|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Frank say he felt like he started losing Eric as a brother?
2. What medical condition does Eric suffer from?
3. What does Frank find along with the male hormones in his father's study?
4. Who does Frank say insanity is for?
5. In "Running Dog," what does Frank use his binoculars for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank catch a wasp in "Space Invaders"?
2. What is the wasp factory?
3. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
4. Why does Frank become angry with his father in "The Prodigal"?
5. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
6. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
7. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
8. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
9. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
10. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do superstitions and rituals play in this novel? Give examples of different superstitions and their meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two settings in "The Wasp Factory." Explain the significance of setting to the novel.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)