|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(a) Total freedom.
(c) Rational interests.
2. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
(a) That there is no compromise.
(b) That it can only exist with very rational people.
(c) That it paves the way toward human reason.
(d) That it is possible.
3. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
Short Answer Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
2. Which of the following is not included in Branden's list of avenues where people find pleasure?
3. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
4. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
5. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)