|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(b) Church Fathers.
(d) Various religions.
2. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
3. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
(a) A loved one.
(b) All humans.
4. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
5. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
2. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)