|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Frank give Old Saul?
(a) The mitigator.
(b) The differentiator.
(c) The taker.
(d) The castrator.
2. What reason did Agnes give for leaving Angus?
(a) She didn't give an explanation.
(b) He was too weird.
(c) He was dangerous to be around.
(d) She was a poor mother.
3. How does Frank describe his existence in "Sacrifice Poles"?
4. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
(a) His father.
(b) A police officer.
(c) His uncle.
(d) A lawyer.
5. How does Frank's catapult break?
(a) While Frank is hunting.
(b) Eric breaks it.
(c) During the fight with the buck.
(d) When Frank falls down a hill.
6. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
(a) Because the dog escapes.
(b) Because the dog is in his way.
(c) Because the dog is ugly.
(d) Because the dog is loud.
7. What does Frank like about the naming ceremony for his catapult?
(a) It lets him use candles.
(b) It brings a sense of calm.
(c) It makes him feel blessed.
(d) It makes him feel powerful.
8. What does Frank say he did to appear distraught after Esmeralda's death?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He started going to church.
(c) He pretended to hurt himself.
(d) He faked nightmares.
9. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank think about his appearance?
(a) He thinks he is smart looking.
(b) He thinks he is attractive.
(c) He thinks he is short.
(d) He thinks he is fat.
10. What did Angus discover Old Saul did to Frank?
(a) Bit his friend.
(b) Ripped apart his belongings.
(c) Attacked him.
(d) Destroyed his skull collection.
11. What does Frank do when a bottle washes up on the beach?
(a) He looks inside of it.
(b) He tries to sink it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He puts it in his pocket.
12. What does Frank say his father does in Inverness?
(a) Visits a mistress.
(b) Sees a doctor.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) Mysterious work.
13. What does Frank say he did after the kite lifted Esmeralda in the air?
(a) Run the other direction.
(b) Scream for help.
(c) Fall to the ground.
(d) Pretend to try to save her.
14. What does Frank say fell to the earth after Paul died?
(a) Pieces of rock.
(b) Shards of glass.
(c) Paul's clothing.
15. What does Angus say after asking his son about killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
(a) That Frank makes too many mistakes.
(b) That Frank should be hospitalized.
(c) That Frank needs to be watched.
(d) That Frank should move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank say when Angus accuses him of killing animals in "Sacrifice Poles"?
2. What does Angus record in his measurement book?
3. How did Old Saul respond to Agnes kicking him?
4. Where are Frank and Paul when they find the German mortar?
5. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)