|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He hid behind a chair.
(c) He became confused.
(d) He barked at her.
2. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
(a) To protect his house from fire.
(b) To help the beavers.
(c) To make money.
(d) To interfere with the migration of deer.
3. How does Frank say he used to use a sapling as a weapon?
(a) He used to throw bombs off of it.
(b) He used it as a catapult.
(c) He used it to sharpen the sticks for daggars.
(d) He used to poison the leaves.
4. Why does Frank say he killed Esmerelda?
(a) For salvation.
(b) For revenge.
(c) For fun.
(d) For balance.
5. What does Angus say he did when Agnes returned home?
(a) Gave him money to stay at a hotel.
(b) Let her stay.
(c) Kicked her out.
(d) Took her to a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank sometimes go days without showering?
2. What does Frank keep in his bunker?
3. Why does Athelwald Trapley turn the gas on in his house?
4. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank do at the Cauldhame Arms?
5. Why was Old Saul upset when Agnes returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
2. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
3. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
4. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
5. How does Frank feel about black people?
6. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
7. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
8. What does Frank do when he sees the dog on fire in "Running Dog"?
9. How does Frank say Leviticus died?
10. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)