|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
5. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(b) Total freedom.
(d) Rational interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
5. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)