|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
(b) A beach and a desert.
(c) A closet and a bus station.
(d) A dog and a cat.
2. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His French teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) His mother.
3. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The support of her father.
(b) The hand of her father.
(c) The face of her father.
(d) The love of her father.
4. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Mother.
(b) Old Mother's daughter.
(c) Old Star.
(d) A beautiful young woman.
5. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A broken tooth.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rose.
(d) A key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
2. What is a palaver?
3. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
4. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
5. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)