|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
3. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(a) Church Fathers.
(b) Various religions.
5. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
(d) Superiority complexes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
4. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
5. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)