|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
(a) In a bunker.
(b) On the third floor.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the garage.
2. How does Athelwald Trapley's house explode?
(a) His stove explodes.
(b) Someone throws a bomb near the house.
(c) He lights a cigarette.
(d) It is struck by lightning.
3. What do people say to Frank when he comes to town?
(a) They try to bless him.
(b) The ignore him.
(c) They insult him.
(d) They greet him kindly.
4. What does Frank say Agnes did after Paul's birth?
(b) Begged Angus for forgiveness.
(c) Hugged Frank.
5. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is a cook.
(c) She is a housekeeper.
(d) She is a babysitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Frank holding onto when the search party for Esmeralda found him?
2. Why does Angus walk with a stick?
3. What does Frank say he hoped happened to Esmeralda?
4. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he is prejudiced against?
5. What does Angus do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
2. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
3. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
4. How does Frank blame Agnes for his accident?
5. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
6. What is Frank's accident?
7. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
8. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
9. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
10. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)