|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Divine Right of Stagnation", Nathaniel Branden (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(d) Common ground.
2. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) A sense of purpose.
(b) Self esteem.
3. This stated that private facilities cannot refuse services to patrons based on race, creed, religion, sex, etc.
(a) The Bill of Rights.
(b) The Civil Rights Bill.
(c) The Sedition Act.
4. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That is needs to be proven.
(b) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(c) That it is absolutely correct.
(d) That it is faulty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)