|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
2. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
3. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) The United States.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) Soviet Russia.
4. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
5. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Happiness and trade.
(b) Supply and demand.
(c) Knowledge and trade.
(d) Knowledge and happiness.
6. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
(b) Code of conduct.
7. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
8. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(a) Collective whole.
9. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(c) Morally correct.
(d) Honorably intended.
10. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(c) Free nation.
11. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
12. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
13. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Synonymous with.
(b) Opposite of.
(c) Different from.
(d) Achieved with.
14. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(a) Human Rights Act.
(c) Sedition Act.
(d) Civil Rights Act.
15. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
2. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
5. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)