|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank say made Eric start drinking when he was going to college?
2. When Eric first starts college, what career does he choose?
3. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say the wasp factory is about?
4. What does Frank say insanity is a weak reaction to?
5. When does Eric come home from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
2. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
3. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
4. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
5. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
6. What is the wasp factory?
7. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
8. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
9. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
10. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message is delivered about family in "The Wasp Factory"?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)