|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
(a) Directly and Indirectly.
(b) Directly and with proper intent.
(c) Complete and Incomplete.
(d) Purely and Directly.
2. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
3. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
4. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
(b) Driven by basic needs.
(c) A mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
2. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
4. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
5. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)