|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) A in the Actual Reality.
(b) Proportionate to Z.
(c) To B as B is to C.
2. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(b) Careful consideration.
3. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human existence.
(b) Human peace and experience.
4. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
(a) The Fountainhead.
(b) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) Total Freedom.
5. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(a) Various religions.
(b) Church Fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
5. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)