|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank say Eric did to the neighbors' dogs when he came home from school?
2. What does Frank ask Eric on the phone in "The Wasp Factory"?
3. What does Frank see on a phone pole in "The Prodigal"?
4. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say is true about his relationship with Eric?
5. At the end of "What Happened to Me," what does Frank say about her path?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the technique of having Frank narrate both from childhood memory and the present.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)