|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do after seeing the animal on fire through his binoculars?
2. Why does Angus give Frank androgen?
3. How does Frank get the key to Angus' study?
4. Why do Frank's bombs explode in "The Prodigal"?
5. When does Eric come home from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
2. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
3. Why does Frank become angry with his father in "The Prodigal"?
4. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
5. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
6. What does Frank mention while playing "Space Invaders" with Jamie?
7. What does Frank do when he finds Eric in "What Happened to Me"?
8. What does Frank find inside Angus' study?
9. How was Angus able to convince Frank he was a boy?
10. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two settings in "The Wasp Factory." Explain the significance of setting to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What role do dogs play in this novel? What do they represent? How do they drive the plot and the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)