|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He wants to take it to his mother.
(b) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(c) He feels a need to protect it.
(d) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
2. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
(b) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(c) In Susannah's world.
(d) In Eddie's world.
3. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
(a) He is seeing people who are not there.
(b) He is hearing voices in his head.
(c) He is having dreams of dual memories.
(d) He is not sleeping.
4. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His father.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) His mother.
(d) His French teacher.
5. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Mother.
(b) Old Star.
(c) Old Mother's daughter.
(d) A beautiful young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
2. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
3. Who was Gloria?
4. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
5. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)