|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(b) Common ground.
2. Complete the sentence. A _________ person's desire for pleasure is the desire to escape reality.
3. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
(a) Directly and Indirectly.
(b) Directly and with proper intent.
(c) Complete and Incomplete.
(d) Purely and Directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
2. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
3. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
4. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
5. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)