|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(a) Human existence.
(d) Human peace and experience.
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(b) Car accident.
3. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Learn and keep.
(b) Obtain and keep.
(c) Keep and follow.
(d) Obtain and obey.
5. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
2. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
3. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
5. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)