|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(b) All humans.
(c) A loved one.
3. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
4. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
5. According to Rand, a nation has only the right to __________ of its individual citizens.
(a) Revoke the rights.
(b) Create the rights.
(c) Protect the rights.
(d) Decide the rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
2. Which country established a socialist system by force?
3. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)