|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
(b) Traditional doctrines.
(c) The government.
(d) Christian dogma.
2. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(b) Human existence.
(c) Human peace and experience.
3. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(c) Pros and cons.
(d) Cause and effect.
4. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's favorite writer.
(b) Rand's associate.
(c) The creator of Objectivism.
(d) Rand's husband.
5. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
4. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)