|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) The Fountainhead.
(b) Atlas Shrugged.
(c) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(d) The Objectivist Ethics.
2. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(b) Proportionate to Z.
(c) To B as B is to C.
(d) A in the Actual Reality.
3. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(c) Self interest.
4. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(b) Mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
4. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
5. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)