|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Cult of Moral Grayness", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand states that judgment is a ______ action to commit.
2. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(b) The United Kingdom.
(d) The United States.
5. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
2. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. Finish the statement: According to Rand, " One must _____, and prepare to be _______."
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)