|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
2. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(c) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
(d) Lottery basis.
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Learn and keep.
(b) Obtain and keep.
(c) Obtain and obey.
(d) Keep and follow.
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
2. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
3. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
4. Rand believes that the socialist theory as a whole is _______.
5. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)