|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
2. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
3. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
4. Which country established a socialist system by force?
5. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
Essay Topic 1
What are the reasons Rand gives about why it is beneficial to live within a society? Does her reasoning conflict with objectivist thought?
Essay Topic 2
Using Rand's objectivist theory, explain why it is rational to aid others in an emergency situation. How does this differ from Rand's belief about helping others in a situation which is not considered an emergency?
Essay Topic 3
Explain self-interest and its connection to reason as well as in terms of the choices one may make when motivated by self-interest.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)