|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(a) Public Recognition.
2. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
3. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
(c) Driven by basic needs.
(d) A mystery.
4. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
5. According to Rand, every interest that a person employs must be based in ________.
(c) Careful consideration.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Rand write the essay, "The 'Conflicts' of Men's Interests?"
2. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
5. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)