|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Only morality.
(b) True morality.
(c) Basic morality.
(d) Relgious elixir.
2. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
(a) Writing a song.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Working on a project.
3. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
4. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
5. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
2. What type of tools must one use in a real life situation?
3. In what year did Ayn Rand write, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?"
4. Who is the noble, true, infallible judge in Western society, according to Rand?
5. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)