|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self interest.
(d) Self worth.
2. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's choice only.
(b) A man's actions only.
(c) A man's life.
(d) A man's actions and choices.
3. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Basic morality.
(b) True morality.
(c) Relgious elixir.
(d) Only morality.
4. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
(a) Superiority complexes.
5. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
2. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
3. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
4. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
5. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Ayn Rand is against collectivized ethics.
2. Explain Rand's idea of the four considerations of a rational man's thought and their function.
3. How does Rand define rights in her essay, "Man's Rights?"
4. What is Branden's purpose in writing the essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. Explain the idea of "Collectivized Rights" as Rand describes.
6. How does Rand describe the objectivist's act of good will?
7. According to Ayn Rand, what are the benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
8. According to Rand, do humans need government? How does Ayn Rand define government?
9. What are Rand's thoughts on human error?
10. What does Ayn Rand believe happens in the process of a compromise?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)