|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(a) Infectious muscus.
2. What does Eddie draw in the dirt at the speaking ring in Chapter 25?
(a) A key.
(b) A rose.
(c) A door.
(d) A house.
3. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(b) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
(c) He feels a need to protect it.
(d) He wants to take it to his mother.
4. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has an extra mouth.
(b) It is missing both eyes.
(c) It has a large tumor.
(d) It has a radar-like dish on it.
5. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(b) The Stand.
(d) The Plague.
6. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) The approach of a stranger.
(b) Answering gunshots.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
7. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's cousin.
(b) Eddie's mother.
(c) Eddie's sister.
(d) Eddie's aunt.
8. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(a) A stranger.
9. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
10. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice encourages him to do better.
(b) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(c) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
11. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The fish.
(b) The turtle.
(c) The bear.
(d) The lion.
12. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The doll.
(b) The bear.
(c) The key.
(d) The rose.
13. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
(a) The c shape at the base.
(b) The s shape at the tip.
(c) The s shape at the base.
(d) The c shape at the tip.
14. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Four years.
15. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A hut.
(b) A tent.
(c) A tree.
(d) A ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
3. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
4. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)