|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Moral force.
(c) Emotion persuasion.
(d) Physical force.
2. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
3. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
(c) The individual.
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Ottoman Empire.
(d) Roman Empire.
5. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Morally correct.
(b) Honorably intended.
6. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(d) Nazi Germany.
7. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
8. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(a) Lottery basis.
(c) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
9. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Created by.
(b) Completed within.
(c) Forced upon.
(d) Achieved by.
10. The notion that many people define individualism as the action of not conforming to the standard actions or ideas of the group is _________.
11. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(a) Total Freedom.
12. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The United States.
(c) Soviet Russia.
13. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Power planning.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Power lust.
14. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(d) Something to be considered.
15. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
2. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
3. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
4. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
5. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)