|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Athelwald Trapley's house explode?
(a) His stove explodes.
(b) Someone throws a bomb near the house.
(c) He lights a cigarette.
(d) It is struck by lightning.
2. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
(a) He hid behind a chair.
(b) He barked at her.
(c) He became confused.
(d) He ran away.
3. Why does Frank say he used to buy gerbils from the pet store?
(a) To eat them.
(b) To hunt them.
(c) To give away to people.
(d) To keep them as pets.
4. Where does Frank remember Paul's death?
(a) On the way to the bomb circle.
(b) While telling someone about the bomb circle.
(c) While sleeping in the bomb circle.
(d) After leaving the bomb circle.
5. What did Frank do while Agnes was giving birth?
(d) Stabbed himself.
6. What does Frank say he did to appear distraught after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He pretended to hurt himself.
(c) He faked nightmares.
(d) He started going to church.
7. What was Frank holding onto when the search party for Esmeralda found him?
(a) A bunch of flowers.
(b) A handful of sand.
(c) Esmerelda's shoe.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
8. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) It makes him angry.
(c) It makes him feel safe.
(d) It makes him feel like he is in trouble.
9. What does Frank say is the purpose of drinking?
(a) To become enlightened.
(b) To learn a lesson.
(c) To have fun.
(d) To get drunk.
10. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he sometimes feels guilty about?
(a) Keeping secrets.
(c) Not doing right.
11. Why does Frank say he killed Esmerelda?
(a) For salvation.
(b) For fun.
(c) For balance.
(d) For revenge.
12. Where does Frank say his father got the cordite from?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) The local college.
(d) His work.
13. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A lawyer.
14. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is a cook.
(c) She is a babysitter.
(d) She is a housekeeper.
15. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He thought about his mother.
(b) He ran head first into a pole.
(c) He rubbed sand in his eyes.
(d) He cut himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athelwald Trapley end up dying?
2. How does Frank describe his existence in "Sacrifice Poles"?
3. What must Frank do to get to Rabbit Grounds?
4. What reason did Agnes give for leaving Angus?
5. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)