|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The society.
(b) Man's life.
(c) The development of the world.
(d) The creation of offspring.
2. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Obtain and obey.
(b) Keep and follow.
(c) Obtain and keep.
(d) Learn and keep.
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's favorite writer.
(b) The creator of Objectivism.
(c) Rand's husband.
(d) Rand's associate.
4. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)