|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not in violation of human survival as stated by the objectivist principle?
2. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(a) Free nation.
3. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
4. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
5. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(a) Counterfeit individualism.
6. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
(a) The United States.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(d) Soviet Russia.
7. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
8. According to Objectivist thought, what does the individual live for?
(a) The common good.
(c) Moralist principles.
9. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(a) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
(d) Lottery basis.
10. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
11. Which of the following is not considered a public project?
(a) Public health care.
(b) A local coffee shop.
(d) Public parks.
12. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) The Korean Conflict.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
13. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
14. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Self preservation.
(c) Power planning.
(d) Power lust.
15. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand blame on the notion that causes men to feel inferior?
2. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
3. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
5. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)