|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank say he did when Esmeralda's asked him about her disappearance?
(a) He cried.
(b) He blamed the wind.
(c) He said nothing.
(d) He pretended to be confused.
2. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
(a) He became confused.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He hid behind a chair.
(d) He barked at her.
3. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He ran head first into a pole.
(b) He cut himself.
(c) He thought about his mother.
(d) He rubbed sand in his eyes.
4. Where does Frank meet his friend Jamie in "The Bomb Circle"?
(a) The bomb circle.
(b) A pub.
(c) A hotel restaurant.
(d) A diner.
5. What marriage was Agnes for Angus?
(a) His second.
(b) His fourth.
(c) His third.
(d) His first.
6. Where does Eric escape from in "The Sacrifice Poles"?
(b) His apartment.
(c) A bad relationship.
(d) The hospital.
7. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
(a) To interfere with the migration of deer.
(b) To help the beavers.
(c) To protect his house from fire.
(d) To make money.
8. How does Frank's catapult break?
(a) When Frank falls down a hill.
(b) While Frank is hunting.
(c) Eric breaks it.
(d) During the fight with the buck.
9. Which uncle does Frank take the blame for his death?
(c) None of them.
10. Why does Frank sometimes put wasps on his alarm clock?
(a) To frighten his father.
(b) To see how long they stay there.
(c) Because he collects insects.
(d) So the bells smash them.
11. What does Frank say fell to the earth after Paul died?
(a) Paul's clothing.
(b) Shards of glass.
(d) Pieces of rock.
12. What did Frank paint on the kite he used to kill Esmeralda?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A dog.
13. Where does Frank say his father got the cordite from?
(a) His uncle.
(b) The local college.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His work.
14. Where did Leviticus die?
(d) South Africa.
15. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank think about his appearance?
(a) He thinks he is fat.
(b) He thinks he is short.
(c) He thinks he is smart looking.
(d) He thinks he is attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Old Saul upset when Agnes returned?
2. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
3. What does Frank's father refuse to give his son as a gift?
4. What does Frank say he started doing after his accident?
5. What does Angus say after asking his son about killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)