|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Happiness, sadness.
(b) Health, illness.
(c) Life, death.
(d) Morality, mysticism.
2. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
3. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(c) Church Fathers.
(d) Various religions.
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(b) That it is faulty.
(c) That is needs to be proven.
(d) That it is absolutely correct.
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
Short Answer Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
4. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
5. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)