|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
(a) He puts it in his pocket.
(b) He tries to sink it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He looks inside of it.
2. What does Frank say he started doing after his accident?
(a) Hating his mother.
(b) Killing his relatives.
(c) Killing small animals.
(d) Going to church.
3. Why does Athelwald Trapley turn the gas on in his house?
(a) To install a new appliance.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) For heat.
(d) He does it accidentally.
4. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank do at the Cauldhame Arms?
(a) Hits a girl.
(b) Eats dinner without paying.
(c) Drinks too much.
(d) Buys explosives.
5. What must Frank do to get to Rabbit Grounds?
(a) Take a boat.
(b) Go through a tunnel.
(c) Cross a bridge.
(d) Climb a tree.
6. Why does Angus walk with a stick?
(a) To hit people with as he passes.
(b) To help him balance.
(c) The stick belonged to his father.
(d) To make sound as he walks.
7. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
(a) Run the other direction.
(b) Scream for help.
(c) Fall to the ground.
(d) Pretend to try to save her.
8. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
(a) A police officer.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) A lawyer.
9. How old was Frank when he killed Esmeralda?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
10. What does Frank say Paul hit the German mortar with?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A log.
(c) A plank.
(d) A shovel.
11. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
(a) The fates.
(b) The factory.
(c) The gods.
(d) The poles.
12. Which uncle does Frank take the blame for his death?
(c) None of them.
13. What name does Frank give Old Saul?
(a) The differentiator.
(b) The mitigator.
(c) The taker.
(d) The castrator.
14. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
(a) Because the dog escapes.
(b) Because the dog is loud.
(c) Because the dog is ugly.
(d) Because the dog is in his way.
15. Why does Frank hate women?
(a) Because they are smarter than he is.
(b) Because they are pretty.
(c) Because they are kind.
(d) Because they are weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Frank while Agnes gave birth?
2. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say about the people inside him?
3. What is similar between Eric's mother and Frank's mother?
4. What marriage was Agnes for Angus?
5. Why was Old Saul upset when Agnes returned?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)