|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Revoke the rights.
(b) Create the rights.
(c) Decide the rights.
(d) Protect the rights.
2. What political system punishes irrationality and rewards rational thought?
3. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
4. The notion that many people define individualism as the action of not conforming to the standard actions or ideas of the group is _________.
5. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
6. In which year was Branden's essay, "Counterfeit Individualism" written?
7. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(c) The common good.
(d) Moralist principles.
8. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(d) 1960s Liberals.
9. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
10. What are the two benefits one can gain from living a social existence?
(a) Happiness and trade.
(b) Supply and demand.
(c) Knowledge and happiness.
(d) Knowledge and trade.
11. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The United States.
(d) Soviet Russia.
12. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(a) Human Rights Act.
(b) Civil Rights Act.
(c) Sedition Act.
13. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Roman Empire.
(d) Ottoman Empire.
14. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
15. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
2. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
3. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
4. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
5. In which year was the Civil Rights Bill passed?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)