|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank say fell to the earth after Paul died?
(a) Paul's clothing.
(c) Shards of glass.
(d) Pieces of rock.
2. What does Angus do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is a carpenter.
3. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
(a) On the third floor.
(b) In a bunker.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the basement.
4. What reason did Agnes give for leaving Angus?
(a) She didn't give an explanation.
(b) He was dangerous to be around.
(c) He was too weird.
(d) She was a poor mother.
5. How does Athelwald Trapley's house explode?
(a) Someone throws a bomb near the house.
(b) It is struck by lightning.
(c) His stove explodes.
(d) He lights a cigarette.
6. What is wrong with Frank's birth certificate?
(a) It is full of lies.
(b) It is missing.
(c) It isn't signed.
(d) He doesn't have one.
7. What marriage was Agnes for Angus?
(a) His third.
(b) His second.
(c) His fourth.
(d) His first.
8. What does Frank say is the purpose of drinking?
(a) To learn a lesson.
(b) To become enlightened.
(c) To get drunk.
(d) To have fun.
9. Which uncle does Frank take the blame for his death?
(b) None of them.
10. What does Frank say his father does in Inverness?
(a) Sees a doctor.
(b) Visits a mistress.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) Mysterious work.
11. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
(a) Because the dog is ugly.
(b) Because the dog escapes.
(c) Because the dog is in his way.
(d) Because the dog is loud.
12. Why does Frank not know his mother well?
(a) She died when he was young.
(b) She kept her life a secret.
(c) She rarely calls him.
(d) She left when he was young.
13. What does Frank say he did to appear distraught after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He faked nightmares.
(b) He started going to church.
(c) He pretended to hurt himself.
(d) He ran away.
14. How does Frank describe the murders of his three relatives?
(a) As a game.
(b) As his pride.
(c) As a phase.
(d) As a mistake.
15. How old was Frank when he killed Esmeralda?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get to and from town?
2. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Eric tell Frank about his location when he calls?
3. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
4. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
5. What does Frank do before falling asleep in "Sacrifice Poles"?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)