|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(b) Human existence.
(d) Human peace and experience.
2. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
(c) Free nation.
3. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self worth.
(d) Self interest.
4. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Only morality.
(b) Relgious elixir.
(c) True morality.
(d) Basic morality.
5. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(d) Mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
2. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
4. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
5. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)