|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?" Nathaniel Branden (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's husband.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's favorite writer.
(d) Rand's associate.
3. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) The downfall of the individual.
(b) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
(c) A collection of individuals.
(d) A group governed by a government.
4. What must the goals one chooses to pursue be in order to be a rational thinker?
5. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
2. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
3. Which of the following words is not included in those Rand uses to describe desire?
4. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
5. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)