|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
2. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
3. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
4. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
5. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rand finds there are many problems with the government as well as the views of Western Society. Rand explains her solutions to the many problems that exist within the society. According to Rand, what does she consider to be the traits of a "free" society?
Essay Topic 2
How does fiction serve as an outlet for Ayn Rand to spread and further explain her Objectivist philosophy? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
What are the reasons Rand gives about why it is beneficial to live within a society? Does her reasoning conflict with objectivist thought?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)