|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(c) Too religious.
2. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
3. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) The downfall of the individual.
(b) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
(c) A collection of individuals.
(d) A group governed by a government.
4. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
(a) The Sedition Act.
(b) The Civil Rights Bill.
(c) The Bill of Rights.
5. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
2. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
4. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
5. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)