|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. What must one have before being able to find meaningful relationships with others?
(b) Self interest.
(d) Self worth.
3. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(a) Self interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
4. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
5. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)