|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the only cure for racism?
2. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
3. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Synonymous with.
(b) Different from.
(c) Achieved with.
(d) Opposite of.
4. According to Rand, what do humans need if they are to live in a society?
(a) Total Freedom.
5. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(b) Honorably intended.
(c) Morally correct.
6. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
7. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) The United States.
(d) Ancient Greece.
8. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) The Korean Conflict.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
9. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
10. What is "the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage?"
11. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(a) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
(d) Lottery basis.
12. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The United States.
(d) Soviet Russia.
13. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
14. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(a) Something to be considered.
15. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
2. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
5. Finish the sentence: Humans should think and judge __________, valuing their own intellect above all else.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)