|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels a need to protect it.
(b) He wants to take it to his mother.
(c) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(d) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
2. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The hand of her father.
(b) The support of her father.
(c) The face of her father.
(d) The love of her father.
3. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) The approach of a stranger.
(b) Crashing trees.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Answering gunshots.
4. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
5. What is ka?
(a) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(b) A map in High Speech.
(c) Roland's world in High Speech.
(d) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
2. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
3. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
4. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
5. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)