|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
(a) A drum beat.
(b) The hum of machines.
(c) A rock band.
(d) The hum of a train.
2. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A way station.
(c) A subway station.
(d) An airport.
3. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(c) His mother's.
4. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(b) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
(c) The Bookworm.
(d) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
5. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has a large tumor.
(b) It is missing both eyes.
(c) It has an extra mouth.
(d) It has a radar-like dish on it.
6. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Star.
(b) Old Mother.
(c) A beautiful young woman.
(d) Old Mother's daughter.
7. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Two years.
8. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will die in Roland's world.
(b) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(c) He will win a literary prize.
(d) He will be hit by a car.
9. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
(a) A place where the truth of the Dark Tower is hidden.
(b) A place where Eddie nearly died.
(c) A place where Susannah was once tortured.
(d) A place where Detta would go to do bad things.
10. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(b) Yogi Bear.
(c) Garfield the Cat.
(d) King Kong.
11. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have beat him up.
(b) Henry had a frail ego.
(c) Henry was his big brother.
(d) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
12. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
(a) Chicago, Ten Miles.
(b) Traveller, Beyond Lies Lud.
(c) Traveller, Beyond Lies Mid-World.
(d) Leaving New York.
13. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The middle pages.
(b) The first pages.
(c) The answers.
(d) The riddles.
14. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He is confused and angry.
(b) He dislikes his father.
(c) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
(d) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
15. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(b) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(c) The voice encourages him to do better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
2. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
4. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
5. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)