|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(d) A stranger.
2. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(b) Yogi Bear.
(c) Garfield the Cat.
(d) King Kong.
3. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
4. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A toy gun.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
5. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Goodnight Moon.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
6. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Under the mountains.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In Jake's world.
(d) In Eddie's world.
7. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
(a) Mahfah fathers.
(b) Tonk mothers.
(c) Honk mahfahs.
(d) Honky tonks.
8. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
(a) The Stand.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(c) The Plague.
9. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He dislikes his father.
(b) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
(c) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(d) He is confused and angry.
10. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) Old Star.
(c) Old Mother.
(d) Old Mother's daughter.
11. Who are the Old People?
(a) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(b) Roland's ancestors.
(c) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(d) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
12. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The lion.
(b) The fish.
(c) The bear.
(d) The turtle.
13. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create Susannah's world.
(b) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(c) To create the Beams.
(d) To create Roland's world.
14. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
(b) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(c) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(d) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
15. What is it that Roland claims to want in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ka-tet?
2. What is The Mansion?
3. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
5. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)