|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin discover about fifteen miles from Patagones?
(a) a volcanic crater
(b) a salt lake
(c) a tar pit
(d) a sand dune mountain
2. After leaving Las Minas, what does Darwin see near marble outcroppings?
(a) kangaroos and wallabies
(b) giant land turtles
(c) pygmie hippopotamuses
(d) large flocks of ostriches roaming the land
3. What does Darwin write that he found along the banks of the Santa Cruz River?
(a) prehistoric fossils
(b) kangaroo tracks
(c) large apes
(d) nothing new or of great interest
4. Where does Darwin see camphor, pepper, cinnamon and clove trees, along with breadfruit, jaca and mango?
(a) in a Brazilian marketplace
(b) the edge of the sea
(c) deep in the Brazilian jungle
(d) the Botanical Garden
5. What is the composition of Sierra de la Ventana?
(a) largely limestone
(b) largely white quartz
(c) mostly ignecious rock
(d) mostly granite
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal life does Darwin observe on the trail?
2. Where does Darwin see a rocky, steep hill jutting about 1,000 feet into the sky?
3. In addition to the volcanic formation of St. Domingo, what does Darwin notice about the island?
4. What does Darwin see along the way where robbers hide and cattle can be lost?
5. What does Darwin find that thrives in the area around the salt lakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly tell about the waterfowl Darwin catalogs on East Falkland Island.
2. Describe two species of birds Darwin locates after he finds the fossils.
3. What occurs in the Plata estuary?
4. How do the people of Uruguay receive Darwin and what does he notice there?
5. How does Darwin regard the Brazilian horses?
6. Who does Darwin encounter at Las Minas and how does he size them up?
7. Relate the circumstances of returning natives of Tierra del Fuego island.
8. Why is Darwin fascinated to find the flatworm in the mud around the salt lake?
9. At the first stop after Sao Jago, what are Darwin's observations?
10. What does Darwin have to say about the Brazilian rain forest?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)