|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank compare space invaders to?
2. What does Frank decide to do to the dam he builds in "Space Invaders"?
3. When Frank catches a wasp in "Space Invaders," where does he keep it?
4. What happened to Eric once he started drinking while going to college?
5. What does Frank find along with the male hormones in his father's study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
2. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
3. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
4. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
5. What does Frank do when he sees the dog on fire in "Running Dog"?
6. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
7. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about gender?
8. In "The Prodigal," why can't Frank get an answer from Angus about his study?
9. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
10. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Frank's places, including his third floor room and bunker. What is the purpose of these places? How do these places impact Frank?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)