|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human peace and experience.
(b) Human existence.
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's associate.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's husband.
(d) Rand's favorite writer.
5. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Objectivist Quarterly.
(b) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Objectivist Newsletter.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
2. Branden states in his essay, "The Psychology of Pleasure" that pleasure is not a _________, but a psychological need.
3. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
5. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)