|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(c) Self amorous.
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(c) Pros and cons.
(d) Cause and effect.
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(d) Careful consideration.
5. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(b) Self interest.
(c) Self worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
2. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
3. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
4. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
5. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)