|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
(a) Self destruction.
2. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self worth.
(d) Self interest.
3. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(c) Mental health.
4. Who is the noble, true, infallible judge in Western society, according to Rand?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(c) The President.
(d) Religious leaders.
5. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
2. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
3. Finish the sentence: According to Ayn Rand, society must provide an organized protection against _________.
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)