|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
(a) Dependent financing.
(b) Voluntary taxation.
(c) Independent financing.
(d) Mandatory taxation.
2. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
3. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
(b) Morally correct.
(d) Honorably intended.
4. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
5. In which year was Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," published?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Ayn Rand write, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?"
2. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
3. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
4. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
5. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)