|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(b) The Church.
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Cause and effect.
(d) Pros and cons.
4. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
5. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
3. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
4. Which law does Rand propose should be used to determine man's interests?
5. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)