|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
(c) Self interest.
2. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(b) Careful consideration.
3. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Objectivist Quarterly.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Objectivist Newsletter.
(d) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
4. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
(d) Superiority complexes.
5. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
2. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
3. In Branden's essay on "The Psychology of Pleasure" he lists five avenues upon which ________ people find pleasure.
4. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
5. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)