|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks does Jake find on his body in Chapter 4 that he believes happened in his dream?
(a) Scrapes on his hands.
(b) Scrapes on his knees.
(c) Bruises on his side.
(d) Bruises on his head.
2. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
3. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His father.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) His French teacher.
(d) His mother.
4. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) His parents.
(b) Mrs. Shaw.
(c) Mr. Bissette.
(d) Ms. Avery.
5. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(c) His mother's.
6. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
(a) Chicago, Ten Miles.
(b) Traveller, Beyond Lies Mid-World.
(c) Traveller, Beyond Lies Lud.
(d) Leaving New York.
7. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Star.
(b) Old Mother.
(c) A beautiful young woman.
(d) Old Mother's daughter.
8. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
(a) In her wheelchair.
(b) In a sling on Eddie's back.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) In a sling on Roland's back.
9. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry had a frail ego.
(b) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(c) Henry would have beat him up.
(d) Henry was his big brother.
10. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
(a) Her movie ticket.
(b) Her gum.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her tabloid paper.
11. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A key.
(b) A broken tooth.
(c) A rose.
(d) A gun.
12. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(b) He dislikes his father.
(c) He is confused and angry.
(d) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
13. What does Roland tell Susannah protects the speaking ring?
(a) A demon.
(b) A troll.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A guardian.
14. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The turtle.
(b) The lion.
(c) The bear.
(d) The fish.
15. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's aunt.
(b) Eddie's mother.
(c) Eddie's cousin.
(d) Eddie's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
2. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
3. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
4. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
5. What is ka?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)