|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Frank when he killed Esmeralda?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
2. What did Frank paint on the kite he used to kill Esmeralda?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A chicken.
3. What does Frank say he hoped happened to Esmeralda?
(a) That she died of starvation.
(b) That she survived.
(c) That she was eaten by sharks.
(d) That she hit a mountain.
4. How does Frank describe his existence in "Sacrifice Poles"?
5. Where was Frank while Agnes gave birth?
(a) Asleep in his bed.
(b) Hiding in the car.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) In the kitchen.
6. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A police officer.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
7. How old was Frank when he killed Paul?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
8. Why does Frank sometimes put wasps on his alarm clock?
(a) To see how long they stay there.
(b) So the bells smash them.
(c) Because he collects insects.
(d) To frighten his father.
9. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
(a) He likes to read it secretly.
(b) He loves measuring.
(c) He hates quizzes.
(d) He doesn't know about the book.
10. Why does Athelwald Trapley turn the gas on in his house?
(a) To install a new appliance.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) He does it accidentally.
(d) For heat.
11. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
(a) Because they are in good order.
(b) Because they fell over.
(c) Because he can't visit them.
(d) Because someone is watching him.
12. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
(a) The gods.
(b) The factory.
(c) The poles.
(d) The fates.
13. Why doesn't Frank go into Angus' study?
(a) It's empty.
(b) Angus doesn't let him in.
(c) It smells weird.
(d) It's always locked.
14. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
(a) In trees.
(b) In rabbit holes.
(c) In his garage.
(d) In someone's mailbox.
15. Why does Frank say he used to buy gerbils from the pet store?
(a) To keep them as pets.
(b) To hunt them.
(c) To give away to people.
(d) To eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
2. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
3. Why does Jamie sit on Frank's shoulders in "The Bomb Circle"?
4. What marriage was Agnes for Angus?
5. What does Angus say after asking his son about killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)