|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) The United States.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(d) Self amorous.
3. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(a) Something to be considered.
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Obtain and keep.
(b) Keep and follow.
(c) Learn and keep.
(d) Obtain and obey.
5. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(b) Cause and effect.
(d) Pros and cons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
2. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
3. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
4. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)