|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
2. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Keep and follow.
(b) Learn and keep.
(c) Obtain and obey.
(d) Obtain and keep.
3. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
2. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
3. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
4. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
5. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)