|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
2. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) A in the Actual Reality.
(b) To B as B is to C.
(d) Proportionate to Z.
3. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(d) Careful consideration.
4. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
5. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
3. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
4. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
5. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)