Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the modern name of the large island off the eastern coast of Africa, known at the time Darwin was there as the Isle of France?
2. On his second attempt, what is Capt. Fitz Roy able to navigate successfully?
3. How does Darwin compare the natives of New Zealand to the Tahitians?
4. What is located at the Bay of Valparaiso?
5. Who demonstrates their prowess with their spears launched with throwing sticks?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating Darwin as a sociologist. Define how objective he is in writing about other cultures. Be sure to give references from his book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about trying different kinds of food. Using Darwin's experiences of eating things like puma meat and tree fungus, discuss how different cultures have different culinary habits. Include any experience you have had in trying a food you had never eaten before. Explain in your essay how adventurous you are (or are not) in trying unusual foods.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the part volcanoes have played in the formation of land areas on the earth. Although usually looked at as something dangerous and terrible, discuss the contributions volcanoes have played in forming island territories and the fertility and shape of land areas. In your essay mention some active volcanoes today.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)