|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what term is used to describe a method in which one refuses to base his or her interests on context?
(b) A drop-key.
(d) Elimination of context.
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
3. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(b) Flatter your prospective employer.
(c) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(d) Explain your competence.
4. Which of the following is included in the four considerations of man's view of rationality that Rand describes?
5. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human peace and experience.
(c) Human existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
2. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
3. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
4. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)