|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(c) Free nation.
2. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(a) Civil Rights Act.
(b) Sedition Act.
(d) Human Rights Act.
3. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
4. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
(d) Nazi Germany.
5. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(a) Total Freedom.
6. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
7. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
8. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(b) Physical force.
(c) Moral force.
(d) Emotion persuasion.
9. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
10. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
11. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ottoman Empire.
(c) Roman Empire.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
12. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
13. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
14. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(a) Collective whole.
15. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
2. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
3. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
4. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
5. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)