|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the unusually tall people compared to other natives of the area?
(a) the Incas
(b) the Argentinians
(c) the Tierrans
(d) the Patagonians
2. What is a principal industry of Chile that Darwin observes?
(a) mining copper and gold
(b) jewelry making
(c) ship building
(d) iron smelting
3. After the miserable climate around Tierra del Fuego, what does Darwin enjoy about Chile?
(a) the hot desert climate
(b) the clear, dry and warm weather
(c) the calm sea and white beaches
(d) the gentle, constant rains
4. What does Darwin see at Chatham Island?
(a) large pelicans along the coast
(b) thriving fishing villages
(c) rock dwelling monkeys
(d) huge tortoises weighing up to 200 pounds
5. Arriving in Matavai Bay, what do they see coming toward the Beagle?
(a) many canoes launching from Tahiti
(b) floating logs from a recent tsunami
(c) schools of porpoises
(d) Tahitians swimming out to greet them
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Darwin been at sea by the time he visits New Zealand?
2. What theory of Darwin's after observing the atolls is still considered valid today?
3. Where is the Beagle after passing through the Strait of Magellan?
4. How are Darwin and his Tahitian guides able to get inland on the island?
5. What turns out to be a raised plain about 3,000 feet above sea level?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)