|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(c) Free nation.
2. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
3. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(b) Sedition Act.
(c) Civil Rights Act.
(d) Human Rights Act.
4. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) The United States.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) Nazi Germany.
5. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(b) Something to be considered.
6. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
7. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Knowledge and happiness.
(b) Knowledge and trade.
(c) Supply and demand.
(d) Happiness and trade.
8. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Revoke the rights.
(b) Protect the rights.
(c) Decide the rights.
(d) Create the rights.
9. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
(a) Every individual.
(c) Some individuals.
10. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) The United States.
11. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(c) Total Freedom.
12. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
13. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
14. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(b) United Kingdom.
(d) United States.
15. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
2. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
3. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
4. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
5. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)