|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(d) Self amorous.
2. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) Christian dogma.
(b) Traditional doctrines.
(d) The government.
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
5. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
2. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
3. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
4. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)