|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank say is the purpose of drinking?
(a) To learn a lesson.
(b) To become enlightened.
(c) To have fun.
(d) To get drunk.
2. What does Angus record in his measurement book?
(a) Sizes of furniture for work.
(b) The growth of his sons.
(c) The sizes of things in the house.
(d) His growth.
3. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
(a) On the third floor.
(b) In a bunker.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the garage.
4. What does Frank say when Angus accuses him of killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
(a) That he is not Eric.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) That he doesn't do that.
(d) That it is his job.
5. What did Frank say to explain why three relatives died around him?
(a) He never gave an explanation.
(b) He said someone is out to get him.
(c) He said he is jinxed.
(d) He said it's his mother's fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Frank holding onto when the search party for Esmeralda found him?
2. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank do at the Cauldhame Arms?
3. What do people say to Frank when he comes to town?
4. What does Frank believe his father does in his study?
5. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
2. What does Frank do when he sees the dog on fire in "Running Dog"?
3. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
4. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
5. What are Frank's sacrifice poles?
6. How does Frank say Leviticus died?
7. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
8. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
9. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
10. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)