|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Obtain and keep.
(b) Obtain and obey.
(c) Learn and keep.
(d) Keep and follow.
3. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(c) The Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
2. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
3. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
4. Which Greek philosopher is mentioned once within the book?
5. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)