|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's actions only.
(b) A man's actions and choices.
(c) A man's choice only.
(d) A man's life.
2. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(b) Rational interests.
(c) Total freedom.
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
2. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
3. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
5. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)