|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eric escape from in "The Sacrifice Poles"?
(b) The hospital.
(c) A bad relationship.
(d) His apartment.
2. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
(a) He hid behind a chair.
(b) He barked at her.
(c) He became confused.
(d) He ran away.
3. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
(a) He likes to read it secretly.
(b) He loves measuring.
(c) He hates quizzes.
(d) He doesn't know about the book.
4. How does Frank's catapult break?
(a) When Frank falls down a hill.
(b) Eric breaks it.
(c) During the fight with the buck.
(d) While Frank is hunting.
5. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
(a) The gods.
(b) The factory.
(c) The fates.
(d) The poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's father refuse to give his son as a gift?
2. Where was Frank while Agnes gave birth?
3. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank tell Eric to avoid on his way home?
4. What is wrong with Frank's birth certificate?
5. What reason did Agnes give for leaving Angus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank admit feeling guilty about in "The Bomb Circle"?
2. What happens when Frank fights with the rabbit in "The Snake Park"?
3. What is suspicious about Angus' study?
4. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
5. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
6. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
7. What are Frank's sacrifice poles?
8. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
9. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
10. How does Frank feel about his father's legs and their injury?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)