|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
2. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(c) Public Recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
2. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
3. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
4. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
5. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)