|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
(a) Laws of the Self.
(b) Law of Identity.
(c) Law of Actual Reality.
(d) Law of the Land.
2. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
3. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) Christian dogma.
(b) Traditional doctrines.
(d) The government.
4. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
5. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
2. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
3. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
4. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)