|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(d) Infectious muscus.
2. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) He is psychic.
(b) Roland told him.
(c) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(d) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
3. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(b) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(c) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(d) Roland's ancestors.
4. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) Old Mother's daughter.
(c) Old Star.
(d) Old Mother.
5. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is his nickname for her.
(b) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
(c) This is the first name he knew her by.
(d) This is her real name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
2. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
3. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
4. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)