|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Basic morality.
(b) True morality.
(c) Only morality.
(d) Relgious elixir.
2. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
3. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
(a) The Virtue of Selfishness.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) The Objectivist Ethics.
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
3. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
4. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
5. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)