|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Eric tell Frank about his location when he calls?
(a) He says he is outside the house.
(b) He says he is in a different state.
(c) He won't say where he is.
(d) He says he is at a truck stop.
2. What do people say to Frank when he comes to town?
(a) They greet him kindly.
(b) They insult him.
(c) The ignore him.
(d) They try to bless him.
3. What does Frank use to trap wasps in wax?
(a) Old crayons.
(c) Used candles.
(d) A candle making kit.
4. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He made sacrifices to Saul.
(c) He wanted to see how many he could bury.
(d) He looked for Saul's skull.
5. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He ran head first into a pole.
(b) He thought about his mother.
(c) He cut himself.
(d) He rubbed sand in his eyes.
6. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
(a) The poles.
(b) The fates.
(c) The factory.
(d) The gods.
7. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
(a) He tries to sink it.
(b) He looks inside of it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He puts it in his pocket.
8. What does Frank say he believed about Paul's soul?
(a) It was really Old Saul.
(b) It was better loved.
(c) It was old.
(d) It was tarnished.
9. What nickname does Frank give his friend Jamie?
(a) Jamie the dwarf.
(b) Jamie the fool.
(c) Jamie the judge.
(d) Jamie the drunkard.
10. What was Frank holding onto when the search party for Esmeralda found him?
(a) A handful of sand.
(b) Esmerelda's shoe.
(c) A bunch of flowers.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
11. What is wrong with Frank's birth certificate?
(a) He doesn't have one.
(b) It is full of lies.
(c) It is missing.
(d) It isn't signed.
12. What does Frank hear Eric do to a dog over the phone?
(a) Slap it.
(b) Yell at it.
(c) Torture it.
(d) Ignore it.
13. What does Frank say his father does in Inverness?
(a) Sees a doctor.
(b) Mysterious work.
(c) Visits a mistress.
(d) Volunteer work.
14. What does Frank say he hoped happened to Esmeralda?
(a) That she hit a mountain.
(b) That she survived.
(c) That she died of starvation.
(d) That she was eaten by sharks.
15. What does Frank keep in his bunker?
(d) Animal skulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
2. Why doesn't Frank go into Angus' study?
3. When did Agnes return to Angus' house?
4. How old was Frank when he killed Paul?
5. What does Frank sit and think about in his bunker?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)