|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The creation of offspring.
(b) Man's life.
(c) The development of the world.
(d) The society.
2. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(c) Jesus Christ.
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
(a) Directly and with proper intent.
(b) Directly and Indirectly.
(c) Complete and Incomplete.
(d) Purely and Directly.
5. Historically, what did socialist economic planning come about as a reaction to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
2. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
3. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
4. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
5. What type of government financing does Ayn Rand propose in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society?"
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)