|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(a) The Church.
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's favorite writer.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's associate.
(d) Rand's husband.
4. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) A loved one.
(c) All humans.
5. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
2. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
5. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)