|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(d) Morality and mysticism.
2. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
3. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
4. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(d) Self interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
2. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)