|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 6, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
(c) Peg leg.
2. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
(a) Because it has to be better than what Gasher has planned for him.
(b) He hopes it will alert Roland to his location.
(c) He wants to kill Gasher.
(d) He hopes it will make things safer for Roland and the others.
3. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(a) The Bookworm.
(b) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
4. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Bomb.
(b) The Big War.
(c) The Big Depression.
(d) The Big Empty.
5. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
(b) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
(c) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(d) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
2. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
3. Why can Blaine not differentiate between fact and superstition?
4. What is ka?
5. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)