|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
2. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The development of the world.
(b) The creation of offspring.
(c) The society.
(d) Man's life.
3. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
(a) Self destruction.
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
(a) Writing a song.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Working on a project.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
3. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
4. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
5. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)