|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say about Eric?
2. In "Running Dog," what does Frank use his binoculars for?
3. Why does Frank use his catapult on the dog in "Running Dog"?
4. What does Frank do when he finds Eric sleeping in "What Happened to Me"?
5. What is Frank's first impression of his father's study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
2. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
3. Why did Eric's relatives hold an intervention when he was a child?
4. In "The Prodigal," why can't Frank get an answer from Angus about his study?
5. What does Frank do when he finds Eric in "What Happened to Me"?
6. How was Angus able to convince Frank he was a boy?
7. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
8. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
9. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
10. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
Essay Topic 2
What role do dogs play in this novel? What do they represent? How do they drive the plot and the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)