|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get the key to Angus' study?
2. At the end of "What Happened to Me," what does Frank say about her path?
3. What medical condition does Eric suffer from?
4. Where does Frank say he got the clock from for the factory?
5. When Frank catches a wasp in "Space Invaders," where does he keep it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
2. What does Frank do when he sees the dog on fire in "Running Dog"?
3. What does Frank do when he finds Eric in "What Happened to Me"?
4. Why did Eric's relatives hold an intervention when he was a child?
5. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
6. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
7. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
8. Why does Frank become angry with his father in "The Prodigal"?
9. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
10. What happens when Eric calls in "The Wasp Factory"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is revenge a theme in this novel? What role does revenge have in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose either Frank, Eric or Angus and analyze what motivates them as a character.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)