1. What are the dates of Charles Darwin's life span?
(a) May 14, 1850 to June 19, 1922
(b) Aug. 12, 1829 to Feb. 20, 1903
(c) Feb. 12, 1809 to April 19, 1882
(d) Jan. 6, 1818 to Dec. 3, 1900
2. What is Darwin's profession?
(a) a 19th century chemist
(b) a 19th century naturalist
(c) a 19th century map maker
(d) a 19th century ship's captain
3. What is the composition of the Cape de Verd Islands?
(a) tectonic geology and biological diversity
(b) tectonic geology with sparce vegetation
(c) volcanic geology with lush vegetation
(d) volcanic geology and not much vegetation
4. What does Darwin find while exploring Cape de Verd?
(a) an amazing variety of strange plants
(b) remains of a forgotten 14th century civilization
(c) fossils of extremely large land animals
(d) a cemetery with headstones dating back to the 16th century
5. In addition to the volcanic formation of St. Domingo, what does Darwin notice about the island?
(a) a band of chalk
(b) evidence of diamond formations
(c) strange stratas of slate
(d) large mud floes
This section contains 5,307 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)