Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
2. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A rose.
(c) A bear.
(d) A key.
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
4. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
(a) The details of Jake's life.
(b) The details of Jake's death.
(c) The directions to the city of Lud.
(d) The directions to the Dark Tower.
5. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
(a) The Great Pyramid.
(b) The Sphinx.
(d) The Washington Monument.
6. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(b) Jake was never there.
(c) Jake fell accidentally.
(d) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
7. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(c) The Stand.
(d) The Hobbit.
8. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
9. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
10. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
(a) A potential tool.
(b) A shape waiting for someone to let it out.
(d) The potential for a weapon.
11. What is a palaver?
(a) A position in the household of a magician.
(b) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(c) A type of hat Roland wears.
(d) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
12. What does Eddie ask for guts to complete in Chapter 18?
(a) The bear.
(b) The doll.
(c) The key.
(d) The rose.
13. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In Eddie's world.
(c) In Jake's world.
(d) Under the mountains.
14. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
(a) He will return to Roland.
(b) He will find his killer.
(c) He will regain his sanity.
(d) He will die.
15. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A walking stick waiting to be used.
(b) A potential tool.
(c) A shape waiting to be carved.
(d) A potential weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
2. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
3. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
4. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
5. Who is Mir?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)