|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Prodigal," why does Frank say his father is a coward?
2. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say the wasp factory is about?
3. Where does Eric call from in "The Wasp Factory"?
4. Why does the one child Eric cared for have a plastic plate in its head?
5. In "The Prodigal," what does Frank see next to his father's bottle of whiskey?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What role do dogs play in this novel? What do they represent? How do they drive the plot and the characters?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)