|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(a) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
(c) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(d) The Bookworm.
2. From whom does Jake get a note in Chapter 20?
(b) Mr. Bissette, his French teacher.
(d) Ms. Avery, his English Comp teacher.
3. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A closet and a bus station.
(b) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
(c) A beach and a desert.
(d) A dog and a cat.
4. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(b) Henry had a frail ego.
(c) Henry would have beat him up.
(d) Henry was his big brother.
5. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The love of her father.
(b) The support of her father.
(c) The hand of her father.
(d) The face of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
2. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
3. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
4. Where is the Great Portal?
5. Who was Gloria?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)