|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Achieved by.
(b) Forced upon.
(c) Created by.
(d) Completed within.
2. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(c) The United States.
3. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
4. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) A local coffee shop.
(b) Public parks.
(c) Public health care.
5. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
6. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
7. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(b) Total Freedom.
8. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
9. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
10. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
11. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
12. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
13. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
14. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(a) Something to be considered.
15. In which year was the Civil Rights Bill passed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
2. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
3. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
4. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
5. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)