|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angus say he did when Agnes returned home?
(a) Took her to a hospital.
(b) Gave him money to stay at a hotel.
(c) Kicked her out.
(d) Let her stay.
2. What does Frank like about the naming ceremony for his catapult?
(a) It brings a sense of calm.
(b) It makes him feel powerful.
(c) It makes him feel blessed.
(d) It lets him use candles.
3. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
(a) In trees.
(b) In rabbit holes.
(c) In his garage.
(d) In someone's mailbox.
4. What does Frank say is the purpose of drinking?
(a) To have fun.
(b) To get drunk.
(c) To learn a lesson.
(d) To become enlightened.
5. Why does Athelwald Trapley turn the gas on in his house?
(a) For heat.
(b) He does it accidentally.
(c) To install a new appliance.
(d) To commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Angus kill Old Saul?
2. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank do at the Cauldhame Arms?
3. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
4. Which uncle does Frank take the blame for his death?
5. Where was Frank while Agnes gave birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
2. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
3. How does Frank try to contact Eric?
4. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
5. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
6. What happens to Old Saul after Frank's accident?
7. How does Frank feel about black people?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
9. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
10. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)