|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
(a) A subway station.
(b) A way station.
(c) A bus station.
(d) An airport.
2. Who are the Old People?
(a) Roland's ancestors.
(b) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(c) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(d) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
3. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
4. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
(a) A place where the truth of the Dark Tower is hidden.
(b) A place where Detta would go to do bad things.
(c) A place where Susannah was once tortured.
(d) A place where Eddie nearly died.
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The turtle.
(b) The lion.
(c) The fish.
(d) The bear.
6. Why does Jake follow the two boys in Chapter 22, Henry and Eddie?
(a) Because he wants to help protect Eddie from his mean brother.
(b) Because he wants to play with them.
(c) Because Eddie is the guide from his dreams.
(d) Because he wants to rescue Maryanne.
7. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The maid.
(b) A nanny.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) A teacher.
8. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Shaw.
(b) Mr. Bissette.
(c) Ms. Avery.
(d) His parents.
9. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
(a) Batman and Robin's Comic Store.
(b) Moe and Curley's Literary Book Sellers.
(c) Laurel and Hardy's Comedy Shop.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli.
10. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to other deminsions.
(b) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
(c) Doors to his world.
(d) Doors to other countries.
11. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels a need to protect it.
(b) He wants to take it to his mother.
(c) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
(d) He feels it is dangerous to him.
12. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(d) A stranger.
13. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(b) Because it is the title of a song.
(c) To express its use as a book title.
(d) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
14. Who does Eddie believe he met just before Henry went into the army in the 1970s?
(b) Jack Mort.
15. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
(a) The Plague.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(c) The Stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mir?
2. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
3. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
4. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
5. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)