|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
2. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(b) Self interest.
3. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That is needs to be proven.
(b) That it is absolutely correct.
(c) That it is faulty.
(d) That it is absolutely incorrect.
4. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(a) Car accident.
5. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(b) Human existence.
(c) Human peace and experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
2. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
3. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
5. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)