|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(c) Careful consideration.
2. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(c) Human peace and experience.
(d) Human existence.
3. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(b) Car accident.
4. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(d) The Church.
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
2. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
3. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
4. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
5. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ayn Rand so against compromise?
2. How does altruism fit into Branden's essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
3. How does Rand define "context" in her explanation of the four considerations described?
4. What does Rand say about the definition of society in her essay "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. What does Rand say about an act of good will in the case of an emergency?
6. How might one find pleasure in doing productive work?
7. What are Rand's thoughts on human error?
8. What is context-dropping, and who uses it?
9. What is faulty about the notion that everyone is selfish?
10. What does Ayn Rand believe happens in the process of a compromise?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)