|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
(a) The Stand.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(d) The Plague.
2. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
(b) This is her real name.
(c) This is the first name he knew her by.
(d) This is his nickname for her.
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
4. Who is Mir?
(a) A spacestation.
(b) Susannah's husband.
(c) A friend of Roland's.
(d) The old bear who who lives in the woods where Roland and his friends are camped.
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The fish.
(b) The lion.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ka?
2. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
4. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
5. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)