|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What death does the wasp choose in "The Wasp Factory"?
2. Why does Angus give Frank androgen?
3. How does Frank describe the wasp factory after learning she is a girl?
4. Where does Frank meet Jamie in "Space Invaders"?
5. Why does Angus ask Frank to meet him at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank do when he finds Eric in "What Happened to Me"?
2. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
3. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
4. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
5. What does Frank do when he sees the dog on fire in "Running Dog"?
6. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
7. What is the wasp factory?
8. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
9. Why does Frank become angry with his father in "The Prodigal"?
10. Why did Eric's relatives hold an intervention when he was a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What role do dogs play in this novel? What do they represent? How do they drive the plot and the characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)