Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1, "The Objectivist Ethics", Ayn Rand (1961)
1. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
2. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
3. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
4. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
6. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
7. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
8. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
This section contains 2,883 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)