|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
(a) Superiority complexes.
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
2. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)