|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(a) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
(c) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
2. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(c) Infectious muscus.
3. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(b) His mother's.
4. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) The Stand.
(c) The Hobbit.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
5. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(a) A stranger.
6. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
(a) Pain and death.
(c) Desolation or waste lands.
7. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A tent.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A hut.
(d) A tree.
8. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
(a) He will find his killer.
(b) He will regain his sanity.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will return to Roland.
9. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
10. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
(a) A demon.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A troll.
(d) A guardian.
11. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The turtle.
(b) The lion.
(c) The fish.
(d) The bear.
12. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
(b) He feels a need to protect it.
(c) He wants to take it to his mother.
(d) He feels it is dangerous to him.
13. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(b) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(c) Roland told him.
(d) He is psychic.
14. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A phantom from another world.
(b) A mother bear.
(c) A toy.
(d) A robot.
15. What is The Mansion?
(a) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
(b) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
(c) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
(d) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
2. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
3. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
4. Where is the Great Portal?
5. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)