Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) It makes him angry.
(c) It makes him feel like he is in trouble.
(d) It makes him feel safe.
2. What does Frank say probably happened to Esmeralda?
(a) She survived the ordeal.
(b) She got caught up in trees.
(c) She landed in the sea.
(d) She never came down from the kite.
3. Why doesn't Frank go into Angus' study?
(a) It's always locked.
(b) Angus doesn't let him in.
(c) It smells weird.
(d) It's empty.
4. What does Frank use to trap wasps in wax?
(b) A candle making kit.
(c) Used candles.
(d) Old crayons.
5. What does Frank say he believed about Paul's soul?
(a) It was better loved.
(b) It was really Old Saul.
(c) It was old.
(d) It was tarnished.
6. Why does Frank sometimes go days without showering?
(a) If he is too tired.
(b) If the water doesn't work.
(c) If he is too busy.
(d) If he needs toe jam.
7. Why does Frank not know his mother well?
(a) She kept her life a secret.
(b) She died when he was young.
(c) She rarely calls him.
(d) She left when he was young.
8. Where does Eric escape from in "The Sacrifice Poles"?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The hospital.
(d) A bad relationship.
9. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Eric tell Frank about his location when he calls?
(a) He says he is outside the house.
(b) He says he is at a truck stop.
(c) He won't say where he is.
(d) He says he is in a different state.
10. What does Angus say after asking his son about killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
(a) That Frank needs to be watched.
(b) That Frank should move out.
(c) That Frank makes too many mistakes.
(d) That Frank should be hospitalized.
11. What does Frank burn the wasp on top of?
(a) Sugar and salt.
(b) Chemicals and books.
(c) Sugar and chemicals.
(d) Books and salt.
12. Where was Frank while Agnes gave birth?
(a) Hiding in the car.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) Asleep in his bed.
13. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
(a) He wanted to see how many he could bury.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He looked for Saul's skull.
(d) He made sacrifices to Saul.
14. What does Frank say Paul hit the German mortar with?
(a) A log.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A plank.
(d) A baseball bat.
15. Where did Leviticus die?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank do while Agnes was giving birth?
2. How old was Frank when he killed Paul?
3. What does Mrs. Clamp do for a living?
4. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
5. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)