|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do to the dam he builds in "Space Invaders"?
2. When does Frank say he felt like he started losing Eric as a brother?
3. Why does Frank consult the factory in "Space Invaders"?
4. What medical condition does Eric suffer from?
5. When Frank catches a wasp in "Space Invaders," where does he keep it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Angus able to convince Frank he was a boy?
2. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
3. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
4. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
5. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
6. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
7. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
8. Why did Eric's relatives hold an intervention when he was a child?
9. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
10. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about gender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the wasp factory represent?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Frank's places, including his third floor room and bunker. What is the purpose of these places? How do these places impact Frank?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)