|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
(a) Belief and guilt.
(b) Reason and control.
(c) Anxiety and frivolity.
(d) Anxiety and guilt.
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
4. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(b) A drop-key.
(d) Elimination of context.
5. According to Ayn Rand, human error is _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
2. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
3. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
4. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
5. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)