|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is behind each number on the clock?
2. In "The Prodigal," why does Frank say his father is a coward?
3. Where does Frank meet Jamie in "Space Invaders"?
4. In "The Prodigal," what does Frank see next to his father's bottle of whiskey?
5. In "Running Dog," what does Frank say a real man handles?
Short Essay Questions
1. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
2. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
3. Why does Frank catch a wasp in "Space Invaders"?
4. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
5. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
6. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
7. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
8. What does Angus tell Frank about his gender?
9. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
10. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do superstitions and rituals play in this novel? Give examples of different superstitions and their meanings.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three of the chapter titles in this novel.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)