|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
2. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(a) Collective whole.
3. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(b) 1960s Liberals.
4. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
5. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Morally correct.
(d) Honorably intended.
6. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
7. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
8. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(b) Not easy.
(c) Not difficult.
9. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
10. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
11. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) The United States.
(c) Nazi Germany.
12. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
13. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(a) The common good.
(c) Moralist principles.
14. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
15. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XIV.
(d) Louis XVII.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Rand seek refuge after fleeing Soviet Russia?
2. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
3. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
4. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)