|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The middle pages.
(b) The answers.
(c) The first pages.
(d) The riddles.
2. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
(a) A place where the truth of the Dark Tower is hidden.
(b) A place where Detta would go to do bad things.
(c) A place where Eddie nearly died.
(d) A place where Susannah was once tortured.
3. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(b) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
(d) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
4. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
(a) In a sling on Roland's back.
(b) In a sling on Eddie's back.
(c) In her wheelchair.
(d) In a wagon.
5. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
(a) The hum of a train.
(b) A drum beat.
(c) A rock band.
(d) The hum of machines.
6. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
(a) A gun.
(b) A broken tooth.
(c) The shape of a key.
(d) A rose.
7. What is The Mansion?
(a) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
(b) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
(c) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
(d) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
8. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) A day.
(b) For good.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
9. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(b) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(c) To express its use as a book title.
(d) Because it is the title of a song.
10. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
11. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) Ms. Avery.
(b) His parents.
(c) Mrs. Shaw.
(d) Mr. Bissette.
12. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
(a) His family.
(b) Eddie's world.
(c) The Dark Tower.
(d) Directions to the Dark Tower.
13. A poster of what actor in Chapter 20 reminds Jake of Roland?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Roy Rogers.
(c) The Lone Ranger.
(d) Clint Eastwood.
14. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(b) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(c) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(d) Roland's ancestors.
15. Why does Jake follow the two boys in Chapter 22, Henry and Eddie?
(a) Because he wants to play with them.
(b) Because Eddie is the guide from his dreams.
(c) Because he wants to rescue Maryanne.
(d) Because he wants to help protect Eddie from his mean brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
5. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)