|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
(a) Government mandates.
(b) Self defense.
(c) Crime of passion.
2. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
3. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
4. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Knowledge and trade.
(b) Supply and demand.
(c) Happiness and trade.
(d) Knowledge and happiness.
5. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Opposite of.
(b) Synonymous with.
(c) Different from.
(d) Achieved with.
6. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
7. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
8. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Protect the rights.
(b) Decide the rights.
(c) Create the rights.
(d) Revoke the rights.
9. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
10. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ottoman Empire.
(b) Roman Empire.
(c) Ancient Egypt.
(d) Ancient Greece.
11. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
12. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) The United States.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
13. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Moral force.
(b) Physical force.
(d) Emotion persuasion.
14. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United Kingdom.
(c) United States.
15. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
2. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
3. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
4. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
5. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)