|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) A loved one.
(d) All humans.
2. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(a) Church Fathers.
(c) Various religions.
3. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's life.
(b) A man's choice only.
(c) A man's actions and choices.
(d) A man's actions only.
4. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human existence.
(c) Human peace and experience.
5. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
2. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
3. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)