|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Morally correct.
(c) Honorably intended.
2. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Opposite of.
(b) Synonymous with.
(c) Different from.
(d) Achieved with.
3. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(c) United Kingdom.
(d) United States.
4. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(a) Not difficult.
(d) Not easy.
5. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Happiness and trade.
(b) Knowledge and trade.
(c) Knowledge and happiness.
(d) Supply and demand.
6. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
7. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(c) Collective whole.
8. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
9. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
10. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
11. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
12. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(b) Total Freedom.
13. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
14. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Revoke the rights.
(b) Create the rights.
(c) Protect the rights.
(d) Decide the rights.
15. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
2. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
3. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
4. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
5. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)