|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
2. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
3. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ottoman Empire.
(c) Ancient Egypt.
(d) Roman Empire.
4. According to Ayn Rand, on what basis must the individual give to public works?
5. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Better, worse.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Higher, lower.
(d) Worse, better.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
2. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
4. Rand calls government taxation laws an initiation of _________.
5. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)