|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
(a) Total Freedom.
(b) Atlas Shrugged.
(c) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(d) The Fountainhead.
2. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
3. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
4. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Objectivist Newsletter.
(b) The Objectivist Quarterly.
(c) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
(d) The Times.
5. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
2. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
3. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
4. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
5. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)