|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
2. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
3. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
4. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(b) Counterfeit individualism.
5. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Moral force.
(b) Physical force.
(d) Emotion persuasion.
6. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
7. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
8. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
9. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Voluntary taxation.
(b) Dependent financing.
(c) Independent financing.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
10. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Decide the rights.
(b) Create the rights.
(c) Protect the rights.
(d) Revoke the rights.
11. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
12. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Honorably intended.
(b) Morally correct.
13. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Created by.
(b) Achieved by.
(c) Forced upon.
(d) Completed within.
14. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(b) The United States.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) Nazi Germany.
15. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
2. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
3. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)