|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
3. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(a) Christian dogma.
(c) Traditional doctrines.
(d) The government.
4. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
5. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
4. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
5. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)