|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
2. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(c) Self esteem.
(d) A sense of purpose.
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
5. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's life.
(b) A man's actions only.
(c) A man's choice only.
(d) A man's actions and choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
2. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
3. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
4. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)