|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
4. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
5. In which year was the Civil Rights Bill passed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rand's view on the Civil Rights Bill of 1964?
2. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
3. What type of projects does the principle of "collectivized ethics" support, and by which means are those tasks carried out? Explain.
4. Explain the notion of "collectivized ethics" as mentioned in Ayn Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics."
5. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
6. What are Ayn Rand's thoughts on racism and how does she define it?
7. How must an individual justify his/her action, as stated by Nathaniel Branden in his essay, "Counterfeit Individualism?"
8. What does Rand consider to be the source of rights and how does she describe the origin?
9. What are Ayn Rand's views on mandatory taxation?
10. How do people falsely define Individualism, as stated by Nathaniel Branden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ayn Rand feel a government should finance itself? What are some potential problems with Rand's proposal?
Essay Topic 2
From what you know of Rand and her relationship with Branden, is it possible for a person to care for other human beings without violating the theory of Objectivism? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the term "rational morality" means in regard to Ayn Rand's theory of Objectivism.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)