|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of Actual Reality.
(b) Law of the Land.
(c) Laws of the Self.
(d) Law of Identity.
2. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
3. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Worse, better.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Better, worse.
(d) Higher, lower.
4. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the noble, true, infallible judge in Western society, according to Rand?
2. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
3. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
4. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
5. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)