|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The function of pleasure is to give a man his own sense of what?
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(b) Self worth.
(d) Self interest.
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
(a) A mystery.
(d) Driven by basic needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
2. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
3. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
4. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
5. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)