|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Pros and cons.
(d) Cause and effect.
2. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
3. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(b) That is needs to be proven.
(c) That it is absolutely correct.
(d) That it is faulty.
5. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
3. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
5. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)