|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
2. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
3. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
4. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
5. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
3. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)