|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) The Hobbit.
(c) The Stand.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
2. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) To express its use as a book title.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
3. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(b) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(c) Jake fell accidentally.
(d) Jake was never there.
4. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(b) He is psychic.
(c) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(d) Roland told him.
5. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) In Eddie's world.
(b) In Susannah's world.
(c) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(d) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
6. What is the name of the business Eddie visits in his dreams in Chapter 19?
(a) Batman and Robin's Comic Store.
(b) Moe and Curley's Literary Book Sellers.
(c) Laurel and Hardy's Comedy Shop.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Deli.
7. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The bear.
(b) The lion.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The fish.
8. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The middle pages.
(b) The answers.
(c) The first pages.
(d) The riddles.
9. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The support of her father.
(b) The love of her father.
(c) The hand of her father.
(d) The face of her father.
10. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
11. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Beams.
(b) To create Susannah's world.
(c) To create Roland's world.
(d) To create the Twelve Guardians.
12. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Great Pyramid.
(d) The Washington Monument.
13. Who is Mir?
(a) Susannah's husband.
(b) A spacestation.
(c) The old bear who who lives in the woods where Roland and his friends are camped.
(d) A friend of Roland's.
14. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
(b) Desolation or waste lands.
(d) Pain and death.
15. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
2. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
3. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
4. Who was Gloria?
5. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)