|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have beat him up.
(b) Henry had a frail ego.
(c) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(d) Henry was his big brother.
2. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A potential weapon.
(b) A shape waiting to be carved.
(c) A walking stick waiting to be used.
(d) A potential tool.
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(b) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
4. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's aunt.
(b) Eddie's sister.
(c) Eddie's cousin.
(d) Eddie's mother.
5. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
(a) The details of Jake's life.
(b) The details of Jake's death.
(c) The directions to the Dark Tower.
(d) The directions to the city of Lud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
2. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
3. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
4. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
5. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)