|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(b) Roland and Susannah together.
2. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
(a) The c shape at the base.
(b) The s shape at the tip.
(c) The c shape at the tip.
(d) The s shape at the base.
3. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
(a) An airport.
(b) A way station.
(c) A subway station.
(d) A bus station.
4. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(b) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(c) New Orleans, 2004.
(d) New York between 1963 and 1987.
5. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(b) His mother's.
6. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to other deminsions.
(b) Doors to his world.
(c) Doors to other countries.
(d) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
7. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A gun.
(b) A broken tooth.
(c) A rose.
(d) A key.
8. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(c) A stranger.
9. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
10. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken tooth.
(b) A rose.
(c) A gun.
(d) The shape of a key.
11. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(c) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(d) To express its use as a book title.
12. What does a voice in Eddie's head tell him in Chapter 1?
(a) To tell Susannah to keep Odetta asleep.
(b) To tell Roland to hold the key to make the voices stop.
(c) To tell Henry the truth about his cruelty.
(d) To tell Jake to stay where he is.
13. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
14. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
15. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The fish.
(b) The turtle.
(c) The bear.
(d) The lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
2. What does the boy in Chapter 3 warn Jake not to do?
3. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
4. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
5. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)