|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank say he hoped happened to Esmeralda?
(a) That she survived.
(b) That she was eaten by sharks.
(c) That she hit a mountain.
(d) That she died of starvation.
2. Where does Eric escape from in "The Sacrifice Poles"?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A bad relationship.
3. How does Athelwald Trapley end up dying?
(a) A car accident.
(b) He drowns.
(c) From the explosion.
(d) Smoke inhalation.
4. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) It makes him sad.
(c) It makes him feel like he is in trouble.
(d) It makes him feel safe.
5. How does Frank say he felt when he found Saul's skull in the backyard?
6. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He made sacrifices to Saul.
(c) He looked for Saul's skull.
(d) He wanted to see how many he could bury.
7. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
(a) Because someone is watching him.
(b) Because he can't visit them.
(c) Because they are in good order.
(d) Because they fell over.
8. When Agnes returned to Angus' house, how pregnant was she?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
9. When did Agnes return to Angus' house?
(a) Four years after leaving him.
(b) Three years after leaving him.
(c) One year after leaving him.
(d) Two years after leaving him.
10. After hearing the dog in the phone booth with Eric, what does Frank decide about dogs?
(a) They only respond to humans.
(b) All of them are evil.
(c) All of them are not the problem.
(d) They are out to get him.
11. Why does Athelwald Trapley turn the gas on in his house?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) For heat.
(c) To install a new appliance.
(d) He does it accidentally.
12. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Eric tell Frank about his location when he calls?
(a) He won't say where he is.
(b) He says he is at a truck stop.
(c) He says he is outside the house.
(d) He says he is in a different state.
13. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
(a) She is a babysitter.
(b) She is a housekeeper.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is a writer.
14. What does Frank sit and think about in his bunker?
(a) His bombs.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His catapult.
15. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
(a) To make money.
(b) To help the beavers.
(c) To interfere with the migration of deer.
(d) To protect his house from fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get to and from town?
2. What did Frank say to explain why three relatives died around him?
3. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
4. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he is prejudiced against?
5. What did Frank do while Agnes was giving birth?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)