|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nathaniel Branden in the context of this collection?
(a) Rand's associate.
(b) Rand's husband.
(c) Rand's favorite writer.
(d) The creator of Objectivism.
2. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(c) Public Recognition.
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
4. In what year did Branden write his essay, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice?"
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
2. How does Rand define "society" in a basic sense?
3. Which instinct does self-sacrifice directly contradict?
4. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
5. At the conclusion of Rand's essay on the Objectivist ethics, what does she state is the standard value for the Objectivist?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)