|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are Eddie and Henry playing in Chapter 22?
2. What is ka-tet?
(a) A group of people with the same birthdate.
(b) A group of travelers with the same destination.
(c) A group of people with interrelated destinies.
(d) A group of travelers who travel together for convience.
3. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(b) New Orleans, 2004.
(c) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(d) New York between 1963 and 1987.
4. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
5. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) The Stand.
(b) The Hobbit.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
6. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(b) To create the Beams.
(c) To create Roland's world.
(d) To create Susannah's world.
7. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(c) Infectious muscus.
8. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A closet and a bus station.
(b) A beach and a desert.
(c) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
(d) A dog and a cat.
9. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rose.
(c) The shape of a key.
(d) A broken tooth.
10. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
11. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(b) He will die in Roland's world.
(c) He will win a literary prize.
(d) He will be hit by a car.
12. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(b) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(c) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(d) Roland's ancestors.
13. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) For good.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
14. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) It is all gone.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) Everything is still here.
(d) This is crazy.
15. What is a palaver?
(a) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(b) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(c) A type of hat Roland wears.
(d) A position in the household of a magician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Great Portal?
2. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
3. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
4. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
5. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)