|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(a) Car accident.
3. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
(a) The Church.
4. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
5. Which of the following is not examined by Rand within "The Virtue of Selfishness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
2. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
3. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
4. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
5. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)