|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
(a) He made sacrifices to Saul.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He looked for Saul's skull.
(d) He wanted to see how many he could bury.
2. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
(a) On the third floor.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In a bunker.
3. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
(a) To protect his house from fire.
(b) To interfere with the migration of deer.
(c) To make money.
(d) To help the beavers.
4. What does Frank say fell to the earth after Paul died?
(a) Shards of glass.
(c) Paul's clothing.
(d) Pieces of rock.
5. Where does Frank meet his friend Jamie in "The Bomb Circle"?
(a) A hotel restaurant.
(b) A pub.
(c) A diner.
(d) The bomb circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
2. Why does Frank sometimes put wasps on his alarm clock?
3. What does Frank say he did when Esmeralda's asked him about her disappearance?
4. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
5. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank think about his appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Bunker," how does Frank groom himself?
2. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
3. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
4. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
5. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
6. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
7. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
9. What happens when Frank fights with the rabbit in "The Snake Park"?
10. Why is Frank irritated by the bottle?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)