|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(a) Pros and cons.
(b) Cause and effect.
2. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The society.
(b) The creation of offspring.
(c) Man's life.
(d) The development of the world.
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) The creator of Objectivism.
(b) Rand's associate.
(c) Rand's favorite writer.
(d) Rand's husband.
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
2. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
5. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)