|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(d) Public Recognition.
2. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
2. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
3. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
4. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
5. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)