|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angus ask Frank to meet him at the library?
2. What is behind each number on the clock?
3. Who does Frank say insanity is for?
4. What does Frank find along with the male hormones in his father's study?
5. In "The Prodigal," why does Frank say his father is a coward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angus tell Frank about his gender?
2. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
3. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about gender?
4. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
5. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
6. What is the wasp factory?
7. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
8. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
9. What does Frank do when he sees the dog on fire in "Running Dog"?
10. What happens when Eric calls in "The Wasp Factory"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do superstitions and rituals play in this novel? Give examples of different superstitions and their meanings.
Essay Topic 2
What does the wasp factory represent?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)