|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin do during his three-day stay in Socego?
(a) go hungry
(b) catch up on his sleep
(c) climbs trees
(d) collects insects within the forest
2. What do Darwin and his gaucho companion hear at the Sauce outpost?
(a) stories about strange animals in that area
(b) stories about a Spanish warship
(c) stories about the battles between the army and natives
(d) stories about a volcanic eruption in another area
3. What does the evening meal consist of at Don Juan Fuentes' house?
(a) only a variety of vegetables
(b) nothing but meat and water
(c) barbecued goat and wine
(d) fried eggs and flying fish
4. What does the man think Darwin is going to do?
(a) push him into the water
(b) make him work
(c) strike him
(d) give him money
5. What is one of the industries of the native population near the military post?
(a) making the round stones for the bolas
(b) making lazo, or lassos, for the gauchos
(c) trading horses they caught and trained
(d) weaving ponchos for gauchos
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can two dead monkeys not be shaken out of a tree?
2. What does Darwin see at Punta Alta?
3. What do Darwin and his companions find at the Colorado River?
4. What is the composition of most of the rock formations on the Brazilian coast?
5. How does Darwin end up bringing his own horse down?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)