|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darwin see plants and animals similar to what he saw on the plains of Patagonia?
2. Headed back towards Chiloe, what does Darwin observe at night?
3. What is the strange phenomenon Darwin sees at the mountain summit?
4. What unusual thing exists on another island some miles away from Keeling Island?
5. Who are the six sailors who show up at the Beagle?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about a scientific trip you would like to make. Zero in on one geographical area you would like to visit and do scientific research. In your essay, express how you would prepare for such an expedition.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing and contrasting the gaucho with the North American cowboy. In the contrast be sure to include the gaucho's use of the bola. Give your opinion as to which of the two you find most interesting.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on man's disruption of natural ecology by introducing species to an area where they do not naturally belong. Use examples of this as seen by Darwin on his scientific voyage. Conclude in your essay why humans are responsible for preserving the ecosystems of the world.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)