|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of the Land.
(b) Law of Actual Reality.
(c) Law of Identity.
(d) Laws of the Self.
3. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(b) The Church.
4. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean Conflict.
(d) The Cold War.
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Explain your competence.
(b) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(c) Flatter your prospective employer.
(d) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
2. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
3. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)