|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the "Psychology of Pleasure" written?
2. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
3. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(c) Human peace and experience.
(d) Human existence.
4. Which of the following does not fall into the category of what Branden would consider a proper avenue for seeking pleasure?
(a) Writing a song.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Working on a project.
5. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ayn Rand's last work of fiction?
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
3. According to Branden, what determines a person's individual pleasures?
4. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
5. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)