|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 6, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a way-gog?
(a) A musical instrument like the bagpipes.
(b) A type of animal.
(c) A game.
(d) A machine that monitors the health of the monorail.
2. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(c) To express its use as a book title.
(d) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
3. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His pack.
(d) His books.
4. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The bear.
(b) The fish.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The lion.
5. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
(a) To cook on.
(b) To keep warm.
(c) For Eddie to carve by.
(d) To keep the animals away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
2. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
3. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
4. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)