|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the composition of the Cape de Verd Islands?
(a) volcanic geology and not much vegetation
(b) tectonic geology and biological diversity
(c) tectonic geology with sparce vegetation
(d) volcanic geology with lush vegetation
2. What are two important items used by the gauchos?
(a) rifles and bows
(b) knives and pistols
(c) blow guns and spears
(d) the lazo (lasso) and the bola
3. Where do seals and penguins surround the ship and make noises that resemble cattle?
(a) just of the coast from Rio de Janeiro
(b) off the coast of Antarctica
(c) the Plata estuary
(d) headed north from Rio de Janeiro
4. What is Darwin's profession?
(a) a 19th century chemist
(b) a 19th century map maker
(c) a 19th century naturalist
(d) a 19th century ship's captain
5. What is the sociological condition in Brazil that disturbs Darwin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darwin see camphor, pepper, cinnamon and clove trees, along with breadfruit, jaca and mango?
2. On the way after Monte Video, what surrounds the Beagle?
3. How does Darwin surmise the butterflies and insects got to where the Beagle is?
4. What does Darwin observe that is formed by lightning hitting the hills and traversing through the sand?
5. What are the dates of Charles Darwin's life span?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darwin surmise about the geology of St. Jago?
2. On his trip to Buenos Aires, What does Darwin have to observe?
3. How is Darwin stunned by the docility of a large male slave?
4. Why does Darwin not stay long at Bahia Blanca?
5. What problem ensues after the Portuguese priest makes a kill in the forest?
6. Relate the circumstances of returning natives of Tierra del Fuego island.
7. Describe the beginning of Darwin's trip around the world.
8. How does Darwin react to the selling of children as slaves as opposed to what the soldiers and the settlers think about it.
9. Why is Darwin fascinated to find the flatworm in the mud around the salt lake?
10. How do the people of Uruguay receive Darwin and what does he notice there?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)