|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
3. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's favorite writer.
(b) Rand's associate.
(c) The creator of Objectivism.
(d) Rand's husband.
4. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
2. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
3. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
4. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
5. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)