|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
2. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
3. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Law of Actual Reality.
(b) Laws of the Self.
(c) Law of the Land.
(d) Law of Identity.
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
3. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
4. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
5. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)