|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
2. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
(a) Anxiety and guilt.
(b) Belief and guilt.
(c) Anxiety and frivolity.
(d) Reason and control.
3. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human existence.
(d) Human peace and experience.
4. What does Rand claim is not a valid standard of value in her essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
5. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
2. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
3. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
4. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
5. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)