|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
2. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
(c) Collective whole.
3. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
4. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Higher, lower.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Worse, better.
5. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(b) A drop-key.
(c) Elimination of context.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
2. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
3. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
4. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
5. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)