|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the only way that individuals' rights can be violated?
(a) Physical force.
(b) Moral force.
(d) Emotion persuasion.
2. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
3. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
4. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
5. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand vies for a political system in which public projects are not ________ society.
2. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
3. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
4. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
5. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)