|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of the Land.
(b) Law of Actual Reality.
(c) Laws of the Self.
(d) Law of Identity.
2. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
4. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
(a) Reason and rationality.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Gray and white.
(d) Reason and self-interest.
5. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
2. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
3. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
4. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
5. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)