|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athelwald Trapley turn the gas on in his house?
(a) To install a new appliance.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) For heat.
(d) He does it accidentally.
2. In "The Snake Park," what does Frank take as an omen?
(a) His father's absence.
(b) Eric's return.
(c) The bombs not exploding.
(d) His fight with the buck.
3. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
(a) Because they are in good order.
(b) Because someone is watching him.
(c) Because he can't visit them.
(d) Because they fell over.
4. After hearing the dog in the phone booth with Eric, what does Frank decide about dogs?
(a) They are out to get him.
(b) All of them are evil.
(c) All of them are not the problem.
(d) They only respond to humans.
5. What does Frank say he did when Esmeralda's asked him about her disappearance?
(a) He pretended to be confused.
(b) He blamed the wind.
(c) He cried.
(d) He said nothing.
6. What does Frank's father refuse to give his son as a gift?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A set of books.
(d) A chemistry kit.
7. What name does Frank give Old Saul?
(a) The differentiator.
(b) The castrator.
(c) The taker.
(d) The mitigator.
8. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
(a) He loves measuring.
(b) He likes to read it secretly.
(c) He hates quizzes.
(d) He doesn't know about the book.
9. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) It makes him angry.
(c) It makes him feel like he is in trouble.
(d) It makes him feel safe.
10. What did Frank say to explain why three relatives died around him?
(a) He said he is jinxed.
(b) He said someone is out to get him.
(c) He said it's his mother's fault.
(d) He never gave an explanation.
11. What is wrong with Frank's birth certificate?
(a) It is full of lies.
(b) It isn't signed.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) It is missing.
12. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
(a) The gods.
(b) The factory.
(c) The poles.
(d) The fates.
13. What does Frank say Agnes did after Paul's birth?
(a) Hugged Frank.
(d) Begged Angus for forgiveness.
14. What does Frank say is the purpose of drinking?
(a) To have fun.
(b) To become enlightened.
(c) To learn a lesson.
(d) To get drunk.
15. Why does Frank hate the sea?
(a) Because it is unpredictable.
(b) Because it washes things away.
(c) Because it is deep.
(d) Because it starts storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angus do for a living?
2. What must Frank do to get to Rabbit Grounds?
3. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
4. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank tell Eric to avoid on his way home?
5. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)