|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(a) Car accident.
3. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Objectivist Newsletter.
(d) The Objectivist Quarterly.
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. Branden's notion of pleasure being a psychological need also fits into which of his other notions?
(c) Mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
3. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
4. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
5. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)