|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(b) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
2. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
3. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
5. What type of tools must one use in a real life situation?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)