|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(c) Human existence.
(d) Human peace and experience.
2. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Better, worse.
(b) Higher, lower.
(c) Worse, better.
(d) Lower, higher.
5. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
2. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
3. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
5. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)