|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) Proportionate to Z.
(b) A in the Actual Reality.
(c) To B as B is to C.
2. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
3. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(a) Careful consideration.
4. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Explain your competence.
(b) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(c) Flatter your prospective employer.
(d) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
5. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Morality, mysticism.
(b) Health, illness.
(c) Life, death.
(d) Happiness, sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
2. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)