|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
2. What does Eddie draw in the dirt at the speaking ring in Chapter 25?
(a) A house.
(b) A key.
(c) A rose.
(d) A door.
3. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
(b) A potential tool.
(c) A shape waiting for someone to let it out.
(d) The potential for a weapon.
4. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) His parents.
(b) Mr. Bissette.
(c) Ms. Avery.
(d) Mrs. Shaw.
5. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is her real name.
(b) This is his nickname for her.
(c) This is the first name he knew her by.
(d) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
6. What does a voice in Eddie's head tell him in Chapter 1?
(a) To tell Henry the truth about his cruelty.
(b) To tell Susannah to keep Odetta asleep.
(c) To tell Jake to stay where he is.
(d) To tell Roland to hold the key to make the voices stop.
7. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
(b) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(c) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(d) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
8. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's aunt.
(b) Eddie's cousin.
(c) Eddie's sister.
(d) Eddie's mother.
9. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
(a) A demon.
(b) A guardian.
(c) A troll.
(d) A dwarf.
10. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
(a) A subway station.
(b) A way station.
(c) An airport.
(d) A bus station.
11. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
12. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The maid.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The housekeeper.
13. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
14. What marks does Jake find on his body in Chapter 4 that he believes happened in his dream?
(a) Scrapes on his hands.
(b) Bruises on his head.
(c) Scrapes on his knees.
(d) Bruises on his side.
15. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The first pages.
(b) The answers.
(c) The middle pages.
(d) The riddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
2. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
3. Who are the Old People?
4. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
5. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)