|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(c) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(d) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
2. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
3. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
(a) The c shape at the tip.
(b) The c shape at the base.
(c) The s shape at the tip.
(d) The s shape at the base.
4. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A phantom from another world.
(b) A mother bear.
(c) A toy.
(d) A robot.
5. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A key.
(b) A rose.
(c) A broken tooth.
(d) A gun.
6. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
(b) Crystal Meth.
7. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
8. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
9. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A closet and a bus station.
(b) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
(c) A dog and a cat.
(d) A beach and a desert.
10. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
11. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) Ms. Avery.
(b) Mr. Bissette.
(c) His parents.
(d) Mrs. Shaw.
12. What marks does Jake find on his body in Chapter 4 that he believes happened in his dream?
(a) Bruises on his side.
(b) Bruises on his head.
(c) Scrapes on his hands.
(d) Scrapes on his knees.
13. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) A day.
(b) For good.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
14. What does Eddie draw in the dirt at the speaking ring in Chapter 25?
(a) A door.
(b) A house.
(c) A rose.
(d) A key.
15. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
(b) Desolation or waste lands.
(c) Pain and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mir?
2. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
3. What is The Mansion?
4. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
5. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)