Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Branden, what must human beings have in order to have pleasure?
(a) A sense of purpose.
(c) Self esteem.
2. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
3. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
4. Ayn Rand defines value as something that a person believes is necessary to do what?
(a) Learn and keep.
(b) Keep and follow.
(c) Obtain and obey.
(d) Obtain and keep.
5. What does Rand claim that Objectivists ethics are in the essay on Objectivist ethics?
(a) Relgious elixir.
(b) True morality.
(c) Basic morality.
(d) Only morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the quote: "_____ is a desire experienced by a person who does not know and does not care to discover its cause."
2. What does Rand believe the nature of the human mind to be?
3. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
4. Finish the sentence based upon Rand's theory: One must achieve interests by her own efforts only and not at the expense of another's ______.
5. According to Rand, what people define the standards for "good" in a society?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)