|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(c) Collective whole.
2. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) A sense of purpose.
(d) Self esteem.
3. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
4. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
5. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
2. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
3. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
4. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)