|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dates of Charles Darwin's life span?
(a) May 14, 1850 to June 19, 1922
(b) Feb. 12, 1809 to April 19, 1882
(c) Jan. 6, 1818 to Dec. 3, 1900
(d) Aug. 12, 1829 to Feb. 20, 1903
2. What theory about volcanic activity and earthquakes does Darwin form that is years ahead of his time?
(a) fault lines come from underwater volcanoes
(b) fissures run along the same direction as the earthquake fault line
(c) volcanoes create fault lines in the earth
(d) volcanic activity has nothing to do with earthquakes
3. How does Darwin attempt to communicate with a large black man on a ferry?
(b) draws pictures
(c) talks loud and makes hand gestures
(d) points to what he wants
4. What does Darwin speculate about the continents?
(a) why they are so different
(b) shifts in the earth's teutonic plates
(c) a land bridge across what is now the Bering Strait
(d) volcanic anctions in all of them
5. What does Darwin do during his three-day stay in Socego?
(a) climbs trees
(b) catch up on his sleep
(c) go hungry
(d) collects insects within the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the host at the Hacienda de San Isidro provide for Darwin?
2. What is a particular riding skill of a gaucho?
3. What does Darwin see from the Blue Mountains?
4. What do the inhabitants of a ranch north of the Polanco River find interesting when Darwin arrives?
5. What does Darwin see at Punta Alta?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)