|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake follow the two boys in Chapter 22, Henry and Eddie?
(a) Because he wants to help protect Eddie from his mean brother.
(b) Because he wants to rescue Maryanne.
(c) Because he wants to play with them.
(d) Because Eddie is the guide from his dreams.
2. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(b) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(c) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
(d) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
3. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A rose.
(b) A key.
(c) A gun.
(d) A broken tooth.
4. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(b) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(c) The Bookworm.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
5. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(b) He will die in Roland's world.
(c) He will be hit by a car.
(d) He will win a literary prize.
6. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(c) His mother's.
7. Who is Walter?
(a) The man in black, Roland's nemesis.
(b) Roland's brother.
(c) The man in white, Roland's teacher.
(d) Roland's best friend.
8. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eight years.
9. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
10. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(b) He is psychic.
(c) Roland told him.
(d) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
11. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
(a) In a sling on Roland's back.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) In her wheelchair.
(d) In a sling on Eddie's back.
12. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The answers.
(b) The middle pages.
(c) The riddles.
(d) The first pages.
13. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Bissette.
(b) Mrs. Shaw.
(c) Ms. Avery.
(d) His parents.
14. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
(a) The hum of a train.
(b) A rock band.
(c) The hum of machines.
(d) A drum beat.
15. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(c) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
2. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
3. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
5. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)