|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(a) Honorably intended.
(b) Morally correct.
2. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
(c) Not easy.
(d) Not difficult.
3. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
4. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(a) Human Rights Act.
(c) Sedition Act.
(d) Civil Rights Act.
5. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
6. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(b) The United States.
7. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Physical force.
(b) Emotion persuasion.
(c) Moral force.
8. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Completed within.
(b) Achieved by.
(c) Created by.
(d) Forced upon.
9. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(d) Free nation.
10. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
11. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power lust.
(b) Self affliction.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Power planning.
12. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
13. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Achieved with.
(b) Different from.
(c) Opposite of.
(d) Synonymous with.
14. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(b) Nazi Germany.
15. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(a) The common good.
(b) Moralist principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
2. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
3. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
4. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
5. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)