|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Flatter your prospective employer.
(b) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(c) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(d) Explain your competence.
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(a) Self amorous.
3. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
4. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) True morality.
(b) Basic morality.
(c) Only morality.
(d) Relgious elixir.
5. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
2. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
3. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. According to Ayn Rand, one must pass moral judgment in order to live what kind of life?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)