|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Pros and cons.
(c) Cause and effect.
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(a) Common ground.
4. According to Branden, "The Psychology of Pleasure," how many major avenues are there for one to seek pleasure?
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
(a) Proportionate to Z.
(b) A in the Actual Reality.
(c) To B as B is to C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
2. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
3. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
5. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)