|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank ask Eric on the phone in "The Wasp Factory"?
2. Why does Frank say Eric was transferred to different hospitals?
3. What does Frank find along with the male hormones in his father's study?
4. At the end of "What Happened to Me," what does Frank say about her path?
5. What does Frank say made Eric start drinking when he was going to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
2. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
3. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
4. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
5. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
6. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
7. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
8. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
9. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
10. How was Angus able to convince Frank he was a boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is revenge a theme in this novel? What role does revenge have in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)