where he is.
(b) To tell Roland to hold the key to make the voices stop.
(c) To tell Henry the truth about his cruelty.
(d) To tell Susannah to keep Odetta asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
2. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
3. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
4. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
5. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)