|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
2. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(d) Collective whole.
4. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
(a) The Sedition Act.
(b) The Civil Rights Bill.
(c) The Bill of Rights.
5. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
6. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
7. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(c) Free nation.
8. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Happiness and trade.
(b) Knowledge and happiness.
(c) Knowledge and trade.
(d) Supply and demand.
9. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) Public parks.
(b) Public health care.
(c) A local coffee shop.
10. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
11. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Power planning.
(c) Power lust.
(d) Self preservation.
12. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
13. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
14. In which year was the Civil Rights Bill passed?
15. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(d) Total Freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
2. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
5. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)