|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
2. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
(a) A place where Susannah was once tortured.
(b) A place where the truth of the Dark Tower is hidden.
(c) A place where Detta would go to do bad things.
(d) A place where Eddie nearly died.
3. What is The Mansion?
(a) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
(b) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
(c) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
(d) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
4. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's aunt.
(b) Eddie's mother.
(c) Eddie's sister.
(d) Eddie's cousin.
5. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
(a) Batman and Robin's Comic Store.
(b) Moe and Curley's Literary Book Sellers.
(c) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli.
(d) Laurel and Hardy's Comedy Shop.
6. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The bear.
(b) The rose.
(c) The doll.
(d) The key.
7. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(b) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
8. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
9. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
10. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
(a) He is not sleeping.
(b) He is having dreams of dual memories.
(c) He is hearing voices in his head.
(d) He is seeing people who are not there.
11. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Crashing trees.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) Answering gunshots.
(d) A bomb going off in the distance.
12. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
(a) An airport.
(b) A bus station.
(c) A subway station.
(d) A way station.
13. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A phantom from another world.
(b) A robot.
(c) A toy.
(d) A mother bear.
14. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) In Susannah's world.
(b) In Eddie's world.
(c) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(d) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
15. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
(b) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(c) He dislikes his father.
(d) He is confused and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
2. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
3. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
4. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
5. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)