|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(a) Car accident.
2. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(c) Cause and effect.
(d) Pros and cons.
3. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
4. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human peace and experience.
(c) Human existence.
5. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
(a) The most efficient way of governing the earth.
(b) A group governed by a government.
(c) A collection of individuals.
(d) The downfall of the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
2. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
3. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)