|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank say fell to the earth after Paul died?
(b) Shards of glass.
(c) Pieces of rock.
(d) Paul's clothing.
2. Why does Frank hate the sea?
(a) Because it is deep.
(b) Because it starts storms.
(c) Because it is unpredictable.
(d) Because it washes things away.
3. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He thought about his mother.
(b) He rubbed sand in his eyes.
(c) He cut himself.
(d) He ran head first into a pole.
4. What did Frank paint on the kite he used to kill Esmeralda?
(a) A dog.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
5. What do people say to Frank when he comes to town?
(a) They try to bless him.
(b) They greet him kindly.
(c) They insult him.
(d) The ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
2. How does Frank's catapult break?
3. Where was Frank while Agnes gave birth?
4. What did Frank do while Agnes was giving birth?
5. Where does Frank meet his friend Jamie in "The Bomb Circle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel about black people?
2. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
3. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
4. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
5. How does Frank blame Agnes for his accident?
6. Why does Frank say he does not "officially" exist?
7. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
8. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
9. What reason does Frank give for killing Paul?
10. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)