|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Frank's bombs explode in "The Prodigal"?
2. In "Space Invaders," when does Frank suggest wiping out all of humanity?
3. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say men should do?
4. Why does Frank consult the factory in "Space Invaders"?
5. In "The Prodigal," what does Frank use his binoculars to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Prodigal," why can't Frank get an answer from Angus about his study?
2. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
3. What happens when Eric calls in "The Wasp Factory"?
4. Why did Eric's relatives hold an intervention when he was a child?
5. What is the wasp factory?
6. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
7. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
8. Why does Frank become angry with his father in "The Prodigal"?
9. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about gender?
10. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of disappointment in this novel. Define theme in your discussion and give specific examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)