|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
2. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
3. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
2. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
3. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
4. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)