|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The bear.
(b) The turtle.
(c) The lion.
(d) The fish.
2. What type of watch is Jake wearing in Chapter 18?
3. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will be hit by a car.
(b) He will win a literary prize.
(c) He will die in Roland's world.
(d) He will graduate from sixth grade.
4. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels a need to protect it.
(b) He wants to take it to his mother.
(c) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(d) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
5. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) Leave me alone.
(b) This is crazy.
(c) Everything is still here.
(d) It is all gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Walter?
2. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
3. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
4. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
5. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)