|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
(a) The directions to the city of Lud.
(b) The details of Jake's life.
(c) The directions to the Dark Tower.
(d) The details of Jake's death.
2. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
(b) The Great Pyramid.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Washington Monument.
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
4. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
(a) Her tabloid paper.
(b) Her gum.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her movie ticket.
5. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
(a) The potential for a weapon.
(b) A potential tool.
(d) A shape waiting for someone to let it out.
6. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) A bomb going off in the distance.
(b) Answering gunshots.
(c) Crashing trees.
(d) The approach of a stranger.
7. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
8. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
(a) Honk mahfahs.
(b) Tonk mothers.
(c) Honky tonks.
(d) Mahfah fathers.
9. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A phantom from another world.
(b) A toy.
(c) A robot.
(d) A mother bear.
10. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(c) Roland and Susannah together.
11. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will win a literary prize.
(b) He will die in Roland's world.
(c) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(d) He will be hit by a car.
12. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
13. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
(a) For Eddie to carve by.
(b) To keep warm.
(c) To cook on.
(d) To keep the animals away.
14. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
(a) A toy gun.
(b) A dog.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A bear.
15. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
3. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
4. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
5. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)