1. What are the dates of Charles Darwin's life span?
(a) Aug. 12, 1829 to Feb. 20, 1903
(b) Feb. 12, 1809 to April 19, 1882
(c) Jan. 6, 1818 to Dec. 3, 1900
(d) May 14, 1850 to June 19, 1922
2. What is Darwin's profession?
(a) a 19th century naturalist
(b) a 19th century chemist
(c) a 19th century ship's captain
(d) a 19th century map maker
3. What is the composition of the Cape de Verd Islands?
(a) volcanic geology with lush vegetation
(b) tectonic geology and biological diversity
(c) volcanic geology and not much vegetation
(d) tectonic geology with sparce vegetation
4. What does Darwin find while exploring Cape de Verd?
(a) an amazing variety of strange plants
(b) remains of a forgotten 14th century civilization
(c) fossils of extremely large land animals
(d) a cemetery with headstones dating back to the 16th century
5. In addition to the volcanic formation of St. Domingo, what does Darwin notice about the island?
(a) strange stratas of slate
(b) large mud floes
(c) evidence of diamond formations
(d) a band of chalk
This section contains 5,307 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)