|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
2. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(d) The Church.
3. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(c) Car accident.
4. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Pros and cons.
(c) Cause and effect.
5. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
2. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
3. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)