|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
2. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
5. What is it impossible to pursue in a "non-free" society?
(a) Total freedom.
(b) Rational interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
5. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)