|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A shape waiting to be carved.
(b) A potential weapon.
(c) A potential tool.
(d) A walking stick waiting to be used.
2. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(b) Because it is the title of a song.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) To express its use as a book title.
3. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The love of her father.
(b) The support of her father.
(c) The face of her father.
(d) The hand of her father.
4. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The maid.
5. What is ka?
(a) A map in High Speech.
(b) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(c) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(d) Roland's world in High Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
3. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
4. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)