|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
2. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
3. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
(a) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(b) Total Freedom.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) The Fountainhead.
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) Atlas Shrugged.
(b) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(c) The Fountainhead.
(d) The Objectivist Ethics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
2. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
3. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)