|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(d) Morality and mysticism.
2. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(a) Public Recognition.
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(c) Pros and cons.
(d) Cause and effect.
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(b) Various religions.
(c) Church Fathers.
5. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
(a) A mystery.
(c) Driven by basic needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
2. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
3. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
4. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)