|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
3. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
4. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
5. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ayn Rand describe "Socialism" in her essay, "The Monument Builders?"
2. What does it mean to live an existence of stagnation, according to Nathaniel Branden? What scenarios does Nathaniel Branden present in his explanation?
3. How does Ayn Rand believe that a government should finance itself in a free society?
4. What is Rand's view on the Civil Rights Bill of 1964?
5. What is the definition of "power lust" as defined by Ayn Rand in her essay, "The Monument Builders?" Explain.
6. How do people falsely define Individualism, as stated by Nathaniel Branden?
7. How does Rand define rights in her essay, "Man's Rights?"
8. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
9. What are Ayn Rand's thoughts on racism and how does she define it?
10. What type of projects does the principle of "collectivized ethics" support, and by which means are those tasks carried out? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Typically, members of Western Society deem the passing of moral judgment as wrong. What does Rand say about the subject? How does she support her thoughts?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Rand's thoughts about racism as well as her contrasting views of the Civil Rights Bill that was passed in 1964. How are her feelings toward both situations ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Rand's reasoning for considering the irrationality of philosophy and philosophers.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)