|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(c) Mental health.
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(d) Common ground.
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) The creator of Objectivism.
(b) Rand's husband.
(c) Rand's associate.
(d) Rand's favorite writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
2. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
3. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)