|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(a) Collective whole.
2. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
(b) Self defense.
(c) Government mandates.
(d) Crime of passion.
3. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
(d) Soviet Russia.
4. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Dependent financing.
(b) Independent financing.
(c) Voluntary taxation.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
5. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
6. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(c) Something to be considered.
7. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
(b) Code of conduct.
8. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
9. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
10. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
(a) Some individuals.
(b) Every individual.
11. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
12. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
13. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(a) Not easy.
(c) Not difficult.
14. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
15. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
3. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
4. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
5. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)