|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) Christian dogma.
(b) Traditional doctrines.
(c) The government.
3. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
4. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
(d) Self interest.
5. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
2. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
5. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)