|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
2. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(b) All humans.
(c) A loved one.
3. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(c) Church Fathers.
(d) Various religions.
4. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(b) Too religious.
5. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(a) Self interest.
(b) Self worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
4. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
5. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)