|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
(a) Tonk mothers.
(b) Honky tonks.
(c) Honk mahfahs.
(d) Mahfah fathers.
2. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(b) Jake fell accidentally.
(c) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(d) Jake was never there.
3. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is her real name.
(b) This is the first name he knew her by.
(c) This is his nickname for her.
(d) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
5. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) He is psychic.
(b) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(c) Roland told him.
(d) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
2. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
3. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
5. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)