|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(b) A in the Actual Reality.
(c) Proportionate to Z.
(d) To B as B is to C.
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(a) Car accident.
3. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(b) Elimination of context.
(d) A drop-key.
4. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human existence.
(c) Human peace and experience.
5. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
2. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)