Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 1-3
1. What is cruel about the way Roland inspires Susannah to learn to shoot properly?
2. Roland is distracted in the first chapter. What does he tell Susannah is causing this distraction?
3. What noise causes Susannah and Roland to rush back to their camp?
4. Why did Eddie once stop carving objects out of wood?
5. What terrible tragedy took place in Eddie's family that caused his mother to encourage Henry to be Eddie's constant guardian?
This section contains 1,030 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)