|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country is said to have inspired Ayn Rand's objectivist theory, and caused her to reject all forms of collectivized government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
2. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
(c) Self destruction.
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Moral force.
(c) Emotion persuasion.
(d) Physical force.
5. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
2. What is "an institution that holds exclusive power to enforce certain rules for social conduct in a given geographical area?"
3. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
4. According to Rand, which country was the first to establish a system in which the society was subordinated to the individual rights?
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)