|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
(a) Writing a song.
(b) Working on a project.
(c) Watching television.
3. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(d) Public Recognition.
5. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(d) Common ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
2. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
3. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)