|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
2. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of Actual Reality.
(b) Laws of the Self.
(c) Law of the Land.
(d) Law of Identity.
3. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
4. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
5. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(c) Morality and mysticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
3. In Rand's essay, "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?" Rand states that people often dismiss evil around them out of what?
4. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
5. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)