|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(b) That it is faulty.
(c) That it is absolutely correct.
(d) That is needs to be proven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rand's essay on "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests," what are the two ways she claims that goals can be met?
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
3. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
4. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
5. Finish the statement. "A" is _________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)