|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Running Dog," what does Frank say about his feelings for Eric?
2. What does Frank find along with the male hormones in his father's study?
3. Why does Angus say he told Frank that she doesn't have a birth certificate?
4. In "Space Invaders," when does Frank suggest wiping out all of humanity?
5. What does Frank vow to do after getting off the phone with Eric in "The Wasp Factory"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angus tell Frank about his gender?
2. What does Frank think about before falling asleep in "Space Invaders"?
3. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
4. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
5. How was Angus able to convince Frank he was a boy?
6. What is the wasp factory?
7. In "The Prodigal," why can't Frank get an answer from Angus about his study?
8. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
9. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
10. What is strange about the specimen jar Frank finds in Angus' study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of disappointment in this novel. Define theme in your discussion and give specific examples from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)