|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
3. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
(a) The creation of offspring.
(b) The society.
(c) Man's life.
(d) The development of the world.
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(c) Various religions.
(d) Church Fathers.
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(b) The Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)