|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Walter?
(a) Roland's brother.
(b) Roland's best friend.
(c) The man in black, Roland's nemesis.
(d) The man in white, Roland's teacher.
2. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A hut.
(c) A tent.
(d) A tree.
3. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
4. What does Roland say in Chapter 14 he learned from Jake when he hypnotized him?
(a) The details of Jake's life.
(b) The directions to the city of Lud.
(c) The details of Jake's death.
(d) The directions to the Dark Tower.
5. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(b) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
(c) The voice encourages him to do better.
(d) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
2. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
3. What is a palaver?
4. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
5. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)