|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin discover had happened at El Carmen or Patagones?
(a) forest fires had decimated the area
(b) a volcano had erupted fifty miles away
(c) wild natives had attacked and destroyed the ranches
(d) a cyclone had flattened all the vegetation
2. What does Darwin discover about fifteen miles from Patagones?
(a) a volcanic crater
(b) a salt lake
(c) a sand dune mountain
(d) a tar pit
3. What does Darwin see at Punta Alta?
(a) a squirrel called rocky
(b) a cat called gatito
(c) a man called horse
(d) a skunk called a zorillo
4. What is the composition of Sierra de la Ventana?
(a) mostly granite
(b) largely white quartz
(c) largely limestone
(d) mostly ignecious rock
5. What do Gen. Rosa's soldiers do after killing the adult natives?
(a) Scalp the natives.
(b) Barbecue the natives.
(c) They keep the children to sell as slaves.
(d) Feed the natives to the crocodiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the return to Rio de Janeiro, where does Darwin stay that is rich in resources for the naturalist?
2. What causes the different colored water Darwin sees after leaving Bahia?
3. What do the gauchos bring down using their bolas?
4. Where does Darwin get his first walk through a rain forest?
5. What does Darwin observe that is formed by lightning hitting the hills and traversing through the sand?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)