|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
2. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) The Fountainhead.
(b) Atlas Shrugged.
(c) The Objectivist Ethics.
(d) The Virtue of Selfishness.
3. Finish the quotation: "Individual rights are the means of subordinating ________ to moral law."
(c) The individual.
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
2. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
3. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
4. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
5. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)