|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
(a) In rabbit holes.
(b) In his garage.
(c) In someone's mailbox.
(d) In trees.
2. Where are Frank and Paul when they find the German mortar?
(a) The beach.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) The woods.
(d) In town.
3. What does Frank's father refuse to give his son as a gift?
(a) A set of books.
(b) A motorbike.
(d) A chemistry kit.
4. Where does Frank say his father got the cordite from?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His work.
(d) The local college.
5. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
(a) He looks inside of it.
(b) He tries to sink it.
(c) He puts it in his pocket.
(d) He ignores it.
6. What does Frank sit and think about in his bunker?
(a) His bombs.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His catapult.
7. What does Frank say he believed about Paul's soul?
(a) It was better loved.
(b) It was really Old Saul.
(c) It was old.
(d) It was tarnished.
8. What does Frank say is the purpose of drinking?
(a) To become enlightened.
(b) To have fun.
(c) To learn a lesson.
(d) To get drunk.
9. How does Frank say he used to use a sapling as a weapon?
(a) He used it to sharpen the sticks for daggars.
(b) He used to throw bombs off of it.
(c) He used it as a catapult.
(d) He used to poison the leaves.
10. How does Frank get to and from town?
(a) A car.
(b) A bus.
(c) A bike.
(d) A train.
11. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank blame on his mother?
(a) His weight issues.
(b) All his difficulties.
(c) His lack of education.
(d) All his pain.
12. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
(a) Because someone is watching him.
(b) Because they fell over.
(c) Because he can't visit them.
(d) Because they are in good order.
13. Why does Frank say he killed Esmerelda?
(a) For fun.
(b) For revenge.
(c) For balance.
(d) For salvation.
14. What must Frank do to reach Rabbit Grounds?
(a) Cross a bridge.
(b) Climb trees.
(c) Take a boat.
(d) Crawl through a tunnel.
15. When did Angus kill Old Saul?
(a) After Paul was born.
(b) When Frank was five.
(c) After he bit a neighbor.
(d) When Agnes asked him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Frank during his fight with the buck in "The Snake Park"?
2. What does Angus say after asking his son about killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
3. How does Frank say he felt when he found Saul's skull in the backyard?
4. What does Frank say he started doing after his accident?
5. After hearing the dog in the phone booth with Eric, what does Frank decide about dogs?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)