|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
2. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(b) Human peace and experience.
(d) Human existence.
3. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(a) The United States.
(b) The United Kingdom.
4. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) Christian dogma.
(c) Traditional doctrines.
(d) The government.
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(c) The Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
3. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What commonly upheld principle does Rand deem evil in Western Society as stated in her essay on living a rational life?
2. According to Rand, how must people evaluate their own rational self interest in a given situation?
3. What is Ayn Rand's overall attempt in the writing of her essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
4. According to Branden's essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how are a person's individual pleasures determined?
5. What does Ayn Rand say about the creation and origins of good and evil in her essay "The Objectivist Ethics?"
6. What would Rand say about a person who searches for the good in some situations but does "the wrong thing" by mistake?
7. How must an individual justify his/her action, as stated by Nathaniel Branden in his essay, "Counterfeit Individualism?"
8. What is context-dropping, and who uses it?
9. What type of projects does the principle of "collectivized ethics" support, and by which means are those tasks carried out? Explain.
10. What is the definition of "power lust" as defined by Ayn Rand in her essay, "The Monument Builders?" Explain.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)