|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a palaver?
(a) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(b) A position in the household of a magician.
(c) A type of hat Roland wears.
(d) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
2. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(c) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
3. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(b) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
(d) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
4. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice encourages him to do better.
(b) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(c) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
5. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
6. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(b) Roland told him.
(c) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(d) He is psychic.
7. What is The Mansion?
(a) Home to a demon in Roland's world.
(b) A haunted house in Jake's world that is a portal to Roland's world.
(c) Home to one of the Twelve Guardians.
(d) A haunted house in Roland's world that is a portal to Jake's world.
8. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
9. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The turtle.
(b) The lion.
(c) The bear.
(d) The fish.
10. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The answers.
(b) The first pages.
(c) The riddles.
(d) The middle pages.
11. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
12. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
(a) Her movie ticket.
(b) Her tabloid paper.
(c) Her gum.
(d) Her purse.
13. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A tent.
(b) A tree.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A hut.
14. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A potential weapon.
(b) A walking stick waiting to be used.
(c) A shape waiting to be carved.
(d) A potential tool.
15. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will die in Roland's world.
(b) He will be hit by a car.
(c) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(d) He will win a literary prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
2. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
3. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
4. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
5. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)