|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
(a) Reason and self-interest.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Gray and white.
(d) Reason and rationality.
2. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
(d) Rational thought.
3. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
2. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
3. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
4. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)