|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
(b) The Plague.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) The Stand.
2. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) Crashing trees.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) The approach of a stranger.
3. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) His father.
(c) His French teacher.
(d) His mother.
4. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The bear.
(b) The lion.
(c) The fish.
(d) The turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
2. What is a palaver?
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
4. Who are the Old People?
5. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)