|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
2. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
3. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(d) Self interest.
4. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(c) Car accident.
5. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
2. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
3. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
4. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)