|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
2. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
3. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
4. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(b) Common ground.
5. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Emotion persuasion.
(b) Physical force.
(c) Moral force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
2. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
3. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
4. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
5. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)