|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(b) Elimination of context.
(d) A drop-key.
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(b) Flatter your prospective employer.
(c) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(d) Explain your competence.
3. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
4. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) The United States.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(d) Soviet Russia.
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
Short Answer Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
3. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
5. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)