|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand defends her points by stating her belief that the mainstream practice of ethics goes against the reality of _________.
(b) Human peace and experience.
(c) Human existence.
2. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
3. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(c) Public Recognition.
5. Which philosopher does Rand mention in her essay on "The Objectivist Ethics?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
2. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
4. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
5. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)