|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Collectivized 'Rights'", Ayn Rand (1963).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rand's essay, "Collectivized Ethics," Rand mentions which system of government in relation to collectivized ethics?
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Worse, better.
(b) Higher, lower.
(c) Lower, higher.
(d) Better, worse.
4. Who created "good" and evil" according to Rand?
(b) Various religions.
(d) Church Fathers.
5. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Rand state that philosophers substitute for God?
2. Which of the following vocabulary words were not defined in Branden's essay on Mental Health versus Mysticism?
3. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
4. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
5. What does Branden identify as being referred to as an "evil" by Mystics?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)