|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank compare space invaders to?
2. While in Angus' study, what makes Frank cry?
3. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say men should do?
4. What medical condition does Eric suffer from?
5. Why does Angus say he told Frank that she doesn't have a birth certificate?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the technique of having Frank narrate both from childhood memory and the present.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)