|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angus give Frank androgen?
2. Where does Frank meet Jamie in "Space Invaders"?
3. What is Frank's first impression of his father's study?
4. In "Running Dog," what does Frank say about his feelings for Eric?
5. Why does Frank use his catapult on the dog in "Running Dog"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
2. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
3. What happens when Eric calls in "The Wasp Factory"?
4. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
5. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
6. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about gender?
7. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
8. Why does Frank catch a wasp in "Space Invaders"?
9. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
10. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What message is delivered about family in "The Wasp Factory"?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)