|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angus give Frank androgen?
2. What happens when Frank believes he enters Eric's body in "The Wasp Factory"?
3. What death does the wasp choose in "The Wasp Factory"?
4. When does Eric come home from college?
5. In "What Happened to Eric," what does Frank say about Eric's style of clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
2. In "Running Dog," how does Frank explain insanity?
3. Why does Frank catch a wasp in "Space Invaders"?
4. Why does Frank become angry with his father in "The Prodigal"?
5. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
6. In "The Prodigal," why can't Frank get an answer from Angus about his study?
7. How was Angus able to convince Frank he was a boy?
8. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
9. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
10. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
What does the wasp factory represent?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)