|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
2. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
3. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Morality, mysticism.
(b) Health, illness.
(c) Happiness, sadness.
(d) Life, death.
4. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) A collection of individuals.
(b) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
(c) The downfall of the individual.
(d) A group governed by a government.
5. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
2. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
3. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
4. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
5. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)