|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
2. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
3. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) Self esteem.
(c) A sense of purpose.
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's actions only.
(b) A man's choice only.
(c) A man's life.
(d) A man's actions and choices.
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
(a) A mystery.
(b) Driven by basic needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. In Rand's essay, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?" Rand states that people often dismiss evil around them out of what?
3. What type of tools must one use in a real life situation?
4. According to Rand, what type of principles have ruled Western Society for years?
5. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)