|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the one child Eric cared for have a plastic plate in its head?
2. In "Running Dog," where does Frank search after the coast?
3. In "Space Invaders," when does Frank suggest wiping out all of humanity?
4. What is Frank's first impression of his father's study?
5. What does Frank say Eric would push down the clothing of children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What does the wasp factory represent?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)