|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
(a) That it is possible.
(b) That it paves the way toward human reason.
(c) That it can only exist with very rational people.
(d) That there is no compromise.
2. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
2. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
3. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
4. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)