|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
2. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Pros and cons.
(c) Cause and effect.
4. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(b) The United States.
5. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
2. What is the extreme example Rand uses to illustrate what can go wrong in a society that doesn't uphold the rights of the individual?
3. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
4. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)