|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes several societies that exhibited a collectivist system. Which society is not included?
(a) Ottoman Empire.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Roman Empire.
(d) Ancient Greece.
2. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power planning.
(b) Self affliction.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Power lust.
3. In which political system does the government own all societal goods and provide the people with what they need?
4. In which year was the essay, "The Divine Right of Stagnation," written?
5. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
2. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
3. In Rand's essay, "Man's Rights," she describes a right as the freedom of _______.
4. Which form of government imposes laws of force and denies its citizens natural rights?
5. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)