|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank use his catapult on the dog in "Running Dog"?
2. What makes Frank question his parents being the same person?
3. In "Space Invaders," how does Frank decide to try to contact Paul?
4. Why does Frank consult the factory in "Space Invaders"?
5. What does Frank see on a phone pole in "The Prodigal"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
2. What is the wasp factory?
3. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
4. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
5. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
6. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
7. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
8. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about gender?
9. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
10. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)