|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank burn the wasp on top of?
(a) Chemicals and books.
(b) Books and salt.
(c) Sugar and chemicals.
(d) Sugar and salt.
2. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
(a) He hates quizzes.
(b) He likes to read it secretly.
(c) He doesn't know about the book.
(d) He loves measuring.
3. After talking with Eric and hearing the dog in the background, what does Frank say he needs to help him?
(a) The fates.
(b) The poles.
(c) The factory.
(d) The gods.
4. What did Angus discover Old Saul did to Frank?
(a) Destroyed his skull collection.
(b) Ripped apart his belongings.
(c) Attacked him.
(d) Bit his friend.
5. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
(a) His father.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) His uncle.
6. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
(a) Scream for help.
(b) Pretend to try to save her.
(c) Run the other direction.
(d) Fall to the ground.
7. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
(a) In rabbit holes.
(b) In trees.
(c) In his garage.
(d) In someone's mailbox.
8. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
(a) Because they fell over.
(b) Because someone is watching him.
(c) Because they are in good order.
(d) Because he can't visit them.
9. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
(a) To help the beavers.
(b) To interfere with the migration of deer.
(c) To protect his house from fire.
(d) To make money.
10. In "The Snake Park," what does Frank take as an omen?
(a) Eric's return.
(b) The bombs not exploding.
(c) His father's absence.
(d) His fight with the buck.
11. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
(a) He hid behind a chair.
(b) He barked at her.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He became confused.
12. How does Frank describe his existence in "Sacrifice Poles"?
13. What animal does Frank say Esmeralda may have eaten her?
14. Who does Mr. Mackenzie ask Frank about in "In the Bunker"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
15. What does Frank say he started doing after his accident?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Hating his mother.
(c) Killing small animals.
(d) Killing his relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank say he felt when he found Saul's skull in the backyard?
2. What body part does Frank say Blythe lost in an accident?
3. What do people say to Frank when he comes to town?
4. What name does Frank give Old Saul?
5. What is similar between Eric's mother and Frank's mother?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)