|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XIV.
(d) Louis XVII.
2. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) The United States.
3. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ottoman Empire.
(b) Roman Empire.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
4. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
5. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
6. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
(a) Self defense.
(b) Government mandates.
(c) Crime of passion.
7. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
8. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(c) Lottery basis.
(d) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
9. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
10. In which year was the Civil Rights Bill passed?
11. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
(b) The individual.
12. The notion that many people define individualism as the action of not conforming to the standard actions or ideas of the group is _________.
13. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Mandatory taxation.
(b) Independent financing.
(c) Voluntary taxation.
(d) Dependent financing.
14. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
15. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Synonymous with.
(b) Different from.
(c) Opposite of.
(d) Achieved with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
2. Which country does Rand seek refuge after fleeing Soviet Russia?
3. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
4. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
5. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)