|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
(a) Because the dog is ugly.
(b) Because the dog is in his way.
(c) Because the dog escapes.
(d) Because the dog is loud.
2. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
(a) Run the other direction.
(b) Pretend to try to save her.
(c) Fall to the ground.
(d) Scream for help.
3. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
(a) He tries to sink it.
(b) He puts it in his pocket.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He looks inside of it.
4. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
(a) She is a babysitter.
(b) She is a cook.
(c) She is a housekeeper.
(d) She is a writer.
5. Why does Frank say he used to buy gerbils from the pet store?
(a) To give away to people.
(b) To hunt them.
(c) To keep them as pets.
(d) To eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank say to explain why three relatives died around him?
2. What is wrong with Frank's birth certificate?
3. What does Frank say he started doing after his accident?
4. What reason did Agnes give for leaving Angus?
5. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank's accident?
2. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
3. How does Frank feel about his father's legs and their injury?
4. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
5. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
6. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
7. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
8. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
9. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
10. In "In the Bunker," how does Frank groom himself?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)