|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
(a) He is confused and angry.
(b) He dislikes his father.
(c) He has changed, feels he no longer belongs here.
(d) He does not want his father to hurt his mother.
2. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(b) To express its use as a book title.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because it is the title of a song.
3. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(b) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(c) The voice encourages him to do better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
4. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
(d) His mother's.
5. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A closet and a bus station.
(b) A dog and a cat.
(c) A beach and a desert.
(d) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
2. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
3. What is unusual about Mir's head?
4. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
5. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)