|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
(a) A potential tool.
(b) A shape waiting for someone to let it out.
(d) The potential for a weapon.
2. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) For good.
(b) A day.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(c) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(d) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
4. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The face of her father.
(b) The love of her father.
(c) The hand of her father.
(d) The support of her father.
5. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A key.
(b) A rose.
(c) A gun.
(d) A broken tooth.
6. What does a voice in Eddie's head tell him in Chapter 1?
(a) To tell Jake to stay where he is.
(b) To tell Roland to hold the key to make the voices stop.
(c) To tell Susannah to keep Odetta asleep.
(d) To tell Henry the truth about his cruelty.
7. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
8. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken tooth.
(b) A rose.
(c) A gun.
(d) The shape of a key.
9. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His French teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The housekeeper.
10. Who is Walter?
(a) The man in white, Roland's teacher.
(b) Roland's best friend.
(c) The man in black, Roland's nemesis.
(d) Roland's brother.
11. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
12. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have beat him up.
(b) Henry was his big brother.
(c) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(d) Henry had a frail ego.
13. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
(a) A pond.
(b) A river.
(c) A bear.
(d) A giraffe.
14. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(b) A stranger.
15. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
2. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
3. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
5. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)