|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Ethics of Emergencies", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
2. According to Branden, which concept is used by Mystics to encourage human self-sacrifice?
(b) Jesus Christ.
3. What is necessary for the existence of self-esteem according to Branden?
4. What type of scheme does Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism attempt to illustrate?
(b) Cause and effect.
(d) Pros and cons.
5. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of need does "mental health" fall under?
2. What are the two things Branden claims that perpetuate within society and threaten self-esteem?
3. What does self-esteem provide a person with according to Branden?
4. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
5. What does Branden acknowledge as being one of the major causes of mental degradation?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)