|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The creation of offspring.
(b) The society.
(c) The development of the world.
(d) Man's life.
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's husband.
(b) Rand's favorite writer.
(c) Rand's associate.
(d) The creator of Objectivism.
3. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) A group governed by a government.
(b) A collection of individuals.
(c) The downfall of the individual.
(d) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
4. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Relgious elixir.
(b) Basic morality.
(c) Only morality.
(d) True morality.
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
2. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
3. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
4. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)