|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The creation of offspring.
(b) The development of the world.
(c) Man's life.
(d) The society.
3. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(d) Public Recognition.
5. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
4. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
5. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)