|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political system does Rand mention in "Collectivized Ethics," where she states men are free to produce and compete?
2. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Mandatory taxation.
(b) Voluntary taxation.
(c) Independent financing.
(d) Dependent financing.
3. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
4. The notion that many people define individualism as the action of not conforming to the standard actions or ideas of the group is _________.
5. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
6. Which American group does Rand attack in her essay, "Collectivized Ethics?"
(d) 1960s Liberals.
7. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
8. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(b) Louis XVII.
(c) Louis XIV.
9. Which Act within the United States was Ayn Rand vehemently against?
(a) Human Rights Act.
(b) Sedition Act.
(c) Civil Rights Act.
10. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(d) The United States.
11. In which year was the Civil Rights Bill passed?
12. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
(a) Code of conduct.
13. What political system is characterized by private or corporate ownership of property?
14. What does Nathaniel Branden state is a concept of ethics and politics and simultaneously a concept of ethics and psychology?
(c) Counterfeit individualism.
15. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by force?
2. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
3. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
4. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
5. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)