|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(c) Jesus Christ.
2. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(a) Rational interests.
(b) Total freedom.
3. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
(a) That it is possible.
(b) That it can only exist with very rational people.
(c) That there is no compromise.
(d) That it paves the way toward human reason.
4. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(a) A drop-key.
(c) Elimination of context.
5. In Rand's essay, "The Monument Builders," what is the Moscow subway lined with?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
2. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
3. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
4. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)