|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank blame on his mother?
(a) His lack of education.
(b) All his difficulties.
(c) All his pain.
(d) His weight issues.
2. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he sometimes feels guilty about?
(b) Not doing right.
(d) Keeping secrets.
3. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He thought about his mother.
(b) He rubbed sand in his eyes.
(c) He ran head first into a pole.
(d) He cut himself.
4. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
(a) He tries to sink it.
(b) He puts it in his pocket.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He looks inside of it.
5. Why did Agnes kick Old Saul?
(a) Because he barked at her.
(b) Because he was running around.
(c) Because he was in her way.
(d) Because he bit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
2. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
3. What happens to Frank during his fight with the buck in "The Snake Park"?
4. What does Frank say his father does in Inverness?
5. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
2. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
3. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
4. What happens to Old Saul after Frank's accident?
5. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
6. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
7. How does Frank feel about black people?
8. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
9. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
10. What is suspicious about Angus' study?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)