|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) He is psychic.
(b) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(c) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(d) Roland told him.
2. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The rose.
(b) The key.
(c) The bear.
(d) The doll.
3. What is a palaver?
(a) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(b) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(c) A position in the household of a magician.
(d) A type of hat Roland wears.
4. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(b) His mother's.
5. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(b) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(d) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
6. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will be hit by a car.
(b) He will die in Roland's world.
(c) He will win a literary prize.
(d) He will graduate from sixth grade.
7. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(b) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
(c) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
8. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He wants to take it to his mother.
(b) He feels a need to protect it.
(c) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(d) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
9. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A tree.
(c) A hut.
(d) A tent.
10. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The maid.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) A nanny.
11. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) New York between 1963 and 1987.
(b) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(c) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(d) New Orleans, 2004.
12. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(b) Jake fell accidentally.
(c) Jake was never there.
(d) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
13. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's mother.
(b) Eddie's cousin.
(c) Eddie's sister.
(d) Eddie's aunt.
14. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice encourages him to do better.
(b) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(c) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
15. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have beat him up.
(b) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(c) Henry was his big brother.
(d) Henry had a frail ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
3. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
4. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
5. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)