|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The development of the world.
(b) Man's life.
(c) The creation of offspring.
(d) The society.
2. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
5. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
2. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
5. How does Western Society deem moral judgment?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)