|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(a) The United States.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(d) Nazi Germany.
2. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
3. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(b) United States.
(d) United Kingdom.
4. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(b) Honorably intended.
(d) Morally correct.
5. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
6. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
7. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
8. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Roman Empire.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Ancient Egypt.
(d) Ottoman Empire.
9. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
10. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
11. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XIV.
(c) Louis XVII.
12. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
13. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
14. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(a) Not difficult.
(d) Not easy.
15. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
2. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
5. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)