|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rand states, how must a collectivist society be formed to operate morally?
2. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) The government.
(b) Traditional doctrines.
(d) Christian dogma.
3. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
4. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(a) Rational interests.
(c) Total freedom.
5. Some may claim that Ayn Rand's proposal for government financing is _______.
(d) Something to be considered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
2. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
3. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
4. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
5. Which fictional character from "Atlas Shrugged" does Ayn Rand constantly refer to in order to explain her Objectivist theory?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)