|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
(a) Ancient Egypt.
(b) The United Kingdom.
(c) The United States.
(d) Ancient Greece.
2. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
3. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
(a) Code of conduct.
4. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(c) Collective whole.
5. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
6. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
(a) United States.
(b) United Kingdom.
7. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
8. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(a) The United States.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) Soviet Russia.
9. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Different from.
(b) Synonymous with.
(c) Achieved with.
(d) Opposite of.
10. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) The Korean Conflict.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Cold War.
11. In which year was the essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society" published?
12. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
(a) Completed within.
(b) Forced upon.
(c) Achieved by.
(d) Created by.
13. Which country does Rand seek refuge after fleeing Soviet Russia?
(b) The United States.
14. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
15. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
2. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
3. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
4. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
5. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)