|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
2. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) Proportionate to Z.
(b) A in the Actual Reality.
(c) To B as B is to C.
3. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) Self esteem.
(c) A sense of purpose.
4. According to Ayn Rand, this is the only time physical force is warranted.
(a) Self defense.
(b) Government mandates.
(d) Crime of passion.
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
2. With which country's form of government does Rand largely agree?
3. The principle of collectivized ethics supposes that one must live for the benefit of what?
4. According to Rand, what is defined as conducting one's life according to the divinity of nonexistent beings?
5. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)