|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(d) The Church.
4. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
5. According to Ayn Rand, the major problem of socialism is the denial of what type of rights?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
2. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
3. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
4. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
5. Rand states in her essay, "Government Financing in a Free Society," that her proposal for government financing is ________ in practice.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)